R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #1561
Tech Addict
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

@ Irvinew, I heard Moose Jaw's track is bigger than Saskatoon's. On our track it is said that 4.09 is ideal, and its a small tight track. Yet you are running a 5.5?

You must be alabout that torque
__________________
*
Who races a Mazda Sedan...? Honestly...? :D
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #1562
Tech Regular
 
Rugspin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Palm Deset California
Posts: 493
Default Almost ready to roll

Just waiting on my electronics to arrive. LRP Flow Works Team and Futaba Servo.



__________________
Steve Burgess
Rugspin Graphix http://www.rugspingraphix.com
FB http://facebook.com/rugspingraphix
Email rugspinner@aol.com
Rugspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #1563
Tech Addict
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Rugspin, Looks awesome!!!
__________________
*
Who races a Mazda Sedan...? Honestly...? :D
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #1564
Tech Addict
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I picked up the Tuning Haus Aluminum C-Hubs and Rear carriers for the 6.2. Let me start by saying I'm disappointed in these I was looking to tighten up the front end a bit using these, but was more just looking to upgrade something...

I tried to install the right side first and after a few test fits decided to abandon them for the time being. They will need some work to make them work properly. That's not performance.

The first problem is the lower screw that holds the steering block into the C-Hub binds when tightened up. You have to loosen it a few turns before it frees up the block, but then the screw is too loose. I need to look at this closer to understand why it's binding, however I assume I may need a washer under the screw, or remove material from the shoulder of the C-Hub. The top ball stud threads in and does not bind the steering block when tightened.

Next the hinge pin would not slide into the C-Hub with out tapping it in with a hammer. This removed some aluminum and anodizing from the hole, but it was still a tight fit. There is no way this is coming out easily if pressed through the A-Arm, through the C-Hub and in place. It will require reaming out to larger than 2.54mm (Hinge pin). I have ordered a reamer just because.

I did not check the rear carriers, however I suspect they hinge pin holes will be similar in under sizing and will require reaming as well. At this point I just said screw it and threw back on the OEM plastic C-Hub.

The pieces themselves look nicely machined in general, however the fit is unacceptable. I would not recommend them unless you want to fiddle about to make them fit, like I will have to do. And could they not have anodized them in blue? That was nearly a non sale point for me, and I wished I would not have caved.... Oh well, add it to my pile of life lessons.



__________________
*
Who races a Mazda Sedan...? Honestly...? :D
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #1565
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 46
Default

ViperZ-
I'm disappointed to hear that these items did not meet your expectations. I would appreciate the chance to exchange these for other Tuning Haus items you might use or ?
Send me a PM or e-mail at bill@tuninghaus.com and let me figure out a way to create a satisfied customer. Thanks!
Bill
Bill Jeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #1566
Tech Addict
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Jeric View Post
ViperZ-
I'm disappointed to hear that these items did not meet your expectations. I would appreciate the chance to exchange these for other Tuning Haus items you might use or ?
Send me a PM or e-mail at bill@tuninghaus.com and let me figure out a way to create a satisfied customer. Thanks!
Bill
Thanks Bill! PM your way.
__________________
*
Who races a Mazda Sedan...? Honestly...? :D
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #1567
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27
Default Aluminum spur gear pulleys

I've been looking for a pair of the TA aluminum spur gear pulleys......
Has anyone actually seen or have these?
Any idea how long they'll be out of stock everywhere?

Are there aftermarket pulleys like the associated ones that will fit?

Just like shinny things

CG3
chipgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #1568
Tech Addict
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipgibbs View Post
I've been looking for a pair of the TA aluminum spur gear pulleys......
Has anyone actually seen or have these?
Any idea how long they'll be out of stock everywhere?

Are there aftermarket pulleys like the associated ones that will fit?

Just like shinny things

CG3
Yes, I have them, they are a nice looking addition..





__________________
*
Who races a Mazda Sedan...? Honestly...? :D
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #1569
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,673
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
I picked up the Tuning Haus Aluminum C-Hubs and Rear carriers for the 6.2. Let me start by saying I'm disappointed in these I was looking to tighten up the front end a bit using these, but was more just looking to upgrade something...

I tried to install the right side first and after a few test fits decided to abandon them for the time being. They will need some work to make them work properly. That's not performance.

The first problem is the lower screw that holds the steering block into the C-Hub binds when tightened up. You have to loosen it a few turns before it frees up the block, but then the screw is too loose. I need to look at this closer to understand why it's binding, however I assume I may need a washer under the screw, or remove material from the shoulder of the C-Hub. The top ball stud threads in and does not bind the steering block when tightened.

Next the hinge pin would not slide into the C-Hub with out tapping it in with a hammer. This removed some aluminum and anodizing from the hole, but it was still a tight fit. There is no way this is coming out easily if pressed through the A-Arm, through the C-Hub and in place. It will require reaming out to larger than 2.54mm (Hinge pin). I have ordered a reamer just because.

I did not check the rear carriers, however I suspect they hinge pin holes will be similar in under sizing and will require reaming as well. At this point I just said screw it and threw back on the OEM plastic C-Hub.

The pieces themselves look nicely machined in general, however the fit is unacceptable. I would not recommend them unless you want to fiddle about to make them fit, like I will have to do. And could they not have anodized them in blue? That was nearly a non sale point for me, and I wished I would not have caved.... Oh well, add it to my pile of life lessons.



plus 1...same issues...it takes some work to get them to work properly... I will test them Sunday at the track and see if it was worth the effort

also the pulleys work great....Ive got them on all my TC6 series cars
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
THUNDER JAM IX Snowbirds Warm-up
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #1570
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I've always thought Bill Jeric was a good guy and upstanding businessman. Thanks for reinforcing that point. I look forward to further updates on this situation.
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #1571
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,673
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

here are some pics old and new
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-chub.jpg   Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-chub2.jpg   Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-20.jpg   Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-21.jpg  
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
THUNDER JAM IX Snowbirds Warm-up
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #1572
Tech Addict
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
plus 1...same issues...it takes some work to get them to work properly... I will test them Sunday at the track and see if it was worth the effort

also the pulleys work great....Ive got them on all my TC6 series cars
Darkside, what did you resort to solve the binding of the steering blocks?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
I've always thought Bill Jeric was a good guy and upstanding businessman. Thanks for reinforcing that point. I look forward to further updates on this situation.
I certainly appreciate Bill's initiative here....
__________________
*
Who races a Mazda Sedan...? Honestly...? :D
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #1573
Tech Addict
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I mounted a new Franksbodies LTR-C to the TC6.2 themed with all the stickers I got with my tools. Added to maintain the theme are the red anodized Protoform wing mounts, and red Tuning Haus wheel nuts.




__________________
*
Who races a Mazda Sedan...? Honestly...? :D
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #1574
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,665
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

I haven't heard anything about Franksbodies in nearly 10 years, glad to hear he is still around. Definitely one of the most talented painters in the world.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:15 AM   #1575
Tech Addict
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
I haven't heard anything about Franksbodies in nearly 10 years, glad to hear he is still around. Definitely one of the most talented painters in the world.
Good to hear he's a mainstay in the hobby! His work is excellent indeed!
__________________
*
Who races a Mazda Sedan...? Honestly...? :D
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:09 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0