Wiki Posts
Search

Spin out problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Epic_Username
Tore car apart last night and checked everything. Bearings all good, Body not rubbing and the tires balloon a little bit. The ball diff is set pretty good. And if i start out slow maybe just to get it rolling and punch it, it goes straight then spins out after about 75 feet. I also checked the glue on all my tires and they are all solid and it tact.
@ 75ft mark, are you correcting the steering to keep the car driving in a straight line? even just a minor adjustment. If so, can you run the test again, in a wide open space, and not correct the steering.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Try turning your throttle end point down to say 75-80% and see how it does.

Not knowing exactly what you are doing (Street Bashing on a long straight street doing Speed Runs vs. RACING on a track?) The Street or a Parking lot type surface is going to be dirty, dusty, and/or have sand and gravel particles that may not be able to handle the rip of the power you are putting down - turning the Throttle down, and then bump it up 2-3 points at a time until you find the sweet spot. (If you are just running for fun)

Along the same lines - what body / wing combination are you using? If you are just street bashing or parking lot bashing - again, you may be simply going too fast for what's on your car, and may need more...a larger rear wing or something else to stablize it.

(Have someone take a video??)
Old 10-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Throwing my 2c in, I run the club racer check your front and rear cvs if your running the composite cvs or the the alum ones I've had a tweaked one cause this issue seems fine until it spools up to high rpm and then wobbles and vibrates causing that wheel to shake and hop. Also had a savox servo cause rx brownout resulting in throttle irregularities under hard acceleration.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Also had a tc3 do this it was a bent front hinge pin when the down force pushed the front down one side would not go down as fast as the other resulting in the same side rear unloading the diff. You can test this by increase the rear droop to prevent it from lifting the tore off the road. If this helps the problem then something in the front is binding up.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i dont know people dont get mad at me if this is stupid but have you tried weighting the front end with sticky weights ?
Old 10-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Im running a spektrum DX3S, i am also street bashing not racing. I am running a HPI subaru body with the molded 3D wing they include with the body. The parking lot that i am runing in is a little dirty i am going to take that into account. I will have to find a space that is big enough so I can run it out without having to correct the steering. As far as added weight up front i will give that a try. I have also noticed that sometimes it will bottem out in the rear when it does spin out. Is there any way to give it a little more ground clearance?

Last edited by Epic_Username; 10-11-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added more
Old 10-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Epic_Username
Im running a spektrum DX3S, i am also street bashing not racing. I am running a HPI subaru body with the molded 3D wing they include with the body. The parking lot that i am runing in is a little dirty i am going to take that into account. I will have to find a space that is big enough so I can run it out without having to correct the steering. As far as added weight up front i will give that a try. I have also noticed that sometimes it will bottem out in the rear when it does spin out. Is there any way to give it a little more ground clearance?
If it has droop screws in the arms back them out a little bit.

Remove the wing, and try a speed run again. I think it could be the wing is pushing down on the car to much, which would cause it to grind on the ground and at speed on an uneven surface that could cause spinning out.