Search

2014 ROAR Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason cheng
...and trust me i have a lot of stuff.
Rather than sit home, any possibility that you might have approved speedos buried in all that stuff?
Old 02-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

john i don't have any speedos in all that stuff talked to the guys here in mn most have the new hobby wings or new orrca speedos so i guess we can't come sorry until roar gets them on the list to run.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
You, on the other hand, have done a fantastic job since taking over as the Speedo testing department. The reports you sent were amazing to say the least and done is a super fast time frame as well.

EA
Sounds cool! I would love to geek out with one of those reports!

Howard, I would love to see one!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasons56
Sounds cool! I would love to geek out with one of those reports!

Howard, I would love to see one!
The reports are the property of the manufacturer and ROAR. If the manufacturer wishes to share them, that's their decision. But I have to treat them as confidential.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Brent,

I do not recall getting an email from you. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me. PM me for #

Thanks,
Tim

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
The sad thing is the ROAR representatives do not look at this thread or will they respond in this thread. Unless you email them directly or post in there own forum our complaints are going unnoticed.

I emailed the president and vice president earlier this week and have yet to get a reply.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Brent,

I do not recall getting an email from you. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me. PM me for #

Thanks,
Tim
Tim. Since you saw this thread and the issues, any chance you can gather your excom to vote on some of these speedos that have passed but not yet listed.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerz616
Tim. Since you saw this thread and the issues, any chance you can gather your excom to vote on some of these speedos that have passed but not yet listed.
Ryan,

Tim is a good friend and he has been the only one besides Jason (Battery inspector) and Howard (Speedo tester) that has responded to emails. Tim is working on getting everything squared away for not only ORCA but the other manufactures that may be waiting on final EXCOM approvals.

EA
Old 02-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ryan, just to set an expection. I am the VP, the Pres calls the shots and I will assist. Also, the proper place to ask questions is the ROAR forum. I am sure Eric will post when he is notified of approval.

Just a note, please be aware that just becuase the EXCOM or someone from ROAR does not post here, does not mean they are not aware of situations. The place to post items is the ROAR site though.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Ryan, just to set an expection. I am the VP, the Pres calls the shots and I will assist. Also, the proper place to ask questions is the ROAR forum. I am sure Eric will post when he is notified of approval.

Just a note, please be aware that just becuase the EXCOM or someone from ROAR does not post here, does not mean they are not aware of situations. The place to post items is the ROAR site though.
I know you and Howard have been helping on all this. It's just frustrating that I actually decided to join ROAR to go to my first big race and I have to buy another speedo. But that's part of the hobby and as much as we spend already what's another speedo. Thanks for actually chiming in on the subject.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by howardcano
The reports are the property of the manufacturer and ROAR. If the manufacturer wishes to share them, that's their decision. But I have to treat them as confidential.
Awwwww. I have a feeling we racers better stop asking questions before we end up with a rule book thicker than Nascar or F1! And then race organization membership will cost as much as those do.

I paid quite a bit for a Nascar crew license in the early 90's. Hate to think what it cost now? But is was a HELL of an eye opener to see the rulebooks...........

But look at the MONEY they have made since then....

BUT as a racer doing it for the sake of fun not money, it probably could be argued that those were the good old days...
Old 02-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know you and Howard have been helping on all this. It's just frustrating that I actually decided to join ROAR to go to my first big race and I have to buy another speedo. But that's part of the hobby and as much as we spend already what's another speedo. Thanks for actually chiming in on the subject.
since your a fan of hobby wing get a justock for $50 and race it. it's what I have in my 12th scale with a receiver pack and it's not holding me back.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
This hobby needs more people like Howard.
Originally Posted by howardcano
This is a true honor when it comes from the Inventor of Blinky.
Originally Posted by syndr0me

I'm glad the recognition is finally coming my way!
FINALLY, someone to blame for Blinky...... or for others to blame for me running mod, either way syndr0me your a marked man now
Old 02-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
since your a fan of hobby wing get a justock for $50 and race it. it's what I have in my 12th scale with a receiver pack and it's not holding me back.
Thanks Dirla, but Not really a big fan of the justock. Had a couple and just didn't get along well with them. I'll prob pull my vx1 out of my 1/12th and run that.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

soshi Olympics is in better shape than roar
Old 02-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason cheng
I have about 10 guys from the minnesota area that want to go but are all running the new hobby wing 1s 3.1 and its not legal they say so we will just sit home.
If Hobbywing has not sent it into ROAR to test and approve then it’s not a ROAR problem. Maybe you should start blasting Hobbywing or its importer about this. Check with them first before you come basting away at ROAR and blaming them for something thats not their problem.

It’s not a responsibility of ROAR to go out and buy every new ESC and test it on the market thats up to the manufacturer or distributer to submit it for approval. Like with the ORCA speedo EA knows it has been sent in for approval and approved just not updated on the list. Do you know if Hobbywing even sent that new ESC in to be tested yet????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.