Like Tree304Likes

Xray X1 - Formula One Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
making the balls slightly looser
Oh god the amount jokes going through my head right now..........
Old 02-23-2015, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbd
Hi Rob,
I have read about your experience with the other car. Very unfortunate story.
The X1 is very nice car. I could compare it with yokomo YRF1, which I own too. The X1 is much better for me. Out of the box runs great. The metal and plastic parts are of much higher quality compared to the YRF. Much more durable too - it have experience some serious hits without change of the setup. Been an xray it holds setup really well.
I am still due to run it on asphalt as it was issued at the beginning of Dec 2014. I doubt anyone will have experience on asfalt apart from the xray team drivers. With the prototype Martini won an ETS event last summer.
Yes, the Street Jam was a train wreck, & nightmare that never ended, and because of that I'm uber cautious at handing my money over for another car.
Along with the Xray, I'm also considering the VBC, (which was also on my short list before I bought the street jam).

Even though the Xray is a little more than the VBC, there is the fact that it comes with wings, and a body in the kit, and I have always heard good things about Xray kits in regards to build quality, durability, & performance.

I probably won't be buying anything untill towards the end of next month, so I'll keep my eye on this thread, and thanks for all the replies.

Rob.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Yes, the Street Jam was a train wreck, & nightmare that never ended, and because of that I'm uber cautious at handing my money over for another car.
Along with the Xray, I'm also considering the VBC, (which was also on my short list before I bought the street jam).

Even though the Xray is a little more than the VBC, there is the fact that it comes with wings, and a body in the kit, and I have always heard good things about Xray kits in regards to build quality, durability, & performance.

I probably won't be buying anything untill towards the end of next month, so I'll keep my eye on this thread, and thanks for all the replies.

Rob.
Rob, it's good to see you're at least considering it....

Remember this very old phrase... "Pay lots, cry once".... "Pay little, cry often"
carrizojim likes this.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Do I "need" to use a low profile servo? Looked over the manual and from what I can tell it shows a standard servo but looks like most are running low profile...

I'm new to onroad and I'm not too worried about building a super lightweight setup.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Not a whole lot of weight difference between low profile and standard, less than 10g or so.
What having a low profile servo in the X1 will do for you is keep the weight more central.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi All,

After a disastrous experience with another brand of F1, I'm looking for a car that will have the quality that I am expecting for my $.
Two cars are currently on my radar and the Xray is one of them. Apart from being hard to buy one, as most of the online stores I frequent are out of stock is there anything else I should look out for, and/or buy to compliment the kit?

I'm also looking for a car that can handle different tracks, with varying levels of grip without having to drastically alter setups, is the Xray capable of this or should I be looking elsewhere?

I plan to exclusively race on outdoor asphalt tracks using rubber tires, and no intention to race on carpet at this stage.

Regards
Rob.
I think you can't go wrong with the X1.
I have driven Xray for 10 years now, and the quality was always outstanding.
I have just build my X1, and as always very good quality.
Durability is very good, from what i have seen so far.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rob.
Hey Rob, Metro hobbies in Melbourne still have them in stock.

http://metrohobbies.com.au/radio-con...opby/xray.html
Old 02-23-2015, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Got the joke. Muhahahaha....
Old 02-26-2015, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shaun B22
Ken. Here is the link http://imgur.com/zGJTqNX

I made a mount out of aluminum at work
Do you have the dimensions for that plate?

I was going to try and get something made out of CF so I can run whaterver body and wing I'd like.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone have tire recommendations for CRC fastrack carpet? I know the ETS guys use the ride tires,but I keep seeing as far as other cars go on CRC carpet, Pit Shimizu seem popular.I just can't seem to figure out the tire combos and I am new to F1. Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racenut123
Anyone have tire recommendations for CRC fastrack carpet? I know the ETS guys use the ride tires,but I keep seeing as far as other cars go on CRC carpet, Pit Shimizu seem popular.I just can't seem to figure out the tire combos and I am new to F1. Any help is appreciated.
I keep hearing 571 & 572 for Pits.

The issue with the F1's is steering, so you want low rear downforce and harder rear tyres, softer at the front.
Then steer it through the corners using the brakes to transfer the weight forward.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Originally Posted by racenut123
I keep hearing 571 & 572 for Pits.

The issue with the F1's is steering, so you want low rear downforce and harder rear tyres, softer at the front.
Then steer it through the corners using the brakes to transfer the weight forward.
+1
The Pit Shimizu 571 and 572 combo has been the best set for carpet surfaces. If you find the rear of your F1 getting too loose, you could try Pit 575's for rear tires.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Finished up the X1 and I'm mounting my tires, but the rims rub on the inside when I tighten the wheel. I'm using tuning haus rims. Any suggestions?
Old 02-26-2015, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfiend
Finished up the X1 and I'm mounting my tires, but the rims rub on the inside when I tighten the wheel. I'm using tuning haus rims. Any suggestions?
space the wheels out, which will widen the front, or grind away the area that rubs the arms. Id grind the area out so you are able to run it with or without spacers.
i have a set of TH wheels that do the same thing. i rotated the wheels to leave a witness mark, and then ground it to clear. the ribs are still plenty strong.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goneracin
space the wheels out, which will widen the front, or grind away the area that rubs the arms. Id grind the area out so you are able to run it with or without spacers.
i have a set of TH wheels that do the same thing. i rotated the wheels to leave a witness mark, and then ground it to clear. the ribs are still plenty strong.
I was thinking the same thing. Just wanted to make sure. Appreciate the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.