R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #451
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,624
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcallister View Post
Any good 17.5 setups posted?
Try using the setup sheet that comes in the kit.
For med to high bite carpet. Thicker fr oil.Up on fr springs.Thicker rear diff oil.
__________________
Jackson RC Raceway, Home of the 2011 Paved On Road Nats!
Horsham RC Raceway,Home of the 2013 and 2015 Carpet On Road Nats!

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/RIP Jon Williams
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #452
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I actually had problems with one of my rear arms being too tight. I too built with aluminum shims. I was able to get it freed up with some fiddling. Hopefully it gets better once the car is run more.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #453
Tech Apprentice
 
Mikkel_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 80
Default

Its ready for its first run tonight so lets see how it goes.

Mikkel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #454
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

so who has ran there 14? did you end up with your t4 settings?i run on a bumpy track with a banked sweeper so ive opted to stick with a few of the t4 settings,mainly shock oil/springs,1.3 fr roll bar,the rest is per kit
finally how did you like the feel of the new car?
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #455
Tech Rookie
 
JAG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Default

Awww man that is looking real nice. Get it that Kevlar Belt please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel_R View Post
Its ready for its first run tonight so lets see how it goes.
__________________
THE XTREME RACERS TOKYO XTREME RACER DRIFT 2 STRATEGY GUIDE
http://thextremeracers.freeforums.org/post29806.html#p29806

Last edited by JAG8; 10-23-2013 at 01:36 PM.
JAG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #456
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,040
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
so who has ran there 14? did you end up with your t4 settings?i run on a bumpy track with a banked sweeper so ive opted to stick with a few of the t4 settings,mainly shock oil/springs,1.3 fr roll bar,the rest is per kit
finally how did you like the feel of the new car?
I'm very pleased with my t4 14, it is a definite improvement over the 13. The suspension blocks are staying very consistent even after a few good hits in mod. The 14 is 100% worth the upgrade.
__________________
Mackenzie Meyercord
Rc America, Xray, MOTIV, Avid, Team EAM, Apex Rc Pro Shop, Pro Spec USA, Sanwa, RSD
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #457
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,624
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I actually had problems with one of my rear arms being too tight. I too built with aluminum shims. I was able to get it freed up with some fiddling. Hopefully it gets better once the car is run more.
Did you ream the hinge pin holes on the arms?. Just asking..
__________________
Jackson RC Raceway, Home of the 2011 Paved On Road Nats!
Horsham RC Raceway,Home of the 2013 and 2015 Carpet On Road Nats!

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/RIP Jon Williams
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #458
Tech Elite
 
R3VoLuTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Everything went together well on my build, no pinching needed anywhere. Theres a sliver of play in the rear arms, but not more than the usual amount in the c-hub / rear hub in arm play.
__________________
John Tsang 🏁 VBC Racing 🚗 ORCA RC 🚗 GripworksRC 🚗 MotivRC 🚗 GravityRC 🚗 RC America

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #459
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,649
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Track width does not look set.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel_R View Post
Its ready for its first run tonight so lets see how it goes.

bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #460
Tech Master
 
J.Filipow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,679
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I think the minor problem that a few of you are having with arm spacing/binding during the build can be traced to the plastic eccentric bushings not sitting into the aluminum suspension blocks completely. The fitment of the eccentric bushing is quite tight and may require a light tap or two to be completely seated.
__________________
P1 Brand - "Victory is Black and White" ◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #461
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,803
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn View Post
Everything went together well on my build, no pinching needed anywhere. Theres a sliver of play in the rear arms, but not more than the usual amount in the c-hub / rear hub in arm play.

Nice John!!
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #462
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sodano View Post
Did you ream the hinge pin holes on the arms?. Just asking..
Yup. It wasn't having problem moving on the hingepin smoothly, just binding up when I would tighten everything down. I was able to free it up with some pinching and pushing.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #463
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow View Post
I think the minor problem that a few of you are having with arm spacing/binding during the build can be traced to the plastic eccentric bushings not sitting into the aluminum suspension blocks completely. The fitment of the eccentric bushing is quite tight and may require a light tap or two to be completely seated.
Yeah. My rear arms didn't get sloppy until after I squeezed them in allll the way.

Speaking of the inserts... Any tips for getting them out again?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #464
Tech Elite
 
R3VoLuTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Yeah. My rear arms didn't get sloppy until after I squeezed them in allll the way.

Speaking of the inserts... Any tips for getting them out again?

-Mike
3mm hex driver, tap tap.
__________________
John Tsang 🏁 VBC Racing 🚗 ORCA RC 🚗 GripworksRC 🚗 MotivRC 🚗 GravityRC 🚗 RC America

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #465
Tech Elite
 
Odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn View Post
3mm hex driver, tap tap.
+1 Same way to get them out on the XB4.
__________________
Xray - ORCA - Avid RC - MaxFX Paint
TriCitiesRC.com
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0