Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
This is great info as well. Thanks for directing me to the app. I just downloaded it.
Although this tends to start heated debates, you can also try a gear diff up front. Gravity RC 2.5 million weight oil feels almost like a spool, but gives you slightly more steering. Something like Spec-R 1 million weight oil gives you a LOT more corner entry steering (what I run), but you do lose a bit corner exit since the car doesn't pull out as hard. Something to consider.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like the million cst in my front diff right now, I can usually turn a faster lap with the front diff in than without, not all the fluids are equal, I know I use nothing but Mugen silicon oils, the shock oils bleed out super fast, diff oils stay very consistent, seems nit picking, but the oils are not all equal.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Although this tends to start heated debates, you can also try a gear diff up front. Gravity RC 2.5 million weight oil feels almost like a spool, but gives you slightly more steering. Something like Spec-R 1 million weight oil gives you a LOT more corner entry steering (what I run), but you do lose a bit corner exit since the car doesn't pull out as hard. Something to consider.
I do have a diff sitting here with 2.5 million oil in it. It is for the mod car when I get it together but I will have to throw it in and give it a try!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I recently got the alloy top deck post and have lost the mounting instructions on what screws to take out , can someone confirm for me please
Thanks
Old 10-20-2014, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lethallee69
I recently got the alloy top deck post and have lost the mounting instructions on what screws to take out , can someone confirm for me please
Thanks
Remove the 4 screws that go through the top-deck into the layshaft mounts.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
Remove the 4 screws that go through the top-deck into the layshaft mounts.
Thanks
Old 10-29-2014, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Alu or carbon chassi

So a more general question.

I've been slowly grinding away my carbon chassi from my T4_14. And I have been looking into getting a replacement chassi.

There are carbon chassi and the aluminum chassi.

I run mainly asphalt so which one do I choose? (leave it at xray manufactured parts for now)

The alu chassi how big a risk is tweeking the chassi in a crash?
Old 10-29-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tudor_47
So a more general question.

I've been slowly grinding away my carbon chassi from my T4_14. And I have been looking into getting a replacement chassi.

There are carbon chassi and the aluminum chassi.

I run mainly asphalt so which one do I choose? (leave it at xray manufactured parts for now)

The alu chassi how big a risk is tweeking the chassi in a crash?
I think the alu chassis is better suited to high grip carpet.

I have run it on asphalt (not dead smooth) and it caused the car to be a bit inconsistent.
I would only run the carbon if only running on asphalt.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I think the alu chassis is better suited to high grip carpet.

I have run it on asphalt (not dead smooth) and it caused the car to be a bit inconsistent.
I would only run the carbon if only running on asphalt.
Might be a stupid questions but i've heard of aluminium being better on high grip carpet because it flexes more but why is this better? I was under the assumption that usually on high grip it is better to run harder suspension (lower flex)?
Old 10-29-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zhangesh
Might be a stupid questions but i've heard of aluminium being better on high grip carpet because it flexes more but why is this better? I was under the assumption that usually on high grip it is better to run harder suspension (lower flex)?
My experiences are that the Carbon Loads up on high bite and the unload is what causes the car to be very twitchy or inconsistent. With the Aluminum the flex is similar if not a little more but the load and unload of the chassis are smoother and the overall feeling of the car is smoother instilling more confidence to drive it harder and deeper into a corner. I have the Team Tamale Chassis and my lap times were .5 to .75 per lap quicker, no other adjustments on the car. All due to having the ability to drive the car harder in spots where I was unable to before.

I have not tried on asphalt, I use the carbon chassis when I go asphalt. I have a friend who ran at the Worlds with his 3.0 and he like to aluminum chassis better than the carbon. Next time out on Asphalt I will give it a go to see the difference.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zhangesh
Originally Posted by Mechintosh
My experiences are that the Carbon Loads up on high bite and the unload is what causes the car to be very twitchy or inconsistent. With the Aluminum the flex is similar if not a little more but the load and unload of the chassis are smoother and the overall feeling of the car is smoother instilling more confidence to drive it harder and deeper into a corner. I have the Team Tamale Chassis and my lap times were .5 to .75 per lap quicker, no other adjustments on the car. All due to having the ability to drive the car harder in spots where I was unable to before.

I have not tried on asphalt, I use the carbon chassis when I go asphalt. I have a friend who ran at the Worlds with his 3.0 and he like to aluminum chassis better than the carbon. Next time out on Asphalt I will give it a go to see the difference.
The Alu chassis flexes less, not more.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Alu chassis flexes less, not more.
For the Xray chassis that's true. Not necessarily the TT chassis.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by erchn
For the Xray chassis that's true. Not necessarily the TT chassis.
Interesting, so why would anyone bother with an alu chassis that flexes more?
Old 10-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Interesting, so why would anyone bother with an alu chassis that flexes more?
I've not run one. But I've been told, as stated above, the flex is more controllable, it unwinds more predictably. The TT chassis also lowers the CG on the car by taking down the battery and electronics about .5mm.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The TT chassis flexes more end to end but in a twisting motion flexes less than the carbon chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.