Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
Im looking for some printed rules for F1
HELP

Never Mind I found them
All the PDF's here: http://www.fia.com/regulations/regul...ampionship-110

The definition of "land vehicle" in the technical regulations is sheer prose.

Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:54 AM   #1112
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post
All the PDF's here: http://www.fia.com/regulations/regul...ampionship-110

The definition of "land vehicle" in the technical regulations is sheer prose.

Was meaning in the realm of RC F1.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:49 AM   #1113
Tech Regular

I have had my X1 for a while now and I love it but I have struggled badly with the tweak issue others have posted about. I also thought the chassis was warped. All the X1's at my track that I have measured have the same tweak problem to different degrees. Each X1 at my track that I have measured is tweaked/twisted in the same direction which is really perplexing. I rebuilt the whole car last night and did a thorough investigation but I still can't say for sure what the problem is. The chassis was flat and not warped but it did however show a curve in the carbon fibre layup (cosmetic). Even after a complete rebuild, measuring all parts, thickness of spacers etc. the chassis still has a slight tweak (very noticeable when ride height is measured near the battery location on the chassis). I can twist the car to get even numbers but I know after one crash I’ll have a huge tweak again. The front camber will then be different as well. So it has to be the upper front suspension plate – when you twist it you can see the chassis rise and fall on each side. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
Old 10-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #1114
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Best rules by the people who basically created the rubber F1 class:

http://uf1rc.com/rules-and-regulations/
Old 10-01-2015, 11:25 AM   #1115
Tech Apprentice

I just ordered one of these. this will be my first f1 I was told I will get the new up dated kit. dose anyone know what the difference is?
todd rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #1116
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd rizzo View Post
I just ordered one of these. this will be my first f1 I was told I will get the new up dated kit. dose anyone know what the difference is?
Its all in the center shock. You should be fine. Just follow the addendum with your build instructions when you get to that section
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:06 PM   #1117
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird View Post
Its all in the center shock. You should be fine. Just follow the addendum with your build instructions when you get to that section
THANKS
todd rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:17 PM   #1118
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I have had my X1 for a while now and I love it but I have struggled badly with the tweak issue others have posted about. I also thought the chassis was warped. All the X1's at my track that I have measured have the same tweak problem to different degrees. Each X1 at my track that I have measured is tweaked/twisted in the same direction which is really perplexing. I rebuilt the whole car last night and did a thorough investigation but I still can't say for sure what the problem is. The chassis was flat and not warped but it did however show a curve in the carbon fibre layup (cosmetic). Even after a complete rebuild, measuring all parts, thickness of spacers etc. the chassis still has a slight tweak (very noticeable when ride height is measured near the battery location on the chassis). I can twist the car to get even numbers but I know after one crash Ill have a huge tweak again. The front camber will then be different as well. So it has to be the upper front suspension plate when you twist it you can see the chassis rise and fall on each side. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
http://www.redrc.net/2015/09/trg-x1-...s/#more-102063
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #1119
Tech Regular

Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
I'll take that as a no. Even with the tweak issue, the X1 front end blows away everything on the market. I'm trying a small change tonight and crossing my fingers.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #1120
sbd
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I'll take that as a no. Even with the tweak issue, the X1 front end blows away everything on the market. I'm trying a small change tonight and crossing my fingers.
I have found out the tweak is very dependable on how much the screws on the front are tightened and also the sequence of tightening.
What I do (any time I am hit or have a collision) is untightening the lower and upper screws holding the front upper plate and then moderately retighten first the 2 lower back screws then the 2 upper back, then the front lower one and the upper front last. It is good to go up to the next moderate hit.
sbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:53 PM   #1121
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You really have to look out for the tweek when running the front brace. It may help in high traction, but all it seems to do for me is add to the tweek.
xevias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:21 AM   #1122
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

The tweak is there running with or without the front brace. Being careful with tightening the posts minimizes the ride height differences from left or right but have found that it doesn't completely eliminate it. Most of the X1 I have checked out have the tweak issue.

However, the cars run fine regardless. It is also one of the best handling F1 cars I've ever driven.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:00 AM   #1123
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The tweak is there running with or without the front brace. Being careful with tightening the posts minimizes the ride height differences from left or right but have found that it doesn't completely eliminate it. Most of the X1 I have checked out have the tweak issue.

However, the cars run fine regardless. It is also one of the best handling F1 cars I've ever driven.
I must be one of the few guys with the first run of X1's that doesn't have this tweak issue.

Converting nitro to electric is utter blasphemy.
xrayracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:15 AM   #1124
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption

With the touring cars, we would get rid of tweak by tightening all the bottom screws, and then placing the chassis flat on top a setup board (no tires, chassis on the flat board itself) while tightening the top deck screws. This may work for the front end of the X1 too. And probably do the same for the cross-brace.
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:21 AM   #1125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption

My question is... has anyone noticed a significant amount of slop in the steering arm? I think it's the bearings, but wondering if anyone has seen this as well and what you did? Typically I'd just put a piece of plastic in the gap to tighten it up.
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote