R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree34Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #1111
PDR
Tech Master
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,826
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
Im looking for some printed rules for F1
HELP

Never Mind I found them
All the PDF's here: http://www.fia.com/regulations/regul...ampionship-110

The definition of "land vehicle" in the technical regulations is sheer prose.

__________________
Looking for chassis | Multiple Kids
2011 Slowest Winner - 21.5 Muchmore Masters & NSW State Titles Demo Class
https://www.facebook.com/phatdadracing/
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:54 AM   #1112
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spring Hill Tn
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post
All the PDF's here: http://www.fia.com/regulations/regul...ampionship-110

The definition of "land vehicle" in the technical regulations is sheer prose.

Was meaning in the realm of RC F1.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:49 AM   #1113
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 427
Default

I have had my X1 for a while now and I love it but I have struggled badly with the tweak issue others have posted about. I also thought the chassis was warped. All the X1's at my track that I have measured have the same tweak problem to different degrees. Each X1 at my track that I have measured is tweaked/twisted in the same direction which is really perplexing. I rebuilt the whole car last night and did a thorough investigation but I still can't say for sure what the problem is. The chassis was flat and not warped but it did however show a curve in the carbon fibre layup (cosmetic). Even after a complete rebuild, measuring all parts, thickness of spacers etc. the chassis still has a slight tweak (very noticeable when ride height is measured near the battery location on the chassis). I can twist the car to get even numbers but I know after one crash I’ll have a huge tweak again. The front camber will then be different as well. So it has to be the upper front suspension plate – when you twist it you can see the chassis rise and fall on each side. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
__________________
TC(17.5) - USGT - F1(21.5) - 12th(17.5) - USGT(FWD) - VTA
--MTC1----T4'17----X1'15-------X12'17-------FF17--------TA07
DavidNERODease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #1114
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,842
Default

Best rules by the people who basically created the rubber F1 class:


http://uf1rc.com/rules-and-regulations/
__________________
MOD: A800 R1 Digital-2 MM Fleta ZX 5.0T|||VTA: A700 Orca VX3 R1 25.5V16 |||F1:
Roche 2016 R1 Digital-2 R1 21.5V16|||Sanwa M12S|||iCharger 406Duo
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:25 AM   #1115
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 77
Default

I just ordered one of these. this will be my first f1 I was told I will get the new up dated kit. dose anyone know what the difference is?
todd rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #1116
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spring Hill Tn
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd rizzo View Post
I just ordered one of these. this will be my first f1 I was told I will get the new up dated kit. dose anyone know what the difference is?
Its all in the center shock. You should be fine. Just follow the addendum with your build instructions when you get to that section
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:06 PM   #1117
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
Its all in the center shock. You should be fine. Just follow the addendum with your build instructions when you get to that section
THANKS
todd rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:17 PM   #1118
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I have had my X1 for a while now and I love it but I have struggled badly with the tweak issue others have posted about. I also thought the chassis was warped. All the X1's at my track that I have measured have the same tweak problem to different degrees. Each X1 at my track that I have measured is tweaked/twisted in the same direction which is really perplexing. I rebuilt the whole car last night and did a thorough investigation but I still can't say for sure what the problem is. The chassis was flat and not warped but it did however show a curve in the carbon fibre layup (cosmetic). Even after a complete rebuild, measuring all parts, thickness of spacers etc. the chassis still has a slight tweak (very noticeable when ride height is measured near the battery location on the chassis). I can twist the car to get even numbers but I know after one crash Ill have a huge tweak again. The front camber will then be different as well. So it has to be the upper front suspension plate when you twist it you can see the chassis rise and fall on each side. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
http://www.redrc.net/2015/09/trg-x1-...s/#more-102063
__________________
Check out my YouTube channel for 1/12th scale and 1/10th Touring maintenance tips!
YouTube Search https://www.youtube.com/c/EdwardPickering?gvnc=1
                 VBC 12M - D08 - FX
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #1119
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 427
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
I'll take that as a no. Even with the tweak issue, the X1 front end blows away everything on the market. I'm trying a small change tonight and crossing my fingers.
__________________
TC(17.5) - USGT - F1(21.5) - 12th(17.5) - USGT(FWD) - VTA
--MTC1----T4'17----X1'15-------X12'17-------FF17--------TA07
DavidNERODease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #1120
sbd
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I'll take that as a no. Even with the tweak issue, the X1 front end blows away everything on the market. I'm trying a small change tonight and crossing my fingers.
I have found out the tweak is very dependable on how much the screws on the front are tightened and also the sequence of tightening.
What I do (any time I am hit or have a collision) is untightening the lower and upper screws holding the front upper plate and then moderately retighten first the 2 lower back screws then the 2 upper back, then the front lower one and the upper front last. It is good to go up to the next moderate hit.
sbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:53 PM   #1121
Tech Regular
 
xevias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Shanghai, PRC
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You really have to look out for the tweek when running the front brace. It may help in high traction, but all it seems to do for me is add to the tweek.
xevias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:21 AM   #1122
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,339
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

The tweak is there running with or without the front brace. Being careful with tightening the posts minimizes the ride height differences from left or right but have found that it doesn't completely eliminate it. Most of the X1 I have checked out have the tweak issue.

However, the cars run fine regardless. It is also one of the best handling F1 cars I've ever driven.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:00 AM   #1123
Tech Master
 
xrayracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Under your bed.
Posts: 1,179
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The tweak is there running with or without the front brace. Being careful with tightening the posts minimizes the ride height differences from left or right but have found that it doesn't completely eliminate it. Most of the X1 I have checked out have the tweak issue.

However, the cars run fine regardless. It is also one of the best handling F1 cars I've ever driven.
I must be one of the few guys with the first run of X1's that doesn't have this tweak issue.
__________________
Gavin.

Converting nitro to electric is utter blasphemy.
xrayracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:15 AM   #1124
Tech Elite
 
kuruption's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 2,119
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption
Default

With the touring cars, we would get rid of tweak by tightening all the bottom screws, and then placing the chassis flat on top a setup board (no tires, chassis on the flat board itself) while tightening the top deck screws. This may work for the front end of the X1 too. And probably do the same for the cross-brace.
__________________
Ray Sundland
Eat. Sleep. Race. Repeat.
"Feel not as though it is a sphere we live on, rather an infinite plane which has the illusion of leading yourself back to a point of origin."
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:21 AM   #1125
Tech Elite
 
kuruption's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 2,119
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption
Default

My question is... has anyone noticed a significant amount of slop in the steering arm? I think it's the bearings, but wondering if anyone has seen this as well and what you did? Typically I'd just put a piece of plastic in the gap to tighten it up.
__________________
Ray Sundland
Eat. Sleep. Race. Repeat.
"Feel not as though it is a sphere we live on, rather an infinite plane which has the illusion of leading yourself back to a point of origin."
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:08 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net