Wiki Posts
Search

looking to build a scale car for looks and speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default looking to build a scale car for looks and speed

I am tring to decide on a platform for my next drag racer. I am looking for 4 wheel drive and something that can handle a 6.5 on 2s. Either a shorty or long pack if possible.

Also would like to be able to use a body that is more realistic looking. Since I have only run 1/10 off road I know absolutely nothing about this. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

So do you want a true drag car? Like a traxxas funy car? Or is a touring car chassis fine?
Old 11-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like a touring car chassis unless you really do want a true drag car. That will meet your drive train, power and battery requirements. Also that's the best way to get a realistic streetable look. Pick the one that's easiest to get parts for.
If you ever want to race, your requirements might change. Go ahead and look at the more expensive gear. Just incase.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A touring car sounds about right. And as far as which to get I am thinking and associated. But are there different size chassis that certain bodies fit onto? And which would be better, shaft driven or belt drive? And as far as racing goes, this will strictly be drag racing or just beating around the parking lot. My local track is only off road and the closest carpet is too far for me to consider going too. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

standards are 190mm And 200mm. most chassis will fit a 190mm shell with 0mm offset racing wheels. most realistic body shells are 200mm it looks more proportionate to a real car. you will need offset wheels depending on the body and chassis selected.

since you said you will be bashing about an open lot…i would say shaft, but you said you will be drag racing, so i would say belt. Hmmm
you really don't want a plate style chassis car, you want tub if you will be doing street driving.

My choices

1 tamiya xv01 rally platform
2 tc4 club racer