R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree30Likes

Old 09-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #976
Tech Adept

How come I don't see these prepainted Bodies in Speed Power website?
Inferno GT2 VE Sweep PL1 Hobbywing XERUN w/2200KV - 4S. VE Audi R8 LMS Tekin RX8 Gen2 w/2650KV - 4S. AE TC6.1 SP Audi TC Tekin RS Gen2 w/8.5. TT-01E Audi R8 Hobby Wing 21.5T. TT-02 NSX-GT Hobby Wing 13.5T. DF-01 Porsche Cayenne 23T B.
MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " 214 State st Suite 209 Hackensack, NJ 07601:201-820-1347
Racing: FRIDAY Mini Z Indoor/SATURDAY 1/8 & 1/10 VE Outdoor.
machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #977
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

RED Bull Speed Passion LM1 Car, Like F1

Mine is for sale if anyone is interested
Thanks
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #978
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

More news on the chassis updates? Any news at all about the car? It's gotten awfully quiet.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #979
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I just purchased one.... Cheap enough to try... Hope the class takes off
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #980
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector03cobra View Post
RED Bull Speed Passion LM1 Car, Like F1

Mine is for sale if anyone is interested
Thanks
I can't believe you are selling it already! Was hoping to watch some good racing in that class this year in toledo
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:15 AM   #981
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
I can't believe you are selling it already! Was hoping to watch some good racing in that class this year in toledo
Pat wants $20 to race.....F that
I will sell it at a loss
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Vector03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #982
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by machgo5go View Post
How come I don't see these prepainted Bodies in Speed Power website?
they are not pre-painted.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #983
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Howard,

Any word on when the new body will be released?

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #984
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We're in the initial stages of starting up a spec class for the LM-1 at our local indoor carpet track. The intent of the class is to create something that's affordable, has close racing, is easy to drive and setup. My hope is that we can bring in new racers with an attractive package to get them racing and keep them coming back. We're planning on running all Speed Passion equipment, including the battery. The only non-spec items will be receiver and servo. We're currently waffling on using a 21.5R or 25.5R motor. As the 21.5 motor is fast enough that higher skilled drivers can really take advantage of the extra speed. I've heard that other tracks have setup similar classes and I'm interested to hear what worked and possibly what didn't. Care to share your thoughts?

Thanks!
melon
angrymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #985
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymelon View Post
We're in the initial stages of starting up a spec class for the LM-1 at our local indoor carpet track. The intent of the class is to create something that's affordable, has close racing, is easy to drive and setup. My hope is that we can bring in new racers with an attractive package to get them racing and keep them coming back. We're planning on running all Speed Passion equipment, including the battery. The only non-spec items will be receiver and servo. We're currently waffling on using a 21.5R or 25.5R motor. As the 21.5 motor is fast enough that higher skilled drivers can really take advantage of the extra speed. I've heard that other tracks have setup similar classes and I'm interested to hear what worked and possibly what didn't. Care to share your thoughts?

Thanks!
melon

21.5 works really well on carpet indoor. Not so hard a novice can't drive it and not so slow that experienced racers won't have fun actually racing side by side.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #986
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:

Thanks!
melon
You going to use Speed Passion motors? If you want to make things easier you can purchase the locked timing endbell so everyone will have the same timing board and overall timing.

Just a thought if you ran a spec motor. If not, I still think the Lemans class racing was very close using open 21.5 motor rule.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #987
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
21.5 works really well on carpet indoor. Not so hard a novice can't drive it and not so slow that experienced racers won't have fun actually racing side by side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
You going to use Speed Passion motors? If you want to make things easier you can purchase the locked timing endbell so everyone will have the same timing board and overall timing.

Just a thought if you ran a spec motor. If not, I still think the Lemans class racing was very close using open 21.5 motor rule.
Yep, we're planning on only using a fixed timing motor. Our initial test was with the Speed Passion ESC/motor. The car ripped even with a 3.79 FDR. With a little more gear and an actual setup on the car it should be faster than our F1 class. This is what I was actually trying to avoid.

Would you say that the LM-1 with a 25.5 should be faster than a scale spec/VTA car? I'm assuming that since it's lighter, has a more efficient drive train, better grip tires and more down force, that it would be. I'm just worried that the car ends up being be so slow that it's boring and you can just keep the throttle pinned around the entire track. Similar to what we see in 17.5 1/12 scale.

Thanks again for the feedback guys!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #988
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If you haven't seen, Reflex Racing has just started selling a 200mm LeMans body that looks really good. It comes with two noses, so it can remember the A-body and the T-body as well. It will fit 200mm F1 conversions as well.
Howard, any word on when SpeedPassion is going to release the body you've been teasing us with?

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #989
Tech Champion

Quote:
Yep, we're planning on only using a fixed timing motor. Our initial test was with the Speed Passion ESC/motor. The car ripped even with a 3.79 FDR. With a little more gear and an actual setup on the car it should be faster than our F1 class. This is what I was actually trying to avoid.

Would you say that the LM-1 with a 25.5 should be faster than a scale spec/VTA car? I'm assuming that since it's lighter, has a more efficient drive train, better grip tires and more down force, that it would be. I'm just worried that the car ends up being be so slow that it's boring and you can just keep the throttle pinned around the entire track. Similar to what we see in 17.5 1/12 scale.

Thanks again for the feedback guys!
Foam tires with better grip and a lot less weight may surprise you. It will be faster than a 25.5 VTA car and accelerate harder.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #990
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Foam tires with better grip and a lot less weight may surprise you. It will be faster than a 25.5 VTA car and accelerate harder.
That's exactly what I want. Thank you for confirming my suspicions. It looks like we're on track to do testing with a 25.5 next Tuesday!

Thanks,
melon