Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree43Likes

Old 11-09-2015, 03:18 AM   #1216
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz777 View Post
Hi Phil. Cant see the video on network. Did it effect car in any way?
Made the car a little unstable through that part of the track, so I couldn't go as hard as I liked. Left/right transitions weren't as smooth as might be ideal. On power stability was very good, although the braking at the end of the long straight was a little nerve-wracking. I took out a little rear pod droop which helped with that one
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:24 AM   #1217
sbd
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_CZ View Post
is it TRG brittle one, or is it more durable?
The material is the same as the original X1 wing. However the upper plate is hold with 4 small screws, which does not give me too much confidence. Haven't race/crashed with it yet...
sbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:39 AM   #1218
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post
The one question I have is that towards the end of the meet (probably because I was driving a bit harder), I noticed the inside front right wheel lifting through a fast right handed sweeper. Setup is almost entirely kit, except I have the steering links forward. Any suggestions?
I've had that on my GT12 when the grip comes up, due to the high CoG on those cars.

A thicker oil in the rear side damper usually cures it, and also makes the car more stable on direction change. Gives a bit more on-power steering but if traction is good it should work well.
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:01 AM   #1219
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Question, I'm new to F1 and am having problems putting power down... It happens with both types of tires i'm running, pit shimizu and Ride..

Coming out of turns and hitting the throttle, I lose the rear... This happens even if apply it slowly... Why?

Anything helps... thank you...
junior1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #1220
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Can you tell us a little bit more info? Surface? If asphalt, is the surface prepped with anything? Tire sauce on tires? Tire Warmers, etc?
Old 11-09-2015, 09:26 AM   #1221
Tech Apprentice

asphalt, prep'd... usually has pretty high grip.. a couple others don't seem to have the same issue... i have my throttle curve to 40%, started at 14%.. LG2 tire sauce.. no warmers...

i also run on tennis courts, prep'd, high bite traction.. Stock center shock setup, w/10k on damper tubes..

i did notice it seems like my tires are out of balance and i'm not sure if guys are balancing tires or not (the ride pre-mounts wobbled out of the package).. the shaft isn't bent.. i'm pretty sure the side springs are the stock also..

thank you
Old 11-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #1222
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have had issues similar when my tire prep on the front was too much/ too long. Front traction overcomes the rear. Are you running the diff on the more loose or tight side? A rear tire could be the culprit. but I have a feeling its something overlooked.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #1223
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1178 View Post
asphalt, prep'd... usually has pretty high grip.. a couple others don't seem to have the same issue... i have my throttle curve to 40%, started at 14%.. LG2 tire sauce.. no warmers...

i also run on tennis courts, prep'd, high bite traction.. Stock center shock setup, w/10k on damper tubes..

i did notice it seems like my tires are out of balance and i'm not sure if guys are balancing tires or not (the ride pre-mounts wobbled out of the package).. the shaft isn't bent.. i'm pretty sure the side springs are the stock also..

thank you
Jose are you running soft rear tires?

Anyone know if the spur gear in the Xray F1 car is unique to Xray (like the Xray Spurs gears are for their TC cars) or will any spur gear work (e.g., Kimbrough)?
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #1224
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:

The one question I have is that towards the end of the meet (probably because I was driving a bit harder), I noticed the inside front right wheel lifting through a fast right handed sweeper. Setup is almost entirely kit, except I have the steering links forward. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure if it applies to asphalt as much, but the kit side springs are super progressive, and going to a linear side spring from a 1/12 reduced the tendency to lift tires. On carpet my car lifted tires in a lot of the corners. I think the chassis gets into the hard part of the progression and hinges up.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #1225
tc1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I'm not sure if it applies to asphalt as much, but the kit side springs are super progressive, and going to a linear side spring from a 1/12 reduced the tendency to lift tires. On carpet my car lifted tires in a lot of the corners. I think the chassis gets into the hard part of the progression and hinges up.
Same rate, just linear and not progressive? Thanks

Travis
tc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:37 PM   #1226
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Made the car a little unstable through that part of the track, so I couldn't go as hard as I liked. Left/right transitions weren't as smooth as might be ideal. On power stability was very good, although the braking at the end of the long straight was a little nerve-wracking. I took out a little rear pod droop which helped with that one
I think a lot of this was having to run the Pit rear tires, instead of the Rides. I hated the feeling of the car walking on the air gap.

Has anyone tried running a foam insert like a Ride in a Pit tire?

That Red car out in front looks weapon
Old 11-09-2015, 06:55 PM   #1227
Tech Master

I think Dan's wide conversion would have been a gun on F103 pit tyres.....

2017 ACT Rally champion :)
evochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #1228
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
I think a lot of this was having to run the Pit rear tires, instead of the Rides. I hated the feeling of the car walking on the air gap.
It seemed to get worse during the finals, but yes, it felt weird. I liked the feel of the car running the Rides when it was hotter on Saturday afternoon. All things considered, but it runs pretty well all round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
That Red car out in front looks weapon
I didn't get to see much of it, except when it passed me

Think I'd better stock up on larger pinions for ACT titles...
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #1229
Tech Rookie

Does the X1-body fit on a F104VII Pro chasis?
jeroendb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:40 AM   #1230
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Jose are you running soft rear tires?

Anyone know if the spur gear in the Xray F1 car is unique to Xray (like the Xray Spurs gears are for their TC cars) or will any spur gear work (e.g., Kimbrough)?

I'm running the pit shimizu 0571/2 (front/rear).

I tried the Ride 26023 rear pre-mounts for the main on sunday.. they seemed to work better and i know brame was running the Ride pre-mounts all around.
26022/26023 (front/rear).

There are other spurs that work. I forget which company i'm running now. Picked it up from RSD (reflexracing.net) Just talk to Cristian and he'll point you in the right direction.