Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #301
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
whats been sprayed onto the surface?
We use this machine, adding soda + suggar

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
MaNoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:15 AM   #302
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint161 View Post
I feel it is a Savox servo issue.

I just built my '14 and bought a Savox because I liked the one I put in my XB4.
I set my car up the same way you do getting everything centered then making the conection from the steering to the servo making everything ballanced.
I can only get about 19deg inside and 14deg out on my setup. The center post is about 3mm from the arms.
I put in my Futaba servo from my old T4 and I get can dial in full steering throw. My Savox just doesn't have nowwhere near the same degrees of travel as my Futaba

I drove out on the street once I put the Savox in. The street might be so different than the track but it actualy seemed like it turned tight enough.
Will it be ok?
I'm afraid there is only one way to find out. Just take the Futaba with you in case you need to have more throw, but with a good setup you probably won't and you know you'll be getting less scrub if you can get away with less steering.
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:33 AM   #303
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just finished my build, minus electronics. My last Xray was the T3'11 and I tell you what, they've improved heaps. I thought they were good then! Next to no slop or play anywhere and everything moves nice and free. Can't wait to get it on the track.......
Old 10-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #304
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default savox servo

i have two t4's both with 1251 savox and can get them to go full lock against stops. epa has to be over 100% though around 110-120%.
go back over the original t4 thread on how to setup saver and arm length.
my cars have the saver leaned over towards centre about a tooth and use centre top hole in saver this puts the turnbuckle at about 90 degrees to the saver. you can't actually get the saver vertical as teeth seem to be off about a half.
or are you running no saver then you may need a longer arm look at the hudy offroad one.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #305
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Savox servo can give full steering throw, but yes two things need to be done, for the throw to be symmetrical (same both directions), you need a link from rod to mounting on the servo saver that is around a 90deg angle, requiring shorter link than stated in the build manual, and up to around 120% throw on the radio settings.

Could be a quirk of the Savox, but at least one other person said it was the same with another brand servo, I don't think it's a flaw you need more than 100% on the radio, just likely a different stepping resolution on the savox or something, which is likely why you can adjust over 100% throw on near any radio out there to be compatible with every brand of servo.

On another note, still waiting on my T414, no word if they have come into the country yet... :-(
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #306
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys not sure if this will help anyone but I got 25* left and right with this setup and I have epa on 115L and 130R. (With a Savox SC-1278TG)

Click to enlarge

(sorry for the noob image upload don't know how to do the fancy thumbnail pic).
Pulpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #307
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Still that isn't the correct geometry for semetrical steering . Ur servo saver needs to be leaned to the left (counter clockwise to about the 11:00 position so the link -saver-servo pivot point make a 90░angle
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #308
Tech Elite

I had the same problem to get it right on my T4. It's possible to get full throw on each sides, but you need to use max EPA and sub trim to get it right. And the steering link needs to be shortend a little I think.

I bought a Ko Propo servo now and I hope it will be easier to setup. And all my Savox have slot out of the box where my Hitec's have none at all in my 1/8th scales. I hope the Ko Propo is as good as the Hitecs. Savox is cheap, but the quality isn't as good as high end servo's from other brands.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #309
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
Still that isn't the correct geometry for semetrical steering . Ur servo saver needs to be leaned to the left (counter clockwise to about the 11:00 position so the link -saver-servo pivot point make a 90░angle
+1,certainly with the savox,i fitted an old top end ko and it has more throw,the savox has a 60 deg throw ,the ko has a 90 deg throw,i think thats where the problem lays
Old 10-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #310
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ohk I thought it was just supposed to be straight . Ill give that a go thanks

Quote:
Pulpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #311
Tech Elite

Quote:
No, the saver should be vertical, if it isn't the speed of the steering will be different at different points in the steering lock, as the link on the saver has a different arc of travel to move through.

Skiddins
RD Disco
Old 10-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #312
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
No, the saver should be vertical, if it isn't the speed of the steering will be different at different points in the steering lock, as the link on the saver has a different arc of travel to move through.

Skiddins
I agree with the others, and have always had my saver lean towards the center of the car. I think of it as the angle being level relative to the tie rod not the chassis.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #313
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
I agree with the others, and have always had my saver lean towards the center of the car. I think of it as the angle being level relative to the tie rod not the chassis.
With the saver mounted at an angle, as you 'turn' left, the end of the link rises as the saver rotates, as you turn right, the end of the link drops relative to the rotation of the saver.
This means the links movement in each direction is not identical.
RD Disco
Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #314
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Red face

Look very awesome!!! but im still with my t4 2012
NYRT#4
NYRCC #124
manny021803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #315
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

See my picture from when I setup my current T4...

Your radio/servo is in theory always going to travel to its set end points at a theatricality set rate, so in other words it will hit 100% at the same speed in each direction equally.
This means when you set up any servo/radio for steering, you want to max out your cars steering end points at the same % rate on the radio in each direction of travel.

The catch is with differing sweep on the angles of the arms and linkages, off the arc of a servo horn, I don't think it will ever give the same travel each direction with the arm pointed straight up, or at least something anoyingly complex like that where I'm sure leverage is involved.

End story in general though, any servo as I said should reach say 100% at the same speed each direction, and if you want the car to turn at the same speed/rate each direction, I have always though it's important to make sure your radio end points are the same, more so than anything else your adjusting.
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T4'14-servoarm.jpg  
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote