R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree34Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2015, 08:06 PM   #1021
Tech Elite
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by team_tamale View Post
How many of you would be interested in a Team Tamale aluminum chassis and lower pod plate for the X1? Just trying to gauge the interest to decide if this would be worth pursuing.
Hey Larry, I am definitely interested. I will see you at DMS next Saturday.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BananaRaceway/
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:38 AM   #1022
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda View Post
Hi Jay,

The bladder I received was so large it did not fit inside the shock and the shock was unbuildable. I am not sure what issue you are talking about before but the bladder I received was completely wrong for the shock body. I would expect that the bladder provided would actually fit in the shock body as standard issue. This was my problem. Xray authorised the replacement. It was just never shipped. So regardless of what the issue was the slackness of HEI meant that I never received what even Xray themselves thought I should.

Which was my entire point. No problem with Xray. My problem is with HEI who are the distributor in Aus.
HEI is doing a great job in service and customer support, unfortunately this issue got missed. However once the request has been re-send, HEI promptly responded and is sending you the replacements. We apologize once again.
XraySupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:38 AM   #1023
Tech Master
 
INFERN0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Langley, B.C. Canada
Posts: 1,912
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I am looking for a gently used X1 if anyone is selling.
__________________
Proudly driving for Kyosho America, Team Maclan and RC Pitstop
INFERN0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:50 AM   #1024
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda View Post
Hi Jay,

The bladder I received was so large it did not fit inside the shock and the shock was unbuildable. I am not sure what issue you are talking about before but the bladder I received was completely wrong for the shock body. I would expect that the bladder provided would actually fit in the shock body as standard issue. This was my problem. Xray authorised the replacement. It was just never shipped. So regardless of what the issue was the slackness of HEI meant that I never received what even Xray themselves thought I should.

Which was my entire point. No problem with Xray. My problem is with HEI who are the distributor in Aus.
Gotcha. Glad it got replaced. The early kits had a different bladder than the later kits, wanted to be sure you knew about this, same kit possible to get two different bladders
__________________
MOD: A800 R1 Digital-2 MM Fleta ZX 5.0T|||VTA: A700 Orca VX3 R1 25.5V16 |||F1:
Roche 2016 R1 Digital-2 R1 21.5V16|||Sanwa M12S|||iCharger 406Duo
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #1025
Tech Master
 
eR1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

raced my X1 for the first time this past weekend. This was my first F1 race (have raced other classes for several years). But first time w/ an F1 and certainly a first w/ the X1. We only ran 1 main, had about 8 entrants ...I actually ended 5th out of 8ish ...for my first attempt at F1 I felt that was a good result. Was very pleased w/ my car, I don't have other F1's to compare it to, but it felt good. Errors were all on my part and lack of experience finessing the X1. But love my new wheels!

One complaint/wish I didn't do:
I purchased an Exotek heat sink for the motor ...waste of $20. Everytime you slightly nudge a wall the heat sink dislodges and rubs against the rear axle making a horrible sound. I yanked it off during warm-ups and never looked back. Anyone want to buy my Exotek heatsink? It's really nice? --JK.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #1026
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 313
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=eR1c;14093365]raced my X1 for the first time this past weekend. This was my first F1 race (have raced other classes for several years). But first time w/ an F1 and certainly a first w/ the X1. We only ran 1 main, had about 8 entrants ...I actually ended 5th out of 8ish ...for my first attempt at F1 I felt that was a good result. Was very pleased w/ my car, I don't have other F1's to compare it to, but it felt good. Errors were all on my part and lack of experience finessing the X1. But love my new wheels!

Did you race on carpet or asphalt?
__________________
Awesomatix-Vbc-Hudy-Orca-motiv-Tsr-
pat5b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #1027
Tech Master
 
eR1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

asphalt, ...newly sealed, fairly high traction, warm day outside ...track was about 90degrees. The car stuck to the track nicely, ...mostly I gave it too much throttle and the rear would want to kick out ...i was able to control it and managed a decent place. Yet I literally came from racing my TC only a few minutes earlier ...where I could just throttle and point and it went... F1 takes softer/easier/smoother controlling.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #1028
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 313
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Nice! You are so lucky to have permanent outside/asphalt track,

you run shimizu or ride tires?

mine is not already finish, and it will be a carpet setup!
__________________
Awesomatix-Vbc-Hudy-Orca-motiv-Tsr-
pat5b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:45 PM   #1029
Tech Master
 
eR1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

shimizu tires, ...like I said, this is my first F1 car so I don't have experience w/ any other tires. The Shimizu tires were nice and sticky, really kept my car planted on the track. They are on par w/ a great set of TC tires.
I run the 771 and 772's (I think that is the correct part number ...but at work so can't look it up right now).
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:57 PM   #1030
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: new york
Posts: 590
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
asphalt, ...newly sealed, fairly high traction, warm day outside ...track was about 90degrees. The car stuck to the track nicely, ...mostly I gave it too much throttle and the rear would want to kick out ...i was able to control it and managed a decent place. Yet I literally came from racing my TC only a few minutes earlier ...where I could just throttle and point and it went... F1 takes softer/easier/smoother controlling.
Compared to touring car how do they drive?
illmatic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #1031
Tech Master
 
eR1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Compared to touring car how do they drive?
uh, not sure I follow exactly.
I am no expert, i've only started racing my X1.

Speaking of the Shimizu tires I used:
They compare to a nice set of TC tires in that they stick to the road really well and keep the X1 planted on the track, no sliding or drifting.

Speaking of the X1 and how it compares to driving a Touring Car:
Totally different driving experience. That is the nature of F1's from what I've learned. Typical TC's are 4wd, F1's are RWD. The rear of the X1 (and probably most F1's) wants to kick out if you get on the throttle too hard. Also you really have to slow down to take tight turns otherwise it will really push and you'll not make the turn. TC's can take tight turns much easier.

Again, I preface w/ this as saying I have experience racing other types of cars, but not much when it comes to the X1. I am very low/early on the X1 learning curve.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #1032
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 313
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

do you run with drag brake or A. B.S ?

Both?
__________________
Awesomatix-Vbc-Hudy-Orca-motiv-Tsr-
pat5b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:38 PM   #1033
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
One complaint/wish I didn't do:
I purchased an Exotek heat sink for the motor ...waste of $20. Everytime you slightly nudge a wall the heat sink dislodges and rubs against the rear axle making a horrible sound. I yanked it off during warm-ups and never looked back. Anyone want to buy my Exotek heatsink? It's really nice? --JK.
I use this heat sink.
I put a dot of shoe-goo on the rear most tab before popping it onto the motor and it has never moved the whole season.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #1034
Tech Master
 
INFERN0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Langley, B.C. Canada
Posts: 1,912
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Doesn't the shoe goo act as an insulator though? I would think you'll still get heat dissipation but the shoe goo won't be as effective as something designed to conduct heat no?
__________________
Proudly driving for Kyosho America, Team Maclan and RC Pitstop
INFERN0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #1035
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERN0 View Post
Doesn't the shoe goo act as an insulator though? I would think you'll still get heat dissipation but the shoe goo won't be as effective as something designed to conduct heat no?
Of course it does, that is why I said "just a dot", only on the back edge. You only need a tiny bit to keep the heat sink from shifting. You don't need much at all to do the trick.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net