R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree8Likes

Old 02-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #751
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

I just upgraded to aluminum parts: the lower arm mounts, the steering bridge, the damper tubes as I snapped off the plastic threaded end on one of my originals when lubing and swapped out the plastic posts. I still haven't done the servo mounts, but am thinking I would like those as they are threaded. Hoping to get the car back on track Sunday to give these parts a shakedown.

I still want the left side pod plate! Solara, get to work on this!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #752
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklas View Post
The ride height on my Lm-1 is 7mm out of box. Want it down to 4mm. Easy to adjust at rear but what the easy's way at front?
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Use a longer screw and add shims on top of the spacer between the lower arm mount. I run 4 mm in there and my car ends up around 4.5 mm up front once droop and preload are set.
liljohn's method is just about what everyone has done. I used two ride height plates instead of shims. For sure you will need about a 17 or 18mm screw from the bottom...I forgot the exact length.

Quote:
I just upgraded to aluminum parts: the lower arm mounts, the steering bridge, the damper tubes as I snapped off the plastic threaded end on one of my originals when lubing and swapped out the plastic posts. I still haven't done the servo mounts, but am thinking I would like those as they are threaded. Hoping to get the car back on track Sunday to give these parts a shakedown.

I still want the left side pod plate! Solara, get to work on this!
Nice. Solara is out of town and working on things with the main office. We are looking into what you mentioned...separate left and right pod plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-PaP View Post
Any word on the pro/hopped up version I heard about last year? Waiting on the new version to put the $ down for one.
TBD. The stock kit works very well. You can add almost everything to build a "Pro" version with the exception of a carbon fiber chassis.

In this race, I ran a stock LM1 and the silver car had some aluminum hopups. The other cars in the main were closer to stock. They all run great either way. The only change I made was for ride height and using a CRC Durashock instead of a front damper.

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1
Old 02-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #753
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Nexus,
I think what was mentioned regarding the left side pod plate was wanting it in aluminum. The upper pod brace/shock mount would be nice to have in something other than plastic as well.

scott

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #754
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
Nexus,
I think what was mentioned regarding the left side pod plate was wanting it in aluminum. The upper pod brace/shock mount would be nice to have in something other than plastic as well.

scott
Get the SP-1 mount. Its the same in carbon.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #755
Tech Champion

If those ride height plates were slotted and came in different thicknesses....
Old 02-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #756
Tech Initiate

Hi, quick question...when installing the battery ( 2s shorty lipo ) in the lm1 do you have to loosen up the upper deck to get the battery in position? And once in position whats the best way to secure it? Thanks, D
dcs155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #757
Tech Champion

Quote:
If those ride height plates were slotted and came in different thicknesses....
Maybe in the future but no immediate plans. Running two works perfect for indoor carpet racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs155 View Post
Hi, quick question...when installing the battery ( 2s shorty lipo ) in the lm1 do you have to loosen up the upper deck to get the battery in position? And once in position whats the best way to secure it? Thanks, D
I've seen it numerous ways...

Foam underneath, double sided tape under battery, strapping tape with a foam block in front, etc.

Most cars I've seen, including my own, run a double sided tape and it never shifts.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #758
Tech Initiate

Great thanks, double sided tape it is! So i take it you just charge the battery in the car?
Old 02-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #759
Tech Champion

Quote:
Great thanks, double sided tape it is! So i take it you just charge the battery in the car?
Depends on the track. If rules say in a lipo bag I take it out. In this case, I don't actually stick the lipo on. I just use foam or the tape to fill the gap between the top deck or chassis.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #760
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Brad at F1rclab has LiPo bags from Pardus that are big enough to put the whole car in. They aren't that expensive, either.

Scott

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #761
Tech Regular

Hi, Finally was able to get some decals so I changed livery from Bilstein to Audi.
Regards
Norman2
Attached Thumbnails
Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-imgp0009.jpg   Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-imgp0010.jpg  
Norman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #762
Tech Initiate

Looks great!!!! Mine was gonna look close to that but couldnt find the correct decals so it ended up like this......
Attached Thumbnails
Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-20140215_234437-1.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #763
Tech Regular

Quote:
Looks great!!!! Mine was gonna look close to that but couldnt find the correct decals so it ended up like this......
Hi, That looks good. There are so many paint schemes you can use on these bodies. I had to wait 4 weeks to get my decals from Hong Kong and they wer
for an Audi R8 LMS so i just used the ones i needed. Next body I will make
to my own taste. Regards
Norman
Norman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #764
Tech Initiate

What was the name of the decal place in Hong Kong?
Old 02-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #765
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default steering linkage hanging

Sorry if it has been covered earlier...I am having problems with the steering linkage 'hanging up/getting stuck' when turning. It is getting caught on turnbuckles (see enclosed pic in the red circle area).

Is there a fix or did I mess up something during assembly?

Thanks,

-Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1-lm1_linkage.jpg  
Rich Valente is offline   Reply With Quote