Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Old 10-14-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by defcone
Man that's the worst color you could make for an xray.
This is the titanium alloy material! Anodizing is used! Not electroplating! Titanium can not infected so bright colors! If using electroplating,Using a long time, will immediately fade!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

does anyone use the steering post carbon brace and why???
Old 10-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Great preforming equipment that's as fast as the top of the line products r savox 1251 servo and ORCA spark ESC . its a $100 and just as fast in blinky as the orca Vx $220 ESC and can handle a 5.5 ! Great esc
Try for the Savox 1252 if you can get it, I tried one back to back with the 1251 and the faster speed of the 52 is noticeable.

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
I think they brace the front end somewhat, reducing flex across that point which can increase steering, maybe, lots of these little tuning options can have negligible effects unless your really in tune with your car at the pointy end.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bishop
I think they brace the front end somewhat, reducing flex across that point which can increase steering, maybe, lots of these little tuning options can have negligible effects unless your really in tune with your car at the pointy end.
what i want to knowis, what are the effects of it,does it make the steering smoother, more aggresive,or more direct feel and is it something most drivers fit and forget or do they take it back off for certain conditions?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
The steering brace gives less turn-in but more mid-corner steering. Improved the overally consistency for me and made it easier to drive, ran it most of last season outdoors (on the original T4 - not tried it on the new car yet cos winters here).
Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Words cannot properly convey how disappointed I am that the post office is closed today.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by daleburr
The steering brace gives less turn-in but more mid-corner steering. Improved the overally consistency for me and made it easier to drive, ran it most of last season outdoors (on the original T4 - not tried it on the new car yet cos winters here).
thanks dale
Old 10-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Words cannot properly convey how disappointed I am that the post office is closed today.
i know how you feel,it rained here on sunday,still havent had a race with it yet
Old 10-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleburr
It seemed better for me indoors.
Outdoors it just seemed to reduce steering so I got in the habit of taking it off outside.

Skiddins
Old 10-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
+1 missed my delivery
Old 10-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Last edited by grippgoat; 10-14-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
i did this to get more than 25deg of steering throw. i am now able to set EPA "my way"...
she's still yet to make maiden run this weekend. we'll see how she cruises...
Yeah this is why the steering needed to be flipped around. The current design is a little dated and well, silly. The BD-7 got it right. As if Xray needs to make sure we don't use too much steering throw that a radio can dial out. I guess they can't make too many of the right changes at once or they can't release a new car very year. Otherwise love how it looks and Xray quality.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCknight
Yeah this is why the steering needed to be flipped around. The current design is a little dated and well, silly. The BD-7 got it right. As if Xray needs to make sure we don't use too much steering throw that a radio can dial out. I guess they can't make too many of the right changes at once or they can't release a new car very year. Otherwise love how it looks and Xray quality.
The idea of preventing too much throw is too reduce scrub, which reduces corner speed, that's why the '14 and the T4 actually had less steering lock than their previous cars.

If you need more lock, your setup needs sorting out.

If anyone can't get full lock with the standard setup, I can only assume that mainly Savox servo's don't have as much movement as most others (only seems to be Savox's that are having problems)
Old 10-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I missed my delivery on Friday, but I picked up my wife from the airport the same day after 2 months in Hong Kong, and she had one in her suitcase for me.

So I picked up the one I ordered on Saturday, and it's now sitting on the kitchen counter waiting to find a new home.

-Mike
Price!?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
The idea of preventing too much throw is too reduce scrub, which reduces corner speed, that's why the '14 and the T4 actually had less steering lock than their previous cars.

If you need more lock, your setup needs sorting out.

If anyone can't get full lock with the standard setup, I can only assume that mainly Savox servo's don't have as much movement as most others (only seems to be Savox's that are having problems)
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.