Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks for the response guys, looks like I have the standard 1.5mm ECS shafts. When I bought the car used it came with the 50mm Hudy DCJs, otherwise I would have looked towards something cheaper since they all seem to be of about equal quality!
I'm not sure how, but mine became slightly bent where the little nipple on the end of the axle sticks into the driveshaft bone within the coupler between the two. The hole the little nipple goes into has a flat side to it, so it binds on full steering lock. Don't know how it happened, but interesting break/bend nonetheless.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

I would try to fix that problem with a drill bit. Try to round the hole with the tip.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
I would try to fix that problem with a drill bit. Try to round the hole with the tip.
Hmm, surprisingly didn't think of that! Might be worth a shot before dropping $30 for a new one. I tried other items to try and bend it back, but I was unsuccessful.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

The latest RSD DCJ's are much better. CT has new clips. They're a PITB to get on, but I can't imagine them coming off if installed rotating the correct way. I run them in my mod sedans exclusively.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default shocks

hi guys,

im having a little bit of trouble tracking down a fix for my setup.
on a run the car initial feels great, but at the 2-3min mark the handling goes away a bit, and feels not as sharp.
i feel that the shocks are overheating???
what should i do?...just rebuild the shocks or look at piston size, and change the weight of oil.

David.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwidave72
hi guys,

im having a little bit of trouble tracking down a fix for my setup.
on a run the car initial feels great, but at the 2-3min mark the handling goes away a bit, and feels not as sharp.
i feel that the shocks are overheating???
what should i do?...just rebuild the shocks or look at piston size, and change the weight of oil.

David.
Goes away as in it starts pushing a bit? If so, what shock oil are you running? A little thicker in front will keep tires cooler for a longer period of time.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by erchn
Goes away as in it starts pushing a bit? If so, what shock oil are you running? A little thicker in front will keep tires cooler for a longer period of time.
yes, its starts to push in the high speed sections.

Im using Xceed 400cst all around. its winter down here so ambient temps are around 13-17c
Old 06-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwidave72
yes, its starts to push in the high speed sections.

Im using Xceed 400cst all around. its winter down here so ambient temps are around 13-17c
I've not heard of overheating shocks, especially at those temps, but I'd start with 450 up front. If that doesn't help, try a little less Ackerman shims.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
ive heard the roche dcj's are pretty good. any input on this?
They look like a brand new product, I noticed them the other day while looking to buy some ecs shafts, in the end though given I have seen zero feedback on them, I went for the Arrowmax V2 ones myself, so I'll see how those go for me.

I only recently got around to doing some running with my T414, it's crazy good out of the box, fair bit of chatter though in the front end with the stock driveshafts, I'd have thought all the brands would be including the ECS is as stock kit build equipment by now.

Also I can't figure out why they don't include the bumper brace, someone spun in front of me last meet, if not for the brace, my chassis would have been done.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I happened to lokk at myrcm at the latest result from ETS and was surprised to see some teamdrivers running the T3 ´11 instead of the T4. Why's that?
Old 06-11-2014, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
ive heard the roche dcj's are pretty good. any input on this?
Yep, fantastic. Half a season down and no wear or other issues. I'm always a bit reluctant to put after-market parts on an Xray as it will usually be a downgrade given the quality of the kit parts. But this is one exception I'll make.

They were the only DCJs I couldn't find negative feedback on. I've snapped Xray ones myself, seen RSD pins snap (plus import duty into the UK), and read that the Spec-R ones develop lots of slop. So I took a punt and it worked out.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by magnushedqvist
I happened to lokk at myrcm at the latest result from ETS and was surprised to see some teamdrivers running the T3 ´11 instead of the T4. Why's that?
Because they first raced ETS in 2011 and haven't updated their profiles.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
Protoform mazdaspeed6 lightweight is the most common go-to shell for carpet. Other shells can work well too, in certain conditions, depending on driving style and setup, but speed6 lw is what most people use, the majority of the time.

Just answering because it's pretty late in England, so Skiddins might not see your question until tomorrow and I kind of doubt he'll have a vastly different response than this anyway.
Originally Posted by Odin544
Agreed. MS6 or LTCR. Depending on driving style and how tight the track is.
Cheers guys, much appreciated...
Old 06-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by daleburr
Because they first raced ETS in 2011 and haven't updated their profiles.
Ahh that makes sense
Old 06-11-2014, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
Yep, fantastic. Half a season down and no wear or other issues. I'm always a bit reluctant to put after-market parts on an Xray as it will usually be a downgrade given the quality of the kit parts. But this is one exception I'll make.

They were the only DCJs I couldn't find negative feedback on. I've snapped Xray ones myself, seen RSD pins snap (plus import duty into the UK), and read that the Spec-R ones develop lots of slop. So I took a punt and it worked out.
Damn, I looked for reviews on the Roche ECS, found nothing, also worried about lack of being able to find rebuild kits for them on their site, hence me buying the Arrowmax, parts are always there right on the Arrowmax site.

I would not touch the SpecR ones, seen them break even in stock classes, the Xray ones are a pain with retaining the pins and having to heat shrink them, and the pins seem to snap rather easy.
Saw some of the Arrowmax in the flesh before though, they looks well made, and I like the rebuild kits are easy to get and cheap.

May get some Roche ones though still, actually I'm tempted to get some 50s for the back end, someone said they were really good to use when running Mod.

Actually I did buy one Roche product anyway, their drive blades, a race friend said they were the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.