R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2014, 04:18 PM   #796
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Just to let everyone know I have a huge SpeedPassion order on the way, probably due by the end of the week. I have LM kits, spares and hop ups. Our price on the LM1 is $189.99+ shipping I also ordered 10 additional body sets as well
I know this has been a couple moths since you posted this, but I was wondering if you had any bodies left? I am interested in possibly getting two of them. LMK, thanks.
NCNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #797
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,280
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCNitro View Post
I know this has been a couple moths since you posted this, but I was wondering if you had any bodies left? I am interested in possibly getting two of them. LMK, thanks.
Yup, still have bodies in stock, as well as kits and parts. Follow the URL in my signature
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:39 AM   #798
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,330
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

I was the only LMA in a group of RJ Speed bodied LM-1s this weekend. The guys have been practicing a ton and really have a handle on their cars in Madison, WI. I need more quality time on practice day to ever hope to be in the same league. But, I had fun racing again. I was able to run some nice clean practice laps after racing and managed to tune the car to within a half of a second of the lap times of the pack. I'm still a full second off the race winner's average, but there is a lot of rust to knock off.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #799
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 316
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
I was the only LMA in a group of RJ Speed bodied LM-1s this weekend. The guys have been practicing a ton and really have a handle on their cars in Madison, WI. I need more quality time on practice day to ever hope to be in the same league. But, I had fun racing again. I was able to run some nice clean practice laps after racing and managed to tune the car to within a half of a second of the lap times of the pack. I'm still a full second off the race winner's average, but there is a lot of rust to knock off.
What track is this? My brother and I ran LMP at yesterday's last Hurricane Race at The Track w/converted F1 chassis and would happily travel for some more LeMans action.
C.Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:50 PM   #800
Tech Adept
 
chad_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE WI
Posts: 187
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Harper View Post
What track is this? My brother and I ran LMP at yesterday's last Hurricane Race at The Track w/converted F1 chassis and would happily travel for some more LeMans action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMKinWI View Post


Here is the flyer for upcoming race this weekend.

link for race ----->>2013-2014 Indoor Season Update
chad_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:19 AM   #801
Tech Apprentice
 
Marklas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 85
Default

Now new national Danish LeMans Class i Denmark.

http://www.rcformula1.com.au/index.p...-lemans-series
__________________
/Mark
Marklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:45 AM   #802
Tech Fanatic
 
nrtv20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklas View Post
Now new national Danish LeMans Class i Denmark.

http://www.rcformula1.com.au/index.p...-lemans-series
Cars will be pretty quick with 17.5s! Sounds like fun
__________________
http://www.trautengineering.com/ http://www.toledooneeighthracers.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/nrtv20
One Eigth Racers of Toledo; Hobby Stop West Track; "The Gate" NORCAR
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:58 AM   #803
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,330
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Harper View Post
What track is this? My brother and I ran LMP at yesterday's last Hurricane Race at The Track w/converted F1 chassis and would happily travel for some more LeMans action.
What Chad said. 2841 Index Rd. Madison, WI. Sunday is onroad. Doors open at 8 and racing starts at noon. The track will be open for practice this Sunday after the big event Saturday, but it may only be for practice. We now have at last count 14 separate drivers with LM1s in Madison and one F103 with a group C body. We are averaging about 8 to 10 a week.

One of the door prizes will be an LM-1 with LMA body.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #804
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 316
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
What Chad said. 2841 Index Rd. Madison, WI. Sunday is onroad. Doors open at 8 and racing starts at noon. The track will be open for practice this Sunday after the big event Saturday, but it may only be for practice. We now have at last count 14 separate drivers with LM1s in Madison and one F103 with a group C body. We are averaging about 8 to 10 a week.

One of the door prizes will be an LM-1 with LMA body.
Not sure we'll be able to make this weekend (wish I knew about this sooner) but will absolutely be by shortly for a standard race meet. Is it worth checking a few days ahead of time to make sure there will be a full main or is the average consistent?
C.Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #805
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 350
Default

hello guys
i broke my rear wing on my only crash in a outdoor practice

Am i the only one finding this wing is too fragile ?

Is there a way to replace it without buying an entire new body ?

Thanks
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #806
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,330
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Harper View Post
Not sure we'll be able to make this weekend (wish I knew about this sooner) but will absolutely be by shortly for a standard race meet. Is it worth checking a few days ahead of time to make sure there will be a full main or is the average consistent?
The main is full. Normally top eight to ten. If everyone shows we have A and B with 2 bumps.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #807
Tech Regular
 
Cgolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 259
Default

How do you adjust the tweak on this car? Did the Old school method of lifting from center of front and back center of chassis.

Lifting from the front the left front lifts well before the right front. Lifting from the back the right rear lifts well before the left.

This doesn't make sense to me based on how I would have adjusted for the front would be opposite for fixing the back.

Also the car was traction rolling on hard right handers, but not left turns which were even harder than the right turns.

Hope this all makes sense.
Cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #808
Tech Regular
 
Cgolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgolf View Post
How do you adjust the tweak on this car? Did the Old school method of lifting from center of front and back center of chassis.

Lifting from the front the left front lifts well before the right front. Lifting from the back the right rear lifts well before the left.

This doesn't make sense to me based on how I would have adjusted for the front would be opposite for fixing the back.

Also the car was traction rolling on hard right handers, but not left turns which were even harder than the right turns.

Hope this all makes sense.
Figured out the issue, with the stock plastic parts, the battery holder / pod brace assembly is keyed for the posts, which the instructions of course don't tell you. While I was at it I replaced the set screws for the springs with slightly longer screws to stiffen it up a touch. I attached the posts properly to the brace first and then the chassis. Once I did this it only took a slight adjustment to dial in the tweak. Before it was off a ton which would explain the traction rolls.

Really wish the instructions were better on this car, it is possible for even experienced builders to miss small items like this that absolutely kill the handling of the car.

Chris
Cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #809
Tech Elite
 
trackdesigner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lynchburg/Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 4,978
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71
Default

Any update on LM1 entry numbers?
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #810
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,592
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
hello guys
i broke my rear wing on my only crash in a outdoor practice

Am i the only one finding this wing is too fragile ?

Is there a way to replace it without buying an entire new body ?

Thanks
Right now it's only available with the body. You must have been flying. Need heard anyone destroy a wing.
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:34 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net