Originally Posted by tqboy
At my track we all use sweep 32. Can some help for setup medium to high carpet
I've been running Sweep QTS32 with SXT3.0 on a medium to high bite carpet track. The sweeps are a pretty aggressive tire, so most of my changes have been aimed towards getting the car to be smoother and easier to drive. My setup works pretty well on our very tight, very high grip, bumpy track in 17.5, and also on our larger, more open, slightly less grip, smooth track in modified.
Start with the kit carpet setup, and make the following changes:
- Thicker shock oil. Associated 37.5, possibly 40 in front. I'm not sure what that is in CST. This made a huge difference for me.
- 2000-3000 in rear diff. 3000 will give less entry/mid rotation with more on-power steering. 2000 will rotate a little harder with less on-power steering.
- Move inner camber links to the middle.
- Reduce outer camber link shim in the front to 1mm, so the front wheels don't rub.
- 5.5 front droop and 4.5 rear droop, on gauge.
- Run the motor mount post if you have it, and remove layshaft screws
- Move rear hinge pins out by 0.5mm (do this last, as I'm not actually sure what it does, but that's what's on my car
- 2mm ackerman shim (might not be an improvement, but I tried it and it seemed like it made the front end a bit more predictable)
EDIT: 2* camber front and rear with 3-racing setup station, and ~0.5 toe-out in front. I'm not sure what the kit setup calls for.
That may not be an uber dialed setup, but it should give you a base to work from that will be much more settled down. It may be a little too docile for 17.5 on a more open track.