I got my T4'14 working at least as well as my T4'13 at our other club carpet track. 36x80', high grip, bumpy, and very tight. Running blinky 17.5 instead of mod (but it almost feels like mod because the track is so much tighter).
I started the night with the setup I posted before, with the exception of the change in motor, and a much thicker (too thick, really) rear diff. I refilled an old diff that had 500k in it, and didn't get enough of the old gook cleaned out. It was pretty tight. Turning a rear wheel would just barely turn the motor. But with the track layout having so many hairpins, having gobs of on-power steering wasn't necessarily a bad thing.
Anyway, the car started out being very.... sloppy I guess. It was hard to be aggressive while still cutting the lines cleanly, which is required at that track. And on entry to the straight, the car didn't want to square up. The first change I made in practice was to stand up the rear shocks (so both front and rear were one hole from outside). That made it square up better, but it was still pretty sloppy.
I then changed oil from 350cst to AE 37.5 (not sure what CST that is). I went with 37.5 because I had a good idea what 35 felt like (from running it in the '13). It really smoothed the car out and made it handle the bumps better. It was a big improvement. I ran the car that way in Q1, and got P2 about 7-8 seconds off TQ, with fast lap about .2-.3 off.
To try and take the edge off the car a bit, and to try and reduce traction roll on the tightest hairpin with a bump right at the apex, I raised the inner camber links from 0.5mm front / 1mm rear to 2mm fr + rear. I also reduced front sauce from full to 2/3. This seemed to help. My fast lap improved by about .3 (within a few thousanths of the fast lap from Q1) backed up by several laps within a tenth of that, and my overall pace was improved by about half a lap, despite losing about 2.5 seconds on lap two from something I don't remember. The TQ's transmitter battery died about 8 laps in. He was on pace to do a similar run to his round 1, with perhaps a bit less outright pace but better consistency.
For the main, I decided to lower front and rear shocks one hole, thinking it might take a bit more of the edge off the car without changing overall balance too much. It seemed a bit less edgy, but didn't feel a ton different overall. I was about 3 seconds behind 1st place for most of the race, but I think I had a couple more mistakes in the last few laps as my tires started giving up. I didn't see the heat sheet, but 1st place mentioned that I got him on fast lap, about .1 faster than my Q2 lap.
Overall, it was as good or better than I've been able to do with the T4'13, so I'm feeling a lot better about the car. The rear diff is definitely still too thick, and I think the shocks are probably a bit heavy for that track's grip level and hairpins. But hopefully the current setup will be an imrpovement at the other track in modified compared to what I had before. The other track has a bit less grip, is very smooth, and more open. So we'll see.