Like Tree43Likes

Old 03-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #1396
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_CZ View Post
Could you be more specific?
The big one for me was caster. Less caster angle, he is right that it is more reactive, but more susceptible to traction rolling. You get more initial turn-in but it will run wider on corner exit.

More caster angle, less initial steering, less likely to traction roll. Slower initial turn-in but will tighten up better on exit of the turn.

More camber angle also doesn't necessarily mean more steering. Ackerman, both positions and he claims improves cornering speed? Ok, which is which? Toe-in should never be used as well.

Chassis options. 2.0mm graphite, increases in-corner steering? Not true, but yes, more traction. 2.0mm aluminum is copied straight off of X-ray marketing with no explanation. It doesn't really increase traction. It is used primarily for high traction conditions, makes the car more consistent and predictable, less likely to traction roll, and removes some steering bite if you left other settings as-is. I've had experience with both chassis'.

Rear pod droop, more pod droop does not make the car turn in harder. Does the opposite actually.

Anyways, I could go on. I'm not an expert but I've been driving F1 cars long enough to know what does what. Some areas he is right, but some areas it is wrong.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:37 PM   #1397
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm looking for a 2016 if anyone has a used one for sale, PM me. Thanks...
Old 03-12-2016, 03:08 AM   #1398
Tech Regular

Pleased to announce a Fenix chassis for X1

Old 03-12-2016, 06:40 AM   #1399
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Steering: not unless you have a very bumpy track

dual rear dampers: imo yes, more rear grip , more consistent, last longer between needing re-lube

A sinlge rear damper tube replacing the shock is also good , but not as good imo

That said, before he posts: I have been beat by a car with a single damper tube well 'outqualified' I should say hehe
Thank you
YouTube: looking for turtles entertainment
B6D, X-1 2016, T4 2014 VTA, SCX-10 II
SMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:16 PM   #1400
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The big one for me was caster. Less caster angle, he is right that it is more reactive, but more susceptible to traction rolling. You get more initial turn-in but it will run wider on corner exit.

More caster angle, less initial steering, less likely to traction roll. Slower initial turn-in but will tighten up better on exit of the turn.

More camber angle also doesn't necessarily mean more steering. Ackerman, both positions and he claims improves cornering speed? Ok, which is which? Toe-in should never be used as well.

Chassis options. 2.0mm graphite, increases in-corner steering? Not true, but yes, more traction. 2.0mm aluminum is copied straight off of X-ray marketing with no explanation. It doesn't really increase traction. It is used primarily for high traction conditions, makes the car more consistent and predictable, less likely to traction roll, and removes some steering bite if you left other settings as-is. I've had experience with both chassis'.

Rear pod droop, more pod droop does not make the car turn in harder. Does the opposite actually.

Anyways, I could go on. I'm not an expert but I've been driving F1 cars long enough to know what does what. Some areas he is right, but some areas it is wrong.
Don't short change yourself, you've been racing F1 cars for a long time, and probably have a good knowledge of what does what from personal experience, & experimentation.

One of the first things I changed with my X1 was the caster setting from the kit setup of 9 degree's to 6 degree's which settled the car on corner exit.
Another important option is the front suspension brace, I felt that this gave the car consistency both going in, & out of higher speed corners regardless of traction levels.

So yeh, the more people that share their experiences & even opinions, the people with lesser experience can have a starting point with their car, and understand what changing the settings does to their car on the track.

Cheers.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #1401
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Don't get me wrong, I'm still learning too. Its just that "setup guide" isn't 100% true and I wanted to make sure people realize this. As always, experimentation and testing is always key.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:48 AM   #1402
Tech Adept

If there are issues with that setup guide, would someone capable please revise it, rather than uselessly debate its validity?

At least someone put forth the effort to help those of us who have less time to experiment. I appreciate that, very much.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #1403
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would say to use that guide. I agree with the vast majority of it.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:01 AM   #1404
Tech Rookie

Quote:

We have checked the X1 set-up instructions and all information is correct for general purposes. Of course in some very specific track conditions some of the details may slightly vary but overall the information is correct.
XraySupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:23 AM   #1405
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Acid_CZ

Quote:

Thank you
Old 03-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #1406
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wing mount plate. 2mm Carbon fiber, with 2 m4 X 20mm. I have about 20 of these. $10 plus shipping each
Cuz Big and Important Titles and 2 lines of sponsors are way cool
Shaun B22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #1407
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Last edited by OVA; 03-21-2016 at 11:53 AM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:55 AM   #1408
Tech Regular

Well after not racing for 2 years I have an X1 16 on the way , wish me luck lol.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:41 PM   #1409
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Wtb 2016 x1 pm me if you are selling one please.
Tamiya TRF101
ckfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:08 PM   #1410
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone tried running very light weight with their X1?
Our weight limit is 1000g, but with my normal battery (4300 shorty) its closer to 1100 running weight.
I recently tested with an LRP 2900 LCG battery, and the car felt very nervous. Has anyone else tried this, and what did you find?
nova2015 is offline   Reply With Quote