R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #601
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
It's the small mistakes that seperate the A to where u were,

I watched that video was u the orange car?

That didn't look like a hagberg performance so not much point in putting he's setup on ur car.

Everyone complained t4 was safe xray released the 14 I drives around on its nose, the worlds best drive there car around on its nose.

Start with 1 change at a time and feel its difference. Last Friday I helped set up a 14 then drove it in round 3 it was really good.
4 things were changed from kit setup to calm the rear down.
agreed im no hagberg,after racing at aldershot all year im still getting used to the grip and how fast a lap is,i only managed an 11.8 but ill be there again this friday,i was improving in round 3 when my transmitter shut down,i forgot to change the battery,the car is already set up with a few changes to it,if it doesnt work ill start again,but its worth a try,it was only loose in the middle section of the track the rest was ok but i couldnt lean on it as it would spin,when i get it to my liking i think ill be on a 26/7 lap run,reckon i can make middle to bottom of the b,the westwoods advice has helped me go quicker outdoors,but carpet is a whole different game altogether
but kudos to xray,after all the hits it took not one part of the set up was altered
Old 11-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #602
Tech Initiate

Default jampot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
It's the small mistakes that seperate the A to where u were,

I watched that video was u the orange car?

That didn't look like a hagberg performance so not much point in putting he's setup on ur car.

Everyone complained t4 was safe xray released the 14 I drives around on its nose, the worlds best drive there car around on its nose.

Start with 1 change at a time and feel its difference. Last Friday I helped set up a 14 then drove it in round 3 it was really good.
4 things were changed from kit setup to calm the rear down.
thanks again for the help jampot. I took the car out for another spin last night and it was awesome.
matt prigmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #603
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Wow. No posts in 2 days. Is everyone out running the new car. Hopefully I'll get to run mine tonight.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #604
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Nothing in 2 days because there was a worldwide recall
Just funnin

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #605
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First proper test with my new ride last night. Went with a dead stock setup, no ECS's, 1k in the diff, front spool. All under a Speed 6.

First impressions of the car were that is really did have quite a lot of steering for not having the proper drive shafts. Had a 13.5 in the car which isn't my usual gear, but the car was pretty good. Very consistent. Could use a little more off power rotation, something I think will be cured when I put the ECS shafts in the car and go with a bit heavier rear diff oil.

My RSD package was delievered today so the next test should be this weekend sometime. I'll have some retaining collars on the sway bars, and the ECS offerings from RSD. These should make the car even more consistent () and along with a few setup adjustments I have in mind the car should be excellent.

To give you guys some numbers, which may or may not mean anything;

Best Laps:
T4'13 17.5: 6.288
T4'13 13.5: 6.250
T4'14 13.5: 6.300
So, not quite as fast yet, but my T4'13 has some GRC upgrades, the Xray ECS shafts, and I'm very very used to it.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #606
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny-b23 View Post
T4'13 17.5: 6.288
T4'13 13.5: 6.250
T4'14 13.5: 6.300
Danny, you guys gotta get a bigger track
Dog Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #607
Tech Master

Any chance we might see 302169 and 303169 available before Xmas?
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #608
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
Danny, you guys gotta get a bigger track
Dat infield doe.

But yeah. We know. Maybe in the works. For now, the club is growing, we've gotten new rug, and everything is looking good for the future.

The upside is you get pretty good at running like 1.5ft-2ft from people.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #609
Tech Master

I'll be hitting the track tomorrow and messing with setup. I'll drop back in here with my findings tomorrow night.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #610
Tech Fanatic

Had my cars out for the first time tonight... Box stock setups except for ECS shafts and gear diff's in the front. Cars were off the hook awesome! Didn't change a thing all night and smashed track and lap records. Can't say enough good about this car!
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #611
Tech Apprentice

So now that I've had my '14 a few weeks I have a couple of thoughts on it.

I really do love the way it drives over my T3 '12, it is just a totally different car.

The only negative I have so far is that it seems that all of the hardware is simply sub standard for what I expected. All four of my hexes have stripped out. At first I thought it was the screws but that doesn't seem to be the case since I've used the screws in older hexes just fine. I'm sitting here doing work on the car getting it ready to drive tomorrow, I was checking the front end after the off-road battle I had with the new guy and making sure everything was in one piece. As I go to tighten up the sway bar end links the first one stripped out. I was tightening it with two fingers and a short hex drive. After changing it with an older one, the second one stripped out. What the heck is the deal here Xray? I just spent $500 dollars on a car kit that I'm going to have to replace exactly how much hardware to get parts to stop stripping out? When I finish this rant I'll be sending a shorter version to Xray. I don't understand why we don't get a better quality metal for the money we spent. I'm no fool, we are clearly paying for r&d, not metal but come on. My T3 didn't do this, and I wasn't nearly as careful with the screws.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #612
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclarein View Post
So now that I've had my '14 a few weeks I have a couple of thoughts on it.

I really do love the way it drives over my T3 '12, it is just a totally different car.

The only negative I have so far is that it seems that all of the hardware is simply sub standard for what I expected. All four of my hexes have stripped out. At first I thought it was the screws but that doesn't seem to be the case since I've used the screws in older hexes just fine. I'm sitting here doing work on the car getting it ready to drive tomorrow, I was checking the front end after the off-road battle I had with the new guy and making sure everything was in one piece. As I go to tighten up the sway bar end links the first one stripped out. I was tightening it with two fingers and a short hex drive. After changing it with an older one, the second one stripped out. What the heck is the deal here Xray? I just spent $500 dollars on a car kit that I'm going to have to replace exactly how much hardware to get parts to stop stripping out? When I finish this rant I'll be sending a shorter version to Xray. I don't understand why we don't get a better quality metal for the money we spent. I'm no fool, we are clearly paying for r&d, not metal but come on. My T3 didn't do this, and I wasn't nearly as careful with the screws.

It has just been on this new kit. Xray is aware of it. I had 2 hex's strip on my first kit. Chris replaced them for me. This was the first time i had any issues out of the 6 kits I have built. On my second kit I had no issues.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #613
Tech Master

So, I hit the track last night with the intention of making a huge amount of changes. My package from RSD Racing arrived, so before I even started running I dropped in my new drive shafts and installed my roll bar collars.

So, on my first run, I pretty well matched my old 13.5 time set with my T4'13. No changes made to the car other than drive shafts.
Quick time was a 6.259.

Second run, I checked absolutely everything over and made sure everything was exactly to kit spec. Found that my droop values were just a bit higher than they should have been, so reset all of that.
Quick time was a 6.199. The car also felt much more consistent this run.

Third run, I wanted to see if I could get a little more front end by increasing my additive timing. I went from about 8 minutes to 12 minutes. I succeeded in getting more steering, but the car seemed way too planted and the tires got a bit warm and the performance dropped off 4 minutes in.
Fast lap 6.201.

The fourth run is when I started really making changes to the car. I decided that instead of trying to work with additive to make the tires give up more grip, I'd raise the roll center front and rear to try to keep a little more initial bite in the car as opposed to waiting for it to roll over and get grip.
My quick lap was significantly better, with a 6.131. The car also felt very very easy to drive. Would do a 6.2xx for 5 minutes solid.

In my final run I was looking to just make the whole car a little bit less edgy. I went to a mid-length link to calm the car down on exit, and just adjusted my braking points to make up for the slight loss of initial steering.
Fast lap dropped again, with a 6.069.

All in all made a ton of progress with the new chassis, and I think next time I'll play around with spring combos and differential oil and see if I can't get that bit of initial steering I lost back.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #614
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Matt W
Default Lipo retainer

Hi,

Ive just built the new car but when I put my lipo in the plastic retainers don't seem long enough. The lipo is a standard size but seems to touch the belt and the retainers. Can you buy longer ones?
Matt W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #615
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Hi,

Ive just built the new car but when I put my lipo in the plastic retainers don't seem long enough. The lipo is a standard size but seems to touch the belt and the retainers. Can you buy longer ones?
I'm going to assume you put the plastic nuts in the center? Xray does make adjustable carbon battery retainers.