Search
Like Tree35Likes

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-PaP
Still nothing on a pro kit? Not really interested in buying a standard lm1 to have to spend a bunch on hopups. Any news on rubber tires as well? Foams aren't exactly a big thing here. We exclusively run f1 on rubber these days.
Foams aren't really popular anywhere, but most who own this can tell you the stock foams work awesome. You don't need to true them up or anything. At most some just glue the sidewalls if traction is high on their carpet.

Tons of runs. I think a few locals are 30-40 packs on the same tires.

Originally Posted by Aaron P
+1

Still waiting.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Pietsch
http://shop.speedpowerrc.com and http://www.speedpassion.net (USA) come from the same place. In regards to parts, what are you looking for? The stock is always updated. I was waiting on some of the CF parts which have come in (and some are out again). Inventory is always coming and going so if there is something you are looking for, check every couple of days.

This car doesn't really need much. I've only broken a king pin which I believe was user error (since I didn't know what I was doing).
I checked the site J and still cant find the .5 seconds per lap you are missing.... Next week just pull an ohhhhhh sheeeeeeeetttttt move for the win..
Old 05-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly
I checked the site J and still cant find the .5 seconds per lap you are missing.... Next week just pull an ohhhhhh sheeeeeeeetttttt move for the win..
Don't worry Willy, I'll keep searching. Hopefully you can find some launch because if I have to check up on the tone anymore, I'm droppin' the plow.

In all honesty, I've had some really good fun racing this car with you guys and I can say, you've successfully converted me to the dark side of on-road racing.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

That's on backorder.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
That's on backorder.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Abendor,

www.SpeedPower.com has them. www.f1rclab.com does, too.
Yes we have 5 kits in stock at the moment, plus plenty of spares and hopups for both the LM1 and SP1
Old 05-09-2014, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Pro version

All we really need is the main chassis and front steering deck to be made in carbon.

I think we have most everything else.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey Brad! I went your "store" at f1rclab and the page ids blank.

Scott
Old 05-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I really need to stop snapping king pins. Or maybe keep my car off the boards. Still I prefer replacing a king pin to replacing the steering upright, upper and lower arm. This car is still a blast. We only practiced this Friday, but still had more fun watching everyone try to beat the fastest lap of the night.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Not liking the car that much, lots of pod chatter in the turns. Never saw this in a AE 10L or 12L. Am set to about 4mm ride height, is this to much and should I maybe drop it to around 2 mm? I could stiffen up the pod, thought of some fuel tubing to cushion the stops. It really feels like the car hits max pod deflection and gets bindy in the corners, don't remember the T-bar cars doing this. One thing I do remember though is always running the car low enough to get some chassis rub in the corners when on carpet, maybe the same is needed here.

Only other thought is have the shorty pack and have it forward, maybe moving it back would help. First time out ran full size pack and car felt good, although didn't drive it as hard that first week as I do now.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default LM-1 body on a TC6.1

Has anyone tried to mount the LM-1 body on a TC6.1? This body looks too good not to be on one of my cars.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cgolf
Not liking the car that much, lots of pod chatter in the turns. Never saw this in a AE 10L or 12L. Am set to about 4mm ride height, is this to much and should I maybe drop it to around 2 mm? I could stiffen up the pod, thought of some fuel tubing to cushion the stops. It really feels like the car hits max pod deflection and gets bindy in the corners, don't remember the T-bar cars doing this. One thing I do remember though is always running the car low enough to get some chassis rub in the corners when on carpet, maybe the same is needed here.

Only other thought is have the shorty pack and have it forward, maybe moving it back would help. First time out ran full size pack and car felt good, although didn't drive it as hard that first week as I do now.
I'd re-check your build and/or screws. Not sure why your are getting pod chatter. We have a good number of these running locally and no one has experienced this. 4mm is pretty standard for ride height. Is something lese binding? wiring when body is on?

Originally Posted by RaceDayHobbies
Has anyone tried to mount the LM-1 body on a TC6.1? This body looks too good not to be on one of my cars.
I don't think it would sit low enough to look good on a TC car.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nexus
I'd re-check your build and/or screws. Not sure why your are getting pod chatter. We have a good number of these running locally and no one has experienced this. 4mm is pretty standard for ride height. Is something lese binding? wiring when body is on?

I don't think it would sit low enough to look good on a TC car.
Hi, Also the wheelbase would be way off as most TC cars are around 257mm
wheelbase and the LM-1 is 270mm. Regards
Norman
Old 05-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I just finished assembling my LM1 kit and I must say I'm quite pleased. Aside from a couple of easily sorted inaccuracies on the instructions everything went smooth and no missing parts, just some extras. I did buy a carbon rear axle and aluminum roll dampers for the initial build after reading through this thread and noting both of these as weak points. The only thing I would add so far would be an aluminum left motor mount and maybe a couple of carbon goodies to cut out some weight.

When installing the carbon rear axle I noticed that the diff side of the axle was slightly shorter and did not allow enough room to use the spring washers and flat washer. On my Bolink pro10 I only ever use a flat washer and nut against the bearing on the diff and never have a problem with smoothness or adjustment. So I just went with the flanged lock nut against the bearing and we will see how it works. Did anyone else experience this issue when installing the carbon rear axle?

Electronics will hopefully be in the car in the next few days then it's test and tune time.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any chance we could see other bodies like a Porsche 919 or a Toyota TS040 or Lotus T129 or Lola B12/60?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.