R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #271
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
Try enlarging the hole where the upper ball goes through the steering block. Since the upper ball on the F1 car is a little bit larger, it has less room to move around.
This makes sense. You almost have to thread the upper ball through the hole it's so tight a fit.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:33 AM   #272
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
After this Weekend race with the CRC for the first time , i've found the same issue as above on the car. It performs quite well out of the box (1st in qualify and 2nd at the end of the day) but i feel the car very touchy around the neutral point especialy on slow speed, and pushs badly at medium to high speed.
i've made the box setup with the shims back on the front upper arms.
Any idea to improve that ? i suspect that it was related to the vertical position of the servo ?
I found that running more negative castor helped but it's still not consistent.
lately I changed to the 0.50 front springs and it also seems to have helped with smoothing out the low speed response and had little effect on the higher speed corners. It's getting better but no where close to guys like Bill Jeric. That guy is on rails!
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:45 AM   #273
Tech Regular

My WTF-1 is now packed and ready for the Snowbirds

As well as my CRC shell, I've got a Protoform Thirteen prep'd in classic Lotus colours. It fits just fine and looks the business.

We fly next weekend, and can't wait to get racing with my US buddies. Just counting the days
Old 01-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #274
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What would be a good pinion to start with running 21.5 on a short course carpet have the car coming wanting to have everything when it arrives have to order online
72Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:29 PM   #275
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

What weight and type of shock oil is in the kit?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #276
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
I'm having an off power oversteer/loose problem with the 571/572 combo. I'm running the kit setup. Side springs are about 1/2 turn down past touching. 10K in the tubes. Or is it just tires not having enough run time on them? I'm underweight of the 1050g limit as the car is still getting competition ready. I typically would switch to 575 rears, but would like to get this setup working first.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #277
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
30wt Silicone oil
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #278
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I'm having an off power oversteer/loose problem with the 571/572 combo. I'm running the kit setup. Side springs are about 1/2 turn down past touching. 10K in the tubes. Or is it just tires not having enough run time on them? I'm underweight of the 1050g limit as the car is still getting competition ready. I typically would switch to 575 rears, but would like to get this setup working first.
You could do a couple of things. First you could back off the side spring pressure. Also make sure you enough rear droop. Adding droop (increasing the shock length) in the rear will add rear grip.

You could also take out some front droop (decrease front kingpin length). Perhaps the rear is not too loose, but the front is grabbing to much. Also, how are the track conditions? Is the grip level up? F1 cars on carpet are pretty sensitive to grip levels. Was it a new layout?

I have never used the 575 rears.

A trick I have used, is double doping the rears. If you put traction on your tires ten minutes before you run (or whatever it is), ten minutes prior to that, dope the rear tires only. Then at your normal time, do your normal tire treatment routine.

Brian
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
Old 01-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #279
Tech Champion

Quote:
You could do a couple of things. First you could back off the side spring pressure. Also make sure you enough rear droop. Adding droop (increasing the shock length) in the rear will add rear grip.

You could also take out some front droop (decrease front kingpin length). Perhaps the rear is not too loose, but the front is grabbing to much. Also, how are the track conditions? Is the grip level up? F1 cars on carpet are pretty sensitive to grip levels. Was it a new layout?

I have never used the 575 rears.

A trick I have used, is double doping the rears. If you put traction on your tires ten minutes before you run (or whatever it is), ten minutes prior to that, dope the rear tires only. Then at your normal time, do your normal tire treatment routine.

Brian
Front is about .5mm droop on kit springs.
Rear is 2mm droop.
Track is med/high bite.

It might be the green tires! I'll try the double doping routine and get a few good runs in. The car could come in on it's own once a decent break in is done on the rears.

Running the 575 rear is from when I was trying to get my FGX up to speed and the only rear tire that worked were the XX5s. Same insert type, slightly softer compound than the 572s. It will fix the slightly loose feel, but in my opinion is a band-aid fix.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #280
Tech Champion

Quote:
30wt Silicone oil
Is it AE brand?
Old 01-23-2015, 03:41 AM   #281
Tech Regular

Build video of the WTF1 i've done for www.rcf1.Fr
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:24 AM   #282
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Is it AE brand?
No, it's CRC brand. It is made for us, it is not an OEM product.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #283
Tech Champion

Quote:
No, it's CRC brand. It is made for us, it is not an OEM product.
Cool! Thanks again and good luck at the 'Birds!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Dumper, my son and I are going to be at birds (driving down from nashville) we have to Virgin wtfs ..... Robert told me to find you at the birds for some advise since one of us thunder guys know anything about f1....
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:08 AM   #285
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Dumper, my son and I are going to be at birds (driving down from nashville) we have to Virgin wtfs ..... Robert told me to find you at the birds for some advise since one of us thunder guys know anything about f1....
Come on over and see us! I will be in the CRC pits in the track room. However I do not get in until Monday night. If you need help sooner, Mario will be there sooner to get you rolling (well, rolling might the wrong word! But you know what I mean )