Like Tree30Likes

Old 07-19-2015, 07:11 PM   #1081
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I ship to Europe f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrix View Post
Hi all,

I am looking to buy this car in Europe... But i seriously can't find any store that sells them. I've tried my LHS but he doesn't sell it anymore.

Anyone knows please?

Thanks!
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #1082
Tech Fanatic

I see my new winter project! the LM-1 to match my 2 SP-1's
any build tips will be setting it up for asphalt racing.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #1083
Tech Adept

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/spee...lm1/LM1_Build/
blankenj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #1084
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Need to add one of these cars to my collection... PM me with what you got.
Cudacharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #1085
Tech Fanatic

what other chassis outside of the LM-1 are you guys using? CRC, Speedmerchant.....
ive decided to convert a local CRC WGT chassis to fit. since most if not all the LHS carry CRC
Old 11-17-2015, 01:13 PM   #1086
Tech Fanatic

Practice body painted up! by a good friend of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-img_0361.jpg   Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-img_0358.jpg   Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-img_0362.jpg  
Old 12-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #1087
Tech Rookie

Default Couple of questions

Hello guys,

I just signed up to this forum to ask a couple of questions as this appears to be the go-to-thread for the SP LM-1 Kit

So firstly: I just ordered a couple of aluminum aftermarket parts and was wondering that I found an aluminum steering bridge but no aluminum steering arms. Did I just not find them or are they planned for the future? Or are there maybe some from a different SP chassis that work?

Secondly: I tried fitting a medium sized Kimbrough servo saver and couldn't get the links to align with the servo saver mounted on my Sav÷x SC-1258TG servo. Did the people who made that happen drill extra holes into the chassis floor and set the servo back further? Or does it maybe fit better with different servos (maybe low-profile)?

Thirdly: Has anybody found a way to put rubber tires on the chassis yet?

Fourthly: I bought the carbon-reinforced steering parts which had the servo mounts in it, too. I can't figure out how they would be mounted and whether they mean improvement. Can anybody show me a picture of them or their aluminum counterpart mounted?

Lastly: As the LM-A body is modelled after the Audi R18 and people have posted very nice paintjobs of them looking very much to scale, I am interested in getting R18 decals for mine. Is there a place where you can buy them or at least get the design to print them?

I would greatly appreciate your input and thank you in advance for it.

Der.Bier.Baron
Der.Bier.Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #1088
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der.Bier.Baron View Post
Hello guys,

I just signed up to this forum to ask a couple of questions as this appears to be the go-to-thread for the SP LM-1 Kit

So firstly: I just ordered a couple of aluminum aftermarket parts and was wondering that I found an aluminum steering bridge but no aluminum steering arms. Did I just not find them or are they planned for the future? Or are there maybe some from a different SP chassis that work?
you need some flex to absorb impact. Alum looks nice but is the last choice for performance. It's heavy and breaks.

Quote:
Secondly: I tried fitting a medium sized Kimbrough servo saver and couldn't get the links to align with the servo saver mounted on my Sav÷x SC-1258TG servo. Did the people who made that happen drill extra holes into the chassis floor and set the servo back further? Or does it maybe fit better with different servos (maybe low-profile)?
Some servos won't align to your centre, be inventive. I use all sorts of servos and can get any of them to work, some better than others.

Quote:
Thirdly: Has anybody found a way to put rubber tires on the chassis yet?
Why ???
The foams are fantastic and a good leveler for class racing.
I'd run the foams over skins any day.
My concern is availability.
Get some rubbers and run them if that's your thing.

Quote:

Fourthly: I bought the carbon-reinforced steering parts which had the servo mounts in it, too. I can't figure out how they would be mounted and whether they mean improvement. Can anybody show me a picture of them or their aluminum counterpart mounted?
They are a direct replacement, they are stiffer and lighter (by milligrams though)

Quote:
Lastly: As the LM-A body is modelled after the Audi R18 and people have posted very nice paintjobs of them looking very much to scale, I am interested in getting R18 decals for mine. Is there a place where you can buy them or at least get the design to print them?
Read the thread there are some AWESOME dudes who do miracles with an airbrush and decals. Be prepared to to pay what it's worth.
You might start here. Maybe even buy an airbrush and do your own..
Price is what you pay, Value is what you get.
BryceVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:42 AM   #1089
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The carbon servo mounts that are in the steering parts set are for the F1 version of this chassis
adriang79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #1090
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for your replies

So basically the carbon reinforced steering parts ar for both the LM-1 and the SP-1, right? That explains a lot

As for rubber tires: I know the foamies last outdoors as well, but as I intend to mainly bash and not race it, I kinda prefer rubber. I just think it's more "scale-ish" and I'd guess rubber would last longer. In terms of performance I can totally see the foamies working well

The same sense of longing for longevity led me to ask for full aluminum steering - as that reduces slop - and to fit a servo saver - to get the flex you mentioned I suppose but I'm ok with plastic steering arms, they are well made anyways and shimming them might reduce slop a little more

But my issue with the servo saver is that the plate of the saver is directly in line with the pivot ball on the steering bridge. As there is no more space to mount the servo more forward the only ways I can see to fix this problem are either setting the servo further back or making a "zigzag" link. I was just asking to get inspiration on what other people did, as I assumed other people might have run into similar problems.

As for paint jobs: I actually want to do it by myself (even if it doesn't end up perfect) but so far I haven't come across ways to make decals by myself or even on where to get all the ad pics other than trying Google-picture-search for them and so far couldn't find satisfying audi decals either. Mayhap someone round here has a them digitally and would like to share, as good a plan as any I think

Again thanks for your input and I want to apologize if any of my posts appear condescending in any way. I'm only trying sort some things out which would make me enjoy the LM-1 even more than it already does

I actually have one more question regarding the light buckets of the LM-A and LM-P bodies: In my case the turned out a little thin (appears to be a common problem as far as I've read) and I was thinking of reinforcing them. The two options I came up with were backing them with epoxy or reinforcing them with shoe goo/amazing goop and drywall fiberglass tape. Any experiences? Do's and don't's? I feel epoxy would be great as I could properly drill holes for LEDs.

Thanks in advance again

Der.Bier.Baron
Der.Bier.Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:06 AM   #1091
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

for structural integrity, I would suggest NOT using drywall tape, but go to the airplane section of your hobby shop and get "wing joining tape". It has a tight weave, unlike drywall tape. This is what I used to reinforce the front of my VTA bodies.

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #1092
Tech Adept

You might try f1rclab.com for decals. He does mostly f1 but might have some Audi stuff too
blankenj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:50 PM   #1093
Tech Fanatic

So on new years day i had time to build the VBC 10LM kit which is like the LM-1 in many ways. few more tunes and this think looks awesome as well as it drives.
http://www.vbcracing.com/products/li...-d-05-vbc-ck12
Old 02-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #1094
Tech Fanatic

For those looking for rubber tires why not try the SP-1 rear axle? Then f1 tires. I'm sure this has been said at some point during this thread. Although I'm sticking with foam just to learn something different.
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:48 AM   #1095
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
For those looking for rubber tires why not try the SP-1 rear axle? Then f1 tires. I'm sure this has been said at some point during this thread. Although I'm sticking with foam just to learn something different.
No need to change axle. Just get the CRC 4 bolt rims and rubber.