R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2015, 10:31 PM   #376
Tech Regular
 
waltss2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I noticed yesterday getting some track time with my WTF1 that it seemed to Diff out and when I entered on to the straight and hit the Throttle it pulled to the left which was the outside wall. I checked the Diff and it was pretty tight like a pan car diff should be. I thought this car would run like my WGT, so what do I need to do.
waltss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:45 PM   #377
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,510
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Rubber tires have a limited amount of traction in pancars. If you are expecting it to be like WGT in the way it handles, even in the best setup f1,you will be disappointed.You may have a setup issue but these car have a limit in comparison to foam cars. I learned that running back to back 1/12 to f1 rubber. Had to adjust my driving style slightly.
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:00 AM   #378
Tech Regular
 
MarkBurgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltss2k View Post
I noticed yesterday getting some track time with my WTF1 that it seemed to Diff out and when I entered on to the straight and hit the Throttle it pulled to the left which was the outside wall. I checked the Diff and it was pretty tight like a pan car diff should be. I thought this car would run like my WGT, so what do I need to do.
I set the diff on my WTF1 the same way as my WGT. Which is just tight enough not to move the spur gear when I hold both rear tyres. And it's as smooth as butter

I'd check the rear pod droop. If for some reason you have too little or no droop it will do nasty things to the handling.

Also worth checking the car is not tweaked side to side. Check the length of both front king pins - I measure from the top of the brass ball to the e-clip. Make sure they are the same length side to side. Then the coin drop test on the front wheels, adjusting the side springs as needed.

Hope that helps?
Mark
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:48 PM   #379
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,232
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Today, I received the Tamiya TA06 Chassis Ballast Weight (P/N 54401) that I described in an earlier post. Although the ballast weight was described everywhere as being 50 gm, it was actually 55 gm (and marked as being that).

Took about 15 minutes to install it under the shorty battery, ESC and receiver in my WTF-1. Fit perfectly and is held in place by a single screw that also holds the rear battery stop in place (drilled one hole for screw). Took the car up to 1051 gm with an additional 12 gm on the top of the shorty pack. Perfectly balanced side to side too.

Here is a picture showing the plate without the battery being in place.

Now, if I could only drive this thing...LOL

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
New CRC F1 At IIC-20150302_210558.jpg  
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:05 PM   #380
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,510
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

I have a feeling this may be the solution for that wicked rear end Bill!
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:20 PM   #381
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,232
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
I have a feeling this may be the solution for that wicked rear end Bill!
Hi John,

As the rear tires wore, the wicked rear end thing went away. Just the new tires I suppose; plus, the right rear not being mounted very round...Who did that? Oops! Me.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:31 AM   #382
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
Default ETS Tires, shorter King Pins, Understeer

We have a CRC WTF1 Team here in central europe.
We had some problems with the king pins fitting into the Ride ETS Front wheels and had to shorten them about 3mm on the upper thread, tried 12th king pins, but they are too short. Is there anything between the kit's king pins and the 12th's scale king pins?

The Ride tires are so bad for the car, making it understeer and push on the front and spinning the diff out on the rear.

We just made a set of battery transversal parts for the car and it seems to eliminate those 2 problems nearly totally with good steering and helping to fix the rear end on the ground.

Any hints on the king pins?

Best regards
Jo
__________________
www.mix-rc.de
MIX RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:13 AM   #383
Tech Apprentice
 
aittam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX RC View Post
We just made a set of battery transversal parts for the car and it seems to eliminate those 2 problems nearly totally with good steering and helping to fix the rear end on the ground.
Can you share your mod to mount the battery transversal?
__________________
http://rcmanici.blogspot.com
aittam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:09 AM   #384
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
Default

I'll try to post a picture or two soon...

Jo
__________________
www.mix-rc.de
MIX RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:49 AM   #385
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
Default

first chassis and rear bottom plate, second fully equipped

Note, we use a second motor bulkhead on the left side of the pod...

Jo
Attached Thumbnails
New CRC F1 At IIC-img-20150303-wa0000.jpg   New CRC F1 At IIC-img-20150226-wa0000.jpg  
__________________
www.mix-rc.de
MIX RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:00 AM   #386
Tech Apprentice
 
aittam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX RC View Post
first chassis and rear bottom plate, second fully equipped

Note, we use a second motor bulkhead on the left side of the pod...

Jo
Amazing! It's a brand new chassis!
__________________
http://rcmanici.blogspot.com
aittam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:27 AM   #387
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX RC View Post
We have a CRC WTF1 Team here in central europe.
We had some problems with the king pins fitting into the Ride ETS Front wheels and had to shorten them about 3mm on the upper thread, tried 12th king pins, but they are too short. Is there anything between the kit's king pins and the 12th's scale king pins?

The Ride tires are so bad for the car, making it understeer and push on the front and spinning the diff out on the rear.

We just made a set of battery transversal parts for the car and it seems to eliminate those 2 problems nearly totally with good steering and helping to fix the rear end on the ground.

Any hints on the king pins?

Best regards
Jo
If you use the stock springs then the 1/12th king pins will be too short. But if you use the 1/12th springs you should be fine.
__________________
Apex RC
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #388
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 18
Default

Unfortunately not. The 12th king pin is still too short because of the big ball in the lower arm. We use the 12th springs on the shortened original king pin already...

Jo
__________________
www.mix-rc.de
MIX RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:34 PM   #389
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,232
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX RC View Post
Unfortunately not. The 12th king pin is still too short because of the big ball in the lower arm. We use the 12th springs on the shortened original king pin already...

Jo
Jo,

I truely believe that you have a valid need. Send an e-mail to [email protected] to let Frank Calandra know. A couple suggestions I submitted became production parts. And I think your need has merit to do the same. And an intermediate length king pin might become a good tuning option for the other CRC chassis too. Frank listens.

Don't forget to suggest a length.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #390
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX RC View Post
Unfortunately not. The 12th king pin is still too short because of the big ball in the lower arm. We use the 12th springs on the shortened original king pin already...

Jo
Oh that's right! I forgot the lower pivot ball is bigger on the WTF-1 than on the other cars...Sorry about that!
__________________
Apex RC
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Solara
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:10 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net