Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If you go to the link that Solara listed earlier in this thread, there is a REALLY inexpensive ESC/Brushless motor combo available there.

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/revento...on-v3-0-combo/
Old 11-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Technically, F1 wheels/tires fit this chassis, but they aren't the same dimensions of the stock foams.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
If you go to the link that Solara listed earlier in this thread, there is a REALLY inexpensive ESC/Brushless motor combo available there.

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/revento...on-v3-0-combo/

Nice catch NutDriver...I think if a 17.5 was spec'd, Id go with the 17.5R with the fixed endbell
Old 11-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
a 2S/17.5 spec would work with this car I think. Whatever the spec though, it probably is gonna take some work finding a motor that can be had without a shop losing money. I did some looking and the spec/handout-worthy 17.5s are not exactly the cheapest
Speed Passion V3 Competition motor....around $38 USD, our Reventon stock club race ESC combo with the same V3 motor for $70USD. I am more worry about the motor being too much for some RWD with 2S power....hopefully the foam and traction compound can help.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Technically, F1 wheels/tires fit this chassis, but they aren't the same dimensions of the stock foams.
Front tires set yes, but it looks weird....rear tires it will fit but the offset is off, need to space out the whole shaft (both ends) by a mile....

A only possible rubber tires that might fit the width/offset are the old F103 rear tires with the F103 Indy Car rims that Rob King mentioned before...but finding those rim/tires are almost in-existing.

We are testing couple oversea prototype rubber tires set right now, and hopefully we can pick the right one and start making it for USA....I am alway prefer rubber versus foam however making wide and low profile racing tires are somehow, difficult.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Nice catch NutDriver...I think if a 17.5 was spec'd, Id go with the 17.5R with the fixed endbell
One interesting way to do is run it without sensor wires....we are hosting a 2.4 hour LeMan event over at Hong Kong for blinky ESC with V3 13.5 motor but without the sensor wire....

To fix the endbell is not necessary....if using the SP motor, V3 for example, just allow driver to use the stock BLACK sensor board (came with the motor) and the most they can do is add 10*....at the end, everyone will running the same timing and probably the same gearing.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Front tires set yes, but it looks weird....rear tires it will fit but the offset is off, need to space out the whole shaft (both ends) by a mile....

A only possible rubber tires that might fit the width/offset are the old F103 rear tires with the F103 Indy Car rims that Rob King mentioned before...but finding those rim/tires are almost in-existing.

We are testing couple oversea prototype rubber tires set right now, and hopefully we can pick the right one and start making it for USA....I am alway prefer rubber versus foam however making wide and low profile racing tires are somehow, difficult.
The wheels from the Tamiya Mercedes C11 will fit the front of a F103 and the rear as long as you have the wheel adaptor (the C11 chassis uses a F103 style rear Diff). Part number is 50399 for the wheels, 50398 and 50397 for the tires. The adaptor has the hex on the inside and the wheel mounts onto it with two screws. They are plastic and come on the A parts tree. You also need the 3mm blind nuts that come in the A screw bag. You should be able to put these wheels on any F103 style chassis and be at 200mm wide front and rear, give or take a mm or two.
Attached Thumbnails Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-image.jpg  

Last edited by Ed Delgado; 11-08-2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Not sure of the front wheel bearing size, maybe 5x11mm.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

The adapters are the two roundish looking things in the middle. Sorry for the double post, but I can only do one pic at a time from my iPhone.
Attached Thumbnails Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-image.jpg  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

One interesting way to do is run it without sensor wires....we are hosting a 2.4 hour LeMan event over at Hong Kong for blinky ESC with V3 13.5 motor but without the sensor wire.
Running sensorless doesn't prevent advanced timing or dynamic timing. It's just a matter of software. Castle sensorless ESCs have for a long time had an option to change the fixed timing.

Using a spec ESC would be a good idea!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You could spec timing, although not all tracks are created equal. That is where track testing would be helpful if this was a spec class
Old 11-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ed Delgado
The adapters are the two roundish looking things in the middle. Sorry for the double post, but I can only do one pic at a time from my iPhone.

IF you can find the F103L wheels (Indy Lola t93) they use the same group C tires but the standard F103 mounting system.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

These are F104 tires mounted backwards on Group C rims--

F103L Indy car rims work just as well. IF you can find any of this stuff..lol.

To make everything work, you can cut the "flap" off the front of the tire, so the tire is the same on both sides, and mount the factory edge on the outside (backwards of an F1 rim)
Old 11-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Manny
IF you can find the F103L wheels (Indy Lola t93) they use the same group C tires but the standard F103 mounting system.
That's the thing, the mercedes c11 wheels, #50399 are readily available.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

a 2S/17.5 spec would work with this car I think. Whatever the spec though, it probably is gonna take some work finding a motor that can be had without a shop losing money. I did some looking and the spec/handout-worthy 17.5s are not exactly the cheapest
They have a cheap track star 17.5 motor in my local shop for 43 bucks. Pair that with a cheap speed passion esc or a just stock hobbywing 45 amp ($45) and you can have a great conbo for low budget. I don't want a high end 17.5 that's torquier or nasty to control.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My speculation...

Figure out a scaled rubber tire to fit this chassis and the class explodes in popularity. This is the class many have been waiting for.

Affordable, closed wheel, scale realism, racing...

However, the chassis w/ foam has to drive awesome. As long as it's not too soft a compound, and it lasts a bit...I'm all over it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.