R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree30Likes

Old 01-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocoogs View Post
does anyone know if the LM1 body would fit on a awesomatix TC for use in a GT class?
Nope. The LM1 wheelbase is longer than TC.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #632
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
does anyone know if the LM1 body would fit on a awesomatix TC for use in a GT class?

Rick's right...most TCs are 190mm and the LM1 is 200mm so it wouldnt work
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #633
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
Rick's right...most TCs are 190mm and the LM1 is 200mm so it wouldnt work
I was referring to the wheelbase, not the track width. Most TC are 255-260 wb. The LM1 is 270-275.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #634
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
It was fun kicking Howard's behind yesterday.
Shenanigans......
Awesomatix USA, AVID, Serpent USA / Desoto Racing, Team Scream, LRP, Psycho Cells Racing, Sweep Racing, T.Q. Wire, Hurricane Motorsports, Core Creations, Hobbytown USA of K.C., 2mm Design and ProLevel
BSYDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #635
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSYDOR View Post
Shenanigans......
Absolutely!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #636
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

whoops wrong thread....
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.

Last edited by Kevin K; 01-22-2014 at 01:10 PM. Reason: lack of reading skills
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #637
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hey Rick, a thought...

I was looking at the rules for USLMP and I was like, "How cool would it be to have a sprint race to set qualifying for the mains. 3 minutes like the Q-session idea
Old 01-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #638
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
Not bad...probably would be a better fit in the LMP Class discussion though.
Seriously! I'm just showing you guys that there is now another body out there that looks like the speed passion body, and guys may want to start running their crc pan cars in the lmp1 class so I think this does belong in this thread. After all people are putting lmp1 bodies on their f1 cars. There is a guy at my track that wants to put this body on his corally, so what's next, race it against us? I have seen all this before, all this happen before with the f1 class, but hay, what do I know.

Capricorn: LAB-C802, LAB E801, LAB-C03, TE03, and P01 235mm. IGT8. SWORKz: S350BK1 EVO II, S104EVO, S12-1M. Top Rebel 12.
gsxr0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #639
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr0311 View Post
Seriously! I'm just showing you guys that there is now another body out there that looks like the speed passion body, and guys may want to start running their crc pan cars in the lmp1 class so I think this does belong in this thread. After all people are putting lmp1 bodies on their f1 cars. There is a guy at my track that wants to put this body on his corally, so what's next, race it against us? I have seen all this before, all this happen before with the f1 class, but hay, what do I know.
If it means putting more LMP type cars on a track and possibly drawing more entries for a track and keeping it open............
Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #640
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr0311 View Post
I think what TrackDesigner meant was, since the body is not a direct fit for the LM1 (the wheelbase is different) and this thread deals only with the SpeedPassion LM1, it might have been slightly off topic. I don't think he was trying to be snide or critical, only helpful. But as the body is certainly interesting, I reposted your post in the other thread, which deals with non-brand-specific chassis:

LeMans LMP1: 200mm Pan Class Discussion
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #641
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
I think what TrackDesigner meant was, since the body is not a direct fit for the LM1 (the wheelbase is different) and this thread deals only with the SpeedPassion LM1, it might have been slightly off topic. I don't think he was trying to be snide or critical, only helpful. But as the body is certainly interesting, I reposted your post in the other thread, which deals with non-brand-specific chassis:

LeMans LMP1: 200mm Pan Class Discussion
Thanks for that howard (dealing with a 7.5 month old doesnt offer much time for clarification). I am sorry if that sounded snide gsxr
Old 01-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #642
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Actually that was the first thing I did on my A700...since it has no shocks and it perfectly, EXCEPT....TC is just way shorter to fit the LeMan bodies. I know you can CUT the wheel well short, but it does super ugly, AND...since the tail is way longer on the LeMan when driving the A700, the rear of the body will keep flapping around and will drag onto the carpet....

Just not a good fit in general, but A700 is probably the only TC that can barely fit.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #643
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Actually that was the first thing I did on my A700...since it has no shocks and it perfectly, EXCEPT....TC is just way shorter to fit the LeMan bodies. I know you can CUT the wheel well short, but it does super ugly, AND...since the tail is way longer on the LeMan when driving the A700, the rear of the body will keep flapping around and will drag onto the carpet....

Just not a good fit in general, but A700 is probably the only TC that can barely fit.
How many LM's can you buy for one A700?
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #644
Tech Elite

According to the online shop its 669 Euros which translates to about 900 US Dollars...which would be about 4 of the LM1, or basically one heat of LM1 (assuming 3 cars make a class)
Old 01-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #645
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
How many LM's can you buy for one A700?
I tried NOT to calculate that....not back then, not now and I am not even start looking at the price tag of the new A700 EVO.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote