R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #2161
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

looking at marek's car it looks like he has the 13 a arms fitted ,split blocks up front and the new ars
http://rcracingtv.net/2014/08/marek-...s-his-top-off/
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #2162
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
looking at marek's car it looks like he has the 13 a arms fitted ,split blocks up front and the new ars
http://rcracingtv.net/2014/08/marek-...s-his-top-off/
Probably 2-hole arms.
erchn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #2163
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 185
Default

Hi

Was testing yesterday on our local track (grc-Racing.dk) a Low grip asphalt track. Temp was around 20 degress c. Was testing Stock dampere against raceberry Towers with NT1 2014 shocks and yok springs. And the normal size ones from the NT1 gave at lot more grip on that Low grip track. Did the same earlier this week where there were a lot more drivers on the track and then the difference wasnt that Big , but still in favour of the NT1 ones. Anyone Else that have tried Them ??
__________________
Xray T4 2014 / Orca VXX / Orca 5t
Team Xray-shop.dk

Last edited by johnsen-dk; 09-06-2014 at 09:14 PM. Reason: New text
johnsen-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #2164
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,647
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Interesting... What pistons, oil and springs were you testing with?
__________________
Jim Chapman
PM Hobbycraft | RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Reds Racing
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #2165
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Hi

Was testing yesterday on our local track (grc-Racing.dk) a Low grip asphalt track. Temp was around 20 degress c. Was testing Stock dampere against raceberry Towers with NT1 2014 shocks and yok springs. And the normal size ones from the NT1 gave at lot more grip on that Low grip track. Did the same earlier this week where there were a lot more drivers on the track and then the difference wasnt that Big , but still in favour of the NT1 ones. Anyone Else that have tried Them ??
I agree. Except for very high bite, at least on asphalt, I think the nt1 or t3 long shocks are faster around the track.
__________________
RCAmerica ; Team Powers USA ; Reflex Racing ; RC≥ RC Crew Chief ; Bezerk RC
erchn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:17 AM   #2166
Tech Master
 
Essnowyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere Strange Wisconsin!
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Essnowyt
Default

What is different with the NT1 shocks? They look like they build the same as the T4 shocks.

Snowy.
__________________
Team XRay, RCAmerica, Motiv, Gravity RC, Schacht Design Works.

Drive it, Dont slide it!
Essnowyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:13 AM   #2167
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,208
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

It's splitting hairs, long vs sort shock debate has been around a while now, regardless what you choose, someone is going to likely beat you with the other, then you'll look for others reasons why you lost, it's all part of racing, you will always think someone else has something that works better than what you have.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #2168
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essnowyt View Post
What is different with the NT1 shocks? They look like they build the same as the T4 shocks.

Snowy.
They are basically the same shock, just longer. ~2mm longer than t3 shocks, an internal spacer works well to take up the difference.
__________________
RCAmerica ; Team Powers USA ; Reflex Racing ; RC≥ RC Crew Chief ; Bezerk RC
erchn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #2169
Tech Fanatic
 
Diggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 929
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Suspension arm stiffener plates

We have just released our version of the suspension arm stiffener/tuning plates. They are 2mm and available as a set or individual front or rear.

Please check out our website for more info -
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/products_Xray_T4.html

__________________
www.rcamerica.com - www.teamxray.com - www.powerpushbatteries.com - www.fantomracing.com - www.kimbrough-products.com - www.diggitydesigns.com
Diggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:53 AM   #2170
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,404
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsen-dk View Post
Hi

Was testing yesterday on our local track (grc-Racing.dk) a Low grip asphalt track. Temp was around 20 degress c. Was testing Stock dampere against raceberry Towers with NT1 2014 shocks and yok springs. And the normal size ones from the NT1 gave at lot more grip on that Low grip track. Did the same earlier this week where there were a lot more drivers on the track and then the difference wasnt that Big , but still in favour of the NT1 ones. Anyone Else that have tried Them ??
A friend was at the Reedy race and was advised by a Tamiya team driver to use the standard shock when the track got greasy instead of the Raceberry towers and short shocks he was running. Sounds like this is a known thing for low grip.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #2171
Tech Regular
 
tudor_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
A friend was at the Reedy race and was advised by a Tamiya team driver to use the standard shock when the track got greasy instead of the Raceberry towers and short shocks he was running. Sounds like this is a known thing for low grip.
So, I got a T4-14

If I want to run longer shocks, to try and get more grip in slippery conditions, can I get the shocks of a T3 and the shocktower from same car? ??
__________________
Xray T4-14 (BLS551,4.5T/8.5T, Spectrum), Xray X10-15 (Lajf Racing widened 235 4T, IRS)
Lajf Racing P28(LiPo, spectrum), Lajf Racing P28GT (LiPo, spectrum )
Xray X1(21,5T, spectrum) Tamiya M05(tamiya ESC, silver can, spectrum)

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #2172
Tech Addict
 
Geberit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudor_47 View Post
So, I got a T4-14

If I want to run longer shocks, to try and get more grip in slippery conditions, can I get the shocks of a T3 and the shocktower from same car? ??
No the bulkheads are too far apart on T3. You need aftermarket shock Towers like from Raceberry or some other manufacturer. And NT1 2014 shocks or T3 ...

http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...4-Long-Version
http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...4-Long-Version
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #2173
Tech Fanatic
 
daleburr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudor_47 View Post
So, I got a T4-14

If I want to run longer shocks, to try and get more grip in slippery conditions, can I get the shocks of a T3 and the shocktower from same car? ??
You'll need the T3 shocks and Raceberry T4 shock towers.

But I'd recommend saving your money. Unlike the Tamikos the Xray is designed around the short shocks, and Xray put a lot of work into them. They work as well as the long ones when the right oil and springs are used, and are lighter and smoother.

A few drivers tried the long shocks in the UK when the T4 first came out (most of our tracks are low/mid grip), but I haven't seen anyone use them in over a year.

In low grip go for 350cst oil with 4x1.1mm pistons and 2.7 springs and the car will be better than any Tamiko.
__________________
Team Xray
RC-Timing Software - http://www.rc-timing.com
Mercedes AMG F1 - http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com/
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #2174
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
No the bulkheads are too far apart on T3. You need aftermarket shock Towers like from Raceberry or some other manufacturer. And NT1 2014 shocks or T3 ...

http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...4-Long-Version
http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...4-Long-Version
BezerkRC is the other place to get them. He's available on Facebook, and has towers already cut and ready to ship.

Ethan
__________________
RCAmerica ; Team Powers USA ; Reflex Racing ; RC≥ RC Crew Chief ; Bezerk RC
erchn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #2175
Tech Fanatic
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
You'll need the T3 shocks and Raceberry T4 shock towers.

But I'd recommend saving your money. Unlike the Tamikos the Xray is designed around the short shocks, and Xray put a lot of work into them. They work as well as the long ones when the right oil and springs are used, and are lighter and smoother.

A few drivers tried the long shocks in the UK when the T4 first came out (most of our tracks are low/mid grip), but I haven't seen anyone use them in over a year.

In low grip go for 350cst oil with 4x1.1mm pistons and 2.7 springs and the car will be better than any Tamiko.
The problem that I have faced and have seen others face is a low-medium bite track that is also quite hot 130+ heat. In those situations, light oil and stuff springs contribute to over heating tires, especially if it's a spec tire.

The long shocks give more bite and more consistency while being able to run heavier oil. The stock shocks just weren't as quick, IMO.
__________________
RCAmerica ; Team Powers USA ; Reflex Racing ; RC≥ RC Crew Chief ; Bezerk RC
erchn is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:15 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0