R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #1291
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Kind of hard to get pictures of. There is a very small gap to the left (U.S. drivers side) of the servo mount between the aluminum upright and the servo that the transponder wires can fit through. With the servo installed and all screws tight I can still slide the wires back and forth so they aren't being pinched.

Last edited by Odin544; 02-09-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #1292
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
so long as it doesnt touch the ground when you press it down thatll be fine,have you cut it on the legal lines?,i trim the front splitter to about 3mm to get it lower and 10mm forward of the bumper
Thanks chasingthepack, yes i did cut it along some line. There was a line with BRCA on it too which was higher from memory, looks like the brits have tall TCs. there must be rules on min body height?
Fly'n Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #1293
Tech Fanatic

Aha, thanks Odin544.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #1294
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly'n Fish View Post
Thanks chasingthepack, yes i did cut it along some line. There was a line with BRCA on it too which was higher from memory, looks like the brits have tall TCs. there must be rules on min body height?
i dont think there is one now but the front splitter must be there so you can only cut so far,roof height used to be 120mm min then 115mm min,this is in last years brca book as i havent recieved this years yet,id heard somewhere that roof height had been scrapped ,so long as the rear wing isnt taller than the roofline and the splitter is still visible,to give you some idea,i cut mine to about 3mm deep and this just misses the ground when pressed down at 5.5 ride height
Old 02-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #1295
Tech Regular

The roof doesn't need to be higher than the rear wing as of last year, but if you pass rule 16.5.1 it's almost impossible to have the wing higher than the roof anyway.

Quote:
16.5.1 Touring Car Body Dimensions: Overall Wing size Inc endplates (WxDxH) 190x40x20Max (mm) Wings (excluding endplates) are to be of single moulded construction (no flat-packs/bend your own) and to be mounted directly to the body (no spacer between shell and wing), on the mounts provided at the back of the shell. All features (front splitter / bumpers) from the original moulding must remain on the shell.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #1296
Tech Elite

Is anyone using the Protoform GX body? I'm curious how it handles compared to the Speed 6 and LTCR. I'm running indoor on carpet. I've heard some say its less steering than the Speed6 and I've heard it has more steering. Cant seem to get a definitive answer. Also if you have tried it how did you mount it?
Old 02-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #1297
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Kind of hard to get pictures of. There is a very small gap to the left (U.S. drivers side) of the servo mount between the aluminum upright and the servo that the transponder wires can fit through. With the servo installed and all screws tight I can still slide the wires back and forth so they aren't being pinched.

I put mine there but took a big hit, the force pushed the transponder back chopping off both wires against front wishbone mount.

Bb
bucketboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #1298
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
I put mine there but took a big hit, the force pushed the transponder back chopping off both wires against front wishbone mount.

Bb
Were you using the T4 bumper? Mine is a T3 bumper thats cut down to the same thickness as a T4 bumper. So It's much firmer.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #1299
Tech Addict

Quote:
Is anyone using the Protoform GX body? I'm curious how it handles compared to the Speed 6 and LTCR. I'm running indoor on carpet. I've heard some say its less steering than the Speed6 and I've heard it has more steering. Cant seem to get a definitive answer. Also if you have tried it how did you mount it?
on pf's site it states that the gx is for low grip conditions,it has too much steering from med to high,i wouldnt go near carpet with one,not many are running it from what i hear in the uk as its carpet season,i havent tried it myself as i find the sp 6 when mounted 10mm forward has plenty of steering in low to med grip
Old 02-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #1300
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm wondering too. Should have had one Saturday but USPS has dropped the ball again. Next time I'm at the track I should have one of each fresh and ready to run back to back.
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #1301
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
on pf's site it states that the gx is for low grip conditions,it has too much steering from med to high,i wouldnt go near carpet with one,not many are running it from what i hear in the uk as its carpet season,i havent tried it myself as i find the sp 6 when mounted 10mm forward has plenty of steering in low to med grip
When people mention "10mm forward" where is that being measured from?

I saw on Protoforms site Paul Lemieux suggests running it "centered". But without a definitive zero, or starting point to measure from its all kinda vague.

I've always in years past just centered the front wheels in the wheel wells and called it good. I've only this year started looking at all the little things I can do to improve every aspect and its made a big difference overall.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #1302
Tech Addict

Quote:
When people mention "10mm forward" where is that being measured from?

I saw on Protoforms site Paul Lemieux suggests running it "centered". But without a definitive zero, or starting point to measure from its all kinda vague.

I've always in years past just centered the front wheels in the wheel wells and called it good. I've only this year started looking at all the little things I can do to improve every aspect and its made a big difference overall.
mine is measured (roughly) from the bumper,my last shell which was mounted against the bumper was tried before i put the new one on and with 10mm further forward it gave more steering but also stability on the faster parts of the track
Old 02-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #1303
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

10mm should be about 70mm from bottom of the windshield to the front body posts on a speed 6.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #1304
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys!

Just got back from a race and got the car feeling super good in Stock. TQ'd and could have won against some of Canada's best stock touring drivers, but made one mistake too many.

Regardless, the car was faultless. Here's my final setup!

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t4_2014

Let me know if you have any questions.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #1305
Tech Rookie

Default Orca vxx or Orion vortex r10 pro

Which one should I go with?
Powerbroker is offline   Reply With Quote