R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree8Likes

Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The Rebellion P1 car that ran in the ALMS has a livery that is close to the Lotus F1 car. The livery for the Dyson car isn't that complicated. The same goes for the 2012 Dempsey Racing Lotus. With some time and effort, the LM-1 body can be made to resemble the Toyota TS030 as well.

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #152
Tech Elite

Rebellion car

USVTA member #111
Old 11-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #153
Tech Elite

Dyson car

USVTA member #111
Old 11-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Toyota TS030 Hybrid

USVTA member #111
Old 11-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #155
Tech Elite

Dempsey Prototype (2012)

USVTA member #111
Old 11-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Thanks for the photos, Scott!

Is there a paint scheme that would be easy for an aesthetically-challenged person to do?
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #157
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
Thanks for the photos, Scott!

Is there a paint scheme that would be easy for an aesthetically-challenged person to do?
This is all stickers....F2012 or F1RCLAB....

or the RED BULL....all stickers.

SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #158
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
We like that idea and we are actually making those who race in our LeMan to pick a scheme to reflect the real LeMan/F1/True Racing event....no more TC flames scheme...
Who would dare put flames on an LM body?
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #159
Tech Elite

Quote:
This is all stickers....F2012 or F1RCLAB....

Wow, I would have thought that the non-red body sections were paint. Do you have a part number for the decal set(s) that were used on the Ferrari?
Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #160
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
We like that idea and we are actually making those who race in our LeMan to pick a scheme to reflect the real LeMan/F1/True Racing event....no more TC flames scheme...
Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
Who would dare put flames on an LM body?
UH OH It looks like some people are stirring the pot. I've seen this topic somewhere else...if only I could put my finger on it.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #161
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
Wow, I would have thought that the non-red body sections were paint. Do you have a part number for the decal set(s) that were used on the Ferrari?
Hey hey hey...hold that horsey.....the lazy ass scheme is what I am going to do, you go pick something else...LOL (just kidding). Yes, the non red area were painted outside partially. Actually, the flat black area were painted OUTSIDE with Tamiya XF-1 black model paint, just sand those area on the outside a little and paint it outside...it last pretty good. And after some racing and if they chipped out, add more paint on it...just like new. The white is the only area that need to paint inside beside the RED.

I think we used the Tamiya F2012 (not F60) decal sheet....F1RCLab and TQ RC Racing should have that.

http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com/rc-...ferrari-f2012/

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6021
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
That is a good idea too....for example, I like the Ferrarri scheme on LM-A, simply because it is easy to paint and still look very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Delgado View Post
I would not limit paint jobs to current LMP teams. I would allow allow realistic paint jobs from prior years or other types of racecars such as F1 or Indy, as long as they look realistic. For example, an LM-A painted in red and white with Canon stickers like the 1980's Porsche 956. Or an LM-A body painted in green and blue with 7up stickers like the 1991 Jordan F1 driven by M. Schumacher. Definitely would discourage TC style tribal or flame paintjobs.
That does also open up the number of possibilities for paint schemes. If it opened to WSC, IMSA Camel GT, ALMS and GARRS (now merged under TUSCR) and WEC that would open up enough options for racers although F1 and Indy could work too if some racers already had the WEC, WSC, TUSCR or IMSA paint schemes
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #163
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
That does also open up the number of possibilities for paint schemes. If it opened to WSC, IMSA Camel GT, ALMS and GARRS (now merged under TUSCR) and WEC that would open up enough options for racers although F1 and Indy could work too if some racers already had the WEC, WSC, TUSCR or IMSA paint schemes
Thinking of getting some Pepto Bismol stickers made up. That way I could do a pink car with flames to represent heartburn.......no, just kidding.
Ed Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #164
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Delgado View Post

Thinking of getting some Pepto Bismol stickers made up. That way I could do a pink car with flames to represent heartburn.......no, just kidding.
I'm right with you here! I've been running solid pink cars for forever. At the gas car Nats in Las Vegas many years ago, I listed "Pepto Bismol" as my only sponsor, and got some very strange looks as the announcer was introducing the drivers and their sponsors.

But I haven't yet added the flames for heartburn!

My cars currently sport Hello Kitty decals, because I can't find any Pepto Bismol stickers anywhere. Or Pink Panther.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When the F1 class got big here a year and a half ago, there was a big push to allow only realistic paint scheme to be allowed to race. That upset some people since some always used the same paint jobs on all of their cars. Ultimately lots of people never ended up racing in the class having already purchased their cars. The class has nearly died here already. Most follow the realistic scheme look but it should be a general guideline not a set in stone rule. That's a sure way to breed animosity towards the class and those who participate in it.