R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #2251
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trent, So.Dakota.(Miss Texas, however)
Posts: 95
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Texas Postman Send a message via Yahoo to Texas Postman
Default

Has anyone got a good set-up for VTA...new carpet...@80 ft straights?
Texas Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #2252
Tech Apprentice
 
3DFLYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 70
Default rear toe

Hey guys just wondering if anyone sees it being an issue to run a 1 degree eccentric bushes in the RR position and a 0 in the RF to reduce to rear to 2 toe degrees out.. was thinking I could do it with .5s in both the RR and RF *in the different orientations obviously* to reduce the load on the pin in the bush or am I over looking it?

Still very new to the kit
3DFLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #2253
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DFLYER View Post
Hey guys just wondering if anyone sees it being an issue to run a 1 degree eccentric bushes in the RR position and a 0 in the RF to reduce to rear to 2 toe degrees out.. was thinking I could do it with .5s in both the RR and RF *in the different orientations obviously* to reduce the load on the pin in the bush or am I over looking it?

Still very new to the kit
Just make sure you don't cause the bone blades to bottom out in the outdrives. Also, consider shortening the rear wheelbase to compensate for moving the wheels back with the toe change.

Whether you go 1 in on RR, 1 out on RF, or 0.5 on both, pretty much comes down to how wide you want the rear end to be. I can't help you with that.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #2254
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 776
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DFLYER View Post
Hey guys just wondering if anyone sees it being an issue to run a 1 degree eccentric bushes in the RR position and a 0 in the RF to reduce to rear to 2 toe degrees out.. was thinking I could do it with .5s in both the RR and RF *in the different orientations obviously* to reduce the load on the pin in the bush or am I over looking it?

Still very new to the kit
As Grip said, it's mostly about rear width, I'd recommend .5 in and .5 out. The t4 is already narrower in the rear compared to the front than most cars. Too narrow and it'll make the car more edgy and more likely to traction roll.
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #2255
Tech Master
 
idbdoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Above FltLevel300
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

I'm thinking about converting my T4'14 to ARS system. Below are the items that i'm pretty sure are all i need, feel free to correct or add information!!!
****************
1. Aftermarket chassis designed for T4'14 but with added ARS holes in chassis such as Team Tamale's
2. 1 pair of stock rear ARS arms #303170
3. 1 pair of zero degree front c hubs #302369 and #302370
4. 1 pair of ARS aluminum brace post #302201
5. 1 pair of 5mm ball studs #362649
That's it as best as i can figure. I have allot of spare parts for T4'14 to cover such things as turnbuckles, steering blocks,etc. I would like to practice mod with it and after watching the 2015 with ARS on asphalt i feel you definitely need ARS. I'm going to get new chassis for 2014 car anyways and i figured this was allot cheaper for a car i'm going to break allot,LOL
Thanks
idbdoug
__________________
www.fantomracing.com
www.falconsekido.com
www.reflexracing.net
www.gizmoracingusa.com
idbdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #2256
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbdoug View Post
I'm thinking about converting my T4'14 to ARS system. Below are the items that i'm pretty sure are all i need, feel free to correct or add information!!!
****************
1. Aftermarket chassis designed for T4'14 but with added ARS holes in chassis such as Team Tamale's
2. 1 pair of stock rear ARS arms #303170
3. 1 pair of zero degree front c hubs #302369 and #302370
4. 1 pair of ARS aluminum brace post #302201
5. 1 pair of 5mm ball studs #362649
That's it as best as i can figure. I have allot of spare parts for T4'14 to cover such things as turnbuckles, steering blocks,etc. I would like to practice mod with it and after watching the 2015 with ARS on asphalt i feel you definitely need ARS. I'm going to get new chassis for 2014 car anyways and i figured this was allot cheaper for a car i'm going to break allot,LOL
Thanks
idbdoug
You'll also need (if you don't already have in your parts box)
- Ball studs for outer toe links (362650)
- rod ends #302663 (8 per package) for inner/outer toe link
- caster block bushings (302291)
- steering knuckles
- 26mm turnbuckles
- assorted screws / set screws / shims

An alternative to the ARS post seems to be to use a long screw, a stack of shims, and a ball like the outer front tie rod, that I can't seem to find on the exploded view.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #2257
Tech Master
 
idbdoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Above FltLevel300
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
You'll also need (if you don't already have in your parts box)
- Ball studs for outer toe links (362650)
- rod ends #302663 (8 per package) for inner/outer toe link
- caster block bushings (302291)
- steering knuckles
- 26mm turnbuckles
- assorted screws / set screws / shims

An alternative to the ARS post seems to be to use a long screw, a stack of shims, and a ball like the outer front tie rod, that I can't seem to find on the exploded view.

-Mike
Yep i have all the above parts except for ball studs(362650) thanks a ton for post
idbdoug
__________________
www.fantomracing.com
www.falconsekido.com
www.reflexracing.net
www.gizmoracingusa.com
idbdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #2258
Tech Master
 
Meradin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I need more steering! My car pushes like crazy when on power. I am using the Kit stock setup for reference.
__________________
Better than Randy, Adam said so!

Second thought...I don't trust Adams, they make up everything!

"Leave it to Steever", custom paint masks, decals, and paint.
Meradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #2259
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 424
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

put some foam tires on it... it will be money
__________________
Justin Cornett

RC America / XRAY / HUDY / KoPropo / Team EA Motorsports / AVID RC / RSD / ReflexRacing.net
gocoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #2260
Tech Addict
 
mschumi101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago-land/U of Wisconsin-Madison
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meradin View Post
I need more steering! My car pushes like crazy when on power. I am using the Kit stock setup for reference.
Less front droop, stiffer rear suspension (I'd try springs first).

Less droop will keep the front from rising and keep more rubber in contact with the ground. Stiffer rear helps resist weight transfer to the rear tires. Currently you have too much weight transferring to the rear, causing the front to lift up and become light, meaning less front grip.
__________________
Associated B5M Reedy 7.5 | Xray T4 ORCA 17.5
Orange Powered!
Previous: B44.2 | TC5R | TC5 | B4.2 | B44 | Slash | E4RS | TA05R | TT01
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #2261
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meradin View Post
I need more steering! My car pushes like crazy when on power. I am using the Kit stock setup for reference.
You can also try ackerman shims and/or add front arm sweep, so starting with 0.5 blocks on the front, to make the hinge pins point out. That should add mid/out steering. You could also try anti-squat in the back, which is basically limiting weight transfer to the rear on power.
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:30 PM   #2262
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meradin View Post
I need more steering! My car pushes like crazy when on power. I am using the Kit stock setup for reference.
As the others have mentioned, also anti-squat
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #2263
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meradin View Post
I need more steering! My car pushes like crazy when on power. I am using the Kit stock setup for reference.
If you're using the kit rear diff oil.... dump that and try 3000. That will probably solve everything. You might lose a bit of mid-corner rotation, but with good on-power steering, the solution to that is... more throttle!

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:46 AM   #2264
Tech Fanatic
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
If you're using the kit rear diff oil.... dump that and try 3000. That will probably solve everything. You might lose a bit of mid-corner rotation, but with good on-power steering, the solution to that is... more throttle!

-Mike
+1, thats probably the place to start if the track you're racing at has decent traction.
__________________
Team Xray
RC-Timing Software - http://www.rc-timing.com
Mercedes AMG F1 - http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #2265
Tech Champion
 
touringdriver's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: RICKY RACERVILLE
Posts: 5,198
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Looking for a good asphalt low traction T4 14 set up if anyone has anything. i fought this car all last summer season and really like to stay with xray but it really tested me and so far i still have it. lol
__________________
Proudly Sponsored by: Mr. Crash Racing, RickyRacer lidz & Ebay..
Rock Chalk Jayhawks
2014 Subway Cup & Dee and Mees On-road Race Schedule:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-m...l#post11891510
touringdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0