Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

So what is the verdict with the aluminum chassis? Been thinking of trying one out but still on the fence about it. Going to be running on a medium/high traction carpet track.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me what the graphite steering plate does?
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....1f54f9d5ceeaee
Old 08-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andrew S
Can anyone tell me what the graphite steering plate does?
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....1f54f9d5ceeaee
It locks up the front end of the chassis by reducing flex. When combined with rear layshaft screws etc it can increase steering with the reduced flex, but it can also make the car harder to drive.
Not everyone who has used it thought it helped.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
So what is the verdict with the aluminum chassis? Been thinking of trying one out but still on the fence about it. Going to be running on a medium/high traction carpet track.
It's just another tuning option. It's not a must have. Some people like it, some don't.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
It locks up the front end of the chassis by reducing flex. When combined with rear layshaft screws etc it can increase steering with the reduced flex, but it can also make the car harder to drive.
So, if I understand correctly, it goes at the top of the steering post to lock them so they flex less, right?
Old 08-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andrew S
So, if I understand correctly, it goes at the top of the steering post to lock them so they flex less, right?
Yes, with the middle part of the brace attaching to the top deck as well.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Ah cool! Thanks, will try this as it would suit my track I think
Old 08-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

anyone?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
It's just another tuning option. It's not a must have. Some people like it, some don't.
Originally Posted by fullout
anyone?
Old 08-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anybody have suggestions on counteracting the rear end stepping out on off throttle/neutral turns and changes of direction?

Also having continuous problems with my diff. Seems to leak out of the two halves. This close to putting in a spec r diff. Any suggestions?
Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

If you're still using the really thin o-ring, throw it away and clamp the diff halves down properly and evenly (criscross tightening pattern). Following advice here, this is how I got mine to stop leaking.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

None of my Xray diffs have leaked at all, rear has the oring, but front I did without, use some slime or equal grease on the outer orings, make sure you do cross tighten it down as evenly as possible, usually do that in stages as well, the plastic and gasket with compress, so you need to let it sit and torque them down just a little more, though be careful not to strip out any screw holes.

If the car is nervous off throttle, maybe thicker rear oil, I always end up thicker rear oil than kit or many drivers, I like the stability going into a turn to feel more solid, the very light oils make it randomly looser rather than one or the other.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J-PaP
Anybody have suggestions on counteracting the rear end stepping out on off throttle/neutral turns and changes of direction?

Also having continuous problems with my diff. Seems to leak out of the two halves. This close to putting in a spec r diff. Any suggestions?
I'd quit racing before replacing the beautiful smooth Xray diff with a lumpy Spec-R one. As has been suggested, get rid of the sealing o-ring, as that sometimes moves when the diff goes together, allowing it to leak.

Thicker diff oil will help your stability issues. 2-3k should do it. Less rear droop may also help, as would a bit more rear camber or camber-gain.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Skiddens

Ash my self ran it Sunday. Really like it, makes the car feel like your running on new boots every run.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spencehotbodies
Skiddens

Ash my self ran it Sunday. Really like it, makes the car feel like your running on new boots every run.
Hi,Skiddins.
You run outdoor or indoor, I like to know i am thinking to buy it for myself.
When I run on RIDE rex34 tires it is some unpredictable on the rear.
It improved stability i hope
Thanks

Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.