Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got a look at one of these at my local hobby shop today and they are pretty sweet.

Rumor is that Shanghai is converting to a large carpet track this winter and we will start a spec series with this car. Looking forward to it.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ULM

Ultimate LeMans...

Who's going to do it first?
Old 11-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Speed passion should have meda this car with a hex like Tania did with the f103gt that way you can mount nitro foams of tc rubber, then options would be endless.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

@GSXR, I wonder if the Tamiya F103GT hexes, etc can be retrofitted to the LM-1? Would definitely open up some options, as you mentioned.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

LMP

Speed Passion LM1 chassis
2S 7.4V
SpeedPower Competition V3.0 17.5R Motor
Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC

GTE

WGT Rules
Old 11-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
I got a look at one of these at my local hobby shop today and they are pretty sweet.

Rumor is that Shanghai is converting to a large carpet track this winter and we will start a spec series with this car. Looking forward to it.
Yes...new indoor carpet (CRC type) track will be build next to the off road track and they will host the LeMan event and JJ Wang will be our pilot for the LM1 there.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
They have a cheap track star 17.5 motor in my local shop for 43 bucks. Pair that with a cheap speed passion esc or a just stock hobbywing 45 amp ($45) and you can have a great conbo for low budget. I don't want a high end 17.5 that's torquier or nasty to control.
Our V3 Competition motor (2 world champion titles) are selling less then $40...and they are ROAR legal.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NutDriver
@GSXR, I wonder if the Tamiya F103GT hexes, etc can be retrofitted to the LM-1? Would definitely open up some options, as you mentioned.
I test fit that on my LM1...you can run the whole diff from the 103GT and run TC foam or rubber tires...problem is you need about 15mm+ off set each side and running narrow tires...
Old 11-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want this car! I bought an F1 over a year ago because it was the trend here but honestly I've always loved LeMans cars. It is my favorite type of racing. I've been a big Audi fan going back to after their first win with the R8 and to see this new car with the body done so well has me excited. I've always wondered why LeMans cars weren't more popular? You had to go back to the old Tamiya bodies from the early 90's or run some very non-realistic looking bodies with the exception of the Courage body. I don't know if anyone else here will get into LeMans cars but I don't really care. We've got a world class onroad track here and I intend to use it.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I want this car! I bought an F1 over a year ago because it was the trend here but honestly I've always loved LeMans cars. It is my favorite type of racing. I've been a big Audi fan going back to after their first win with the R8 and to see this new car with the body done so well has me excited. I've always wondered why LeMans cars weren't more popular? You had to go back to the old Tamiya bodies from the early 90's or run some very non-realistic looking bodies with the exception of the Courage body. I don't know if anyone else here will get into LeMans cars but I don't really care. We've got a world class onroad track here and I intend to use it.
+1
Old 11-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Another thing for a spec class built around this chassis would be use of the LM-A body and you can only paint it in a style that represents an actual team in the WEC (so we wouldnt have crazy paint jobs like there used to be in TC classes)
Old 11-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Another thing for a spec class built around this chassis would be use of the LM-A body and you can only paint it in a style that represents an actual team in the WEC (so we wouldnt have crazy paint jobs like there used to be in TC classes)
I would not limit paint jobs to current LMP teams. I would allow allow realistic paint jobs from prior years or other types of racecars such as F1 or Indy, as long as they look realistic. For example, an LM-A painted in red and white with Canon stickers like the 1980's Porsche 956. Or an LM-A body painted in green and blue with 7up stickers like the 1991 Jordan F1 driven by M. Schumacher. Definitely would discourage TC style tribal or flame paintjobs.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fredswain
Please share us the picture or video when you have a chance to run it at that track...
Old 11-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
We like that idea and we are actually making those who race in our LeMan to pick a scheme to reflect the real LeMan/F1/True Racing event....no more TC flames scheme...
Old 11-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ed Delgado
I would not limit paint jobs to current LMP teams. I would allow allow realistic paint jobs from prior years or other types of racecars such as F1 or Indy, as long as they look realistic. For example, an LM-A painted in red and white with Canon stickers like the 1980's Porsche 956. Or an LM-A body painted in green and blue with 7up stickers like the 1991 Jordan F1 driven by M. Schumacher. Definitely would discourage TC style tribal or flame paintjobs.
That is a good idea too....for example, I like the Ferrarri scheme on LM-A, simply because it is easy to paint and still look very good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.