R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRCProshop View Post
We have both Nardo and MC10 back instock
Yes! Order submitted. Some more MC10s are now on their way to me.
Colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #62
Tech Addict

How do each of these bodies compare to the mazda speed 6? We have to mount ours about 10mm forward of the front bumper for enough steering is it inconsistent like the ltc?
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc car guy View Post
How do each of these bodies compare to the mazda speed 6? We have to mount ours about 10mm forward of the front bumper for enough steering is it inconsistent like the ltc?
There's a reason why the Mazdaspeed6 is the baseline body. It works well for the vast majority of people and most setups are based around it. If it doesn't work for you, then it's a matter of asking what you wished it did more or what you wished it did less. Quite simply, the Mazdaspeed6 doesn't float my boat. I like the aggressiveness of the LTC-R, but there are times when track conditions or my physical condition result in me making a lot of mistakes with that body. I wanted options that would allow me to turn it down a notch or two. If the LTC-R is an 8 on the aggressiveness scale, then the Nardo is a 7, and the MC10 is a 5. Plus, I'm a sucker for style and I like the Italian flair of BittyDesigns.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #64
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbynobo View Post
There's a reason why the Mazdaspeed6 is the baseline body. It works well for the vast majority of people and most setups are based around it. If it doesn't work for you, then it's a matter of asking what you wished it did more or what you wished it did less. Quite simply, the Mazdaspeed6 doesn't float my boat. I like the aggressiveness of the LTC-R, but there are times when track conditions or my physical condition result in me making a lot of mistakes with that body. I wanted options that would allow me to turn it down a notch or two. If the LTC-R is an 8 on the aggressiveness scale, then the Nardo is a 7, and the MC10 is a 5. Plus, I'm a sucker for style and I like the Italian flair of BittyDesigns.
ok so would you say the mazda speed 6 is a 5 as well then? and are these bodies mounted flush against the bumper?
Old 02-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #65
Tech Regular

I'd say that, coincidentally, the Mazdaspeed 6 is a "6." However, I often feel like a zero when I'm driving it. My Nardo is flush with the bumper whereas the MC10 is a few millimeters in front. It was originally my intention to also make it flush, but I rushed through the mounting process and mistakenly mounted it a little further than I intended. Even though it may make it even more neutral (does that even make sense?), I'll mount the next one a millimeter or two closer to the bumper. I want to get to a point where I will try to dial in additional aggressiveness via my chassis setup. Though, I have a nagging feeling that I would probably be better off trying to figure out how to get things dialed around the Nardo since it's been proven in races.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #66
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Truthfully for me...I like to mount every body that I run lined up on the centerline of the front wheel mold line. If I play with anything, it's usually the position of the wing, and/or different types of wings.

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:10 AM   #67
Tech Adept

We suggest to read again at page 2 the features of Narḍ and at page 3 the ones of MC10, these info will help you guys understand better how the bodies works and what are ideal conditions to use them.

MC10 is more neutral body, if you want more enter steering you can place it 2mm forward, we still have not tested 4mm because at this point is better pass to Narḍ that is more aggressive on the front. You can start with neutral position with the Narḍ and play then with different placement, the tyres area has been designed to move the body backward or forward without alterate the look of the bodyshell.

We are also developing 2 hard wings (1mm thick) with different downforce, we are still testing them and waiting the feeds of our drivers. The general rule about the correct placement of the wing on the body is: the more backward possibile (10mm max. over the rear end of the body); this will maximize his efficiency.

Follow us! >>> www.facebook.com/Bittydesign
Share our photos! >>> www.instagram.com/Bittydesign
Watch us! >>> www.youtube.com/Bittydesign
Bittydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittydesign View Post
We suggest to read again at page 2 the features of Narḍ and at page 3 the ones of MC10, these info will help you guys understand better how the bodies works and what are ideal conditions to use them.

MC10 is more neutral body, if you want more enter steering you can place it 2mm forward, we still have not tested 4mm because at this point is better pass to Narḍ that is more aggressive on the front. You can start with neutral position with the Narḍ and play then with different placement, the tyres area has been designed to move the body backward or forward without alterate the look of the bodyshell.

We are also developing 2 hard wings (1mm thick) with different downforce, we are still testing them and waiting the feeds of our drivers. The general rule about the correct placement of the wing on the body is: the more backward possibile (10mm max. over the rear end of the body); this will maximize his efficiency.
Well if the mazda speed 6 or gx dont work ill look into the nardo body looks promisiing
Old 02-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #69
Tech Master

Just wanted to drop a note on here about the handling of the Nardo - This past week, I used the Nardo at the Snowbirds and finished up 4th in Mod TC in my first event out with Awesomatix.

To anyone out there that used to race foam tire TC and is looking at trying this body - think Parma Alpha! It has the steering, rear traction and just smooth but aggressive feel that made that body one of the best back in the day. One of the biggest things that had me sold on it at the Birds was how solid yet responsive it was through chicanes, where the nose would steer and change directions well but without being too much to where the car would dig or "park" on the nose.

I mounted mine centered up in the wheel front well and used their 1.0mm rear wing with only a 3mm overhang due to the tight nature of the Birds track. IMO, this is for sure one of the best driving rubber tire TC bodies I've ever tried.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #70
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
Just wanted to drop a note on here about the handling of the Nardo - This past week, I used the Nardo at the Snowbirds and finished up 4th in Mod TC in my first event out with Awesomatix.

To anyone out there that used to race foam tire TC and is looking at trying this body - think Parma Alpha! It has the steering, rear traction and just smooth but aggressive feel that made that body one of the best back in the day. One of the biggest things that had me sold on it at the Birds was how solid yet responsive it was through chicanes, where the nose would steer and change directions well but without being too much to where the car would dig or "park" on the nose.

I mounted mine centered up in the wheel front well and used their 1.0mm rear wing with only a 3mm overhang due to the tight nature of the Birds track. IMO, this is for sure one of the best driving rubber tire TC bodies I've ever tried.
It's just as good on asphalt too Josh. Much as you described on carpet expect the same feel on the road.
HawaiiBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #71
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:

Thanks for the report Josh and congrats on the finish and the Awesomatix addition.
The Alpha and the Mohawk were my 2 favorite bodies...ever. So I'm excited to see how this feels. I'm gonna be using the SWEEP #s00012 wing mounted in the forward-most holes though. Can't wait.

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #72
Tech Regular

It's great to hear that Josh C., with the wisdom of many years of throwing down, was really able to verbalize what it is that a lot of us like about the Nardo. I look forward to seeing it atop Josh's car as he stands atop future podiums.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 AM   #73
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
and used their 1.0mm rear wing with only a 3mm overhang due to the tight nature of the Birds track.
Was that wing called the "Charge" or "Ultra Charge"?

I've got both and they look bad ass.
xevias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #74
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What is the status on these bodies? I been waiting to paint one up but they still aren't released yet, anybody know when they will be available? Thanks.

Capricorn: LAB-C802, LAB E801, LAB-C03, and TE03. SWORKz: S350BK1 EVO II, S104EVO, S12-1M. CRC 235mm Pro-10, Top Rebel 12
gsxr0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #75
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr0311 View Post
What is the status on these bodies? I been waiting to paint one up but they still aren't released yet, anybody know when they will be available? Thanks.
We have had them in stock for a month now, www.apexrcproshop.com
HawaiiBob is online now   Reply With Quote