MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS - 5280 Raceway - Denver, CO - April 11-13 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS - 5280 Raceway - Denver, CO - April 11-13 2014

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just a question for us Texas guys coming up for the Thursday race. What rubber tire is your usual tire for racing? Are the gravity tires comparable?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mclarein
Just a question for us Texas guys coming up for the Thursday race. What rubber tire is your usual tire for racing? Are the gravity tires comparable?
We've been using Sweep QTS True Blue as our spec tire lately. The issue with these is depending on when you purchased them some are softer than others. The on average comparison between soft versus hard in lap times is about 2 tenths, softer being faster.

The Gravity tires are about a tenth off the soft Sweeps but about the same as Jaco's. Many of us have bought Gravity tires this past week so i'm guessing we'll try to run these as our spec tire for Thur night racing. But who knows i'm not the one that will make this decision.

If you have Jaco's or Gravity bring them both for club racing to be on the safe side.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

What if we don't have either. We use the Sweep 28 at our track. I don't think id be able to get anything other then the 28's before I come. I'm coming in on Tuesday with my wife and little one to spend a couple days before the race. Any chance they would be selling the gravity for Thursday?
Old 03-31-2014, 11:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

We'll discuss that this week and get word out. In the past we started selling practice tires Thursday morning when we opened since it's a full practice day, and then people typically run them for the club race that night. I don't see why it would be different this year, but don't hold me to anything until we've had a chance to discuss it. With 100+ sedan entries this year, things are a little different than what we've done in the past.

If you're coming in Tuesday and want to get some track time that night, you can run any rubber tire you want. Jacos will be most similar to Gravity. We might have a few sets of Sweep blues still for sale.

I'm not sure what track access will be like Wednesday. Definitely closed to cars in the evening since we'll be putting the layout down and sorting out pit spaces, but open to come check the place out and listen to a lot of yelling as we try to get the layout just right.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I will be at DIA for 9:30 am on Friday morning and will have room to bring one more person back to the track. If you are flying in and want a lift, send me a PM.

- Chris
Old 04-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

With the additions of Evan Morey and Steve Grubb, we are over 180 entries.

keep them coming in, just 11 days left.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Lord

Okay all, some updated information:

The track will be closed to cars Tuesday so that we can take down the existing layout, clean the boards, vacuum, and all the other fun stuff that comes along with preparing for a big race. Anybody local or from out of town that wants to stop by and help is more than welcome to.

The track will be closed to cars on Wednesday while we put down the layout, label tires, stand up tables and chairs and more fun race prep stuff. If you want to stop by and help, that would be great.

The track will be open Thursday morning for practice. Definitely by 9AM, probably earlier. You can setup your pits and run as many packs as you desire. You will be able to buy your race tires and practice tires starting Thursday morning. If you plan to participate in the club race Thursday night, you need to be ready to go by 6PM. We ask that all racers use the Gravity spec tire in sedan classes during the club race. Depending on turnout, we may have to limit entries or number of classes per racer.

The track will be open Friday morning for practice. Definitely by 9AM, probably earlier. Practice all day. We'll likely do some kind of controlled practice as the track gets busy to try and give the mod and stock racers the opportunity to practice without pulling over all the time.

Some other items to remember:

• 5280 is cash only. Tires, sauce, motor spray, paper towels, etc. There is an ATM at the grocery store in our shopping center.

• It wouldn't hurt to bring a power strip. We'll do our best to get power close to you. If you've got room for an extension cord, toss it in your bag just in case.

• If you have a small FM radio and room in your bag, bring it. We'll be broadcasting track audio to the adjacent space where a majority of the pits are via FM radio. We will also have track audio and video playing over a PA in that space, though not too loud. Scoring is available to anybody with a mobile phone on m.liverc.com. Video will be sent in live to avoid the lag we experienced last year.

• MHIC and the Thursday club race will be broadcast on LiveRC.
    We're listed on the site as 5280 Raceway. We have one of the best looking video feeds in all of RC. It's going to be great.
    Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 PM
    Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
    Cool

Originally Posted by syndr0me
    We have one of the best looking video feeds in all of RC. It's going to be great.
    Yes it is
    Old 04-01-2014, 01:09 PM
    Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Awesome. I'll bring a few cords and powerstrips. What's security or safety however you want to describe it as far as leaving everything setup in the extra pit area. Is it ok to leave everything up overnight or does everyone take it after racing is done.
    Old 04-01-2014, 01:55 PM
    Tech Elite

you may leave everything up if you want. the building will be locked each night.
    Old 04-01-2014, 03:31 PM
    Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As I have never been to this event before, will there be enough pit space or will I be buying a folding shade and then donating it at the end of the race.
    Old 04-01-2014, 06:05 PM
    Tech Lord

There will be pit space and tables for you. Bring your stuff, a pit light in case the provided lighting isn't bright enough for you, maybe a power strip, xtsn cord and a little FM radio if you've got room for one.

The track is located in a strip mall, and has extremely limited pit space track side. We rent the space next door which is huge, and gives us room for lots of people.
    Old 04-01-2014, 10:33 PM
    Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
    There will be pit space and tables for you. Bring your stuff, a pit light in case the provided lighting isn't bright enough for you, maybe a power strip, xtsn cord and a little FM radio if you've got room for one.

The track is located in a strip mall, and has extremely limited pit space track side. We rent the space next door which is huge, and gives us room for lots of people.
    Thanks for clarifying, I had just seen the online pictures of the facility and thought a hundred or so pits in that space... I'm glad the facility next door is there. Wont have to worry about being able to squeeze back into my pit after Bob Stormer's lunch!
    Old 04-01-2014, 10:44 PM
    Tech Lord

No worries, with the adjacent space there's plenty of room for people. We setup video and audio (plus the FM broadcast) and you can get scoring on your phone. There's bathrooms and a truing station. We put forth a lot of effort to make it as nice as possible.
    Old 04-02-2014, 12:44 AM
    Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
    Thanks for clarifying, I had just seen the online pictures of the facility and thought a hundred or so pits in that space... I'm glad the facility next door is there. Wont have to worry about being able to squeeze back into my pit after Bob Stormer's lunch!

Plus, I'm trying to figure out some kind of treat! If I can't get all sugar'd up.... I ain't interested.... :P~~~

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.