Wiki Posts
Search

Fastest Mini Motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Fastest Mini Motor

Hey, this doesn't seem like the perfect place but it seems like the best to post this. What is the absolutly fastest 1/18 scale motor with a Novak Spy. I raced 1/18 a year or so more ago and the fastest motor then was the Orion Big Block. Now I see the rebuildible ones. Soooooo cool. But there are a few choices. Like Trinity mini machine, Trinity 17, Fantom has a rebuildible one, and so does LRP. Post if there are others. None of them state how many turns they are so like with all my other cars I can compaire. But speed is not all but also the smoothness of the motor. If any one has any input please post here. Thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone have any input???????????
Old 06-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the mass-termination motor from trinity is ballistic, not sure if is the "absolute" fastest available brushed motor however. maybe try oneeighteenth.com (don't recall spelling exactly). good luck.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

for 280 size motor, fantom mini mod is a missile. for 300 size, one18th.com's "the beast" . go to one18th.com its a good place for... well.. 1/18th scales
Old 06-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Back in the HPI Micro RS4 days it was the Graupner 300... now a days its the trinity mass termination motor.. I think.. the one thats part number ends in 95... (19 winds I believe) I haven't run a trinity 17 (17 winds).. On ebay there is a kid from california who sells motors that he mods out.. pro370k or something like that.. they are good runners.. I race gas trucks in the summer and then in the winter we race 18th scale on a tiny 20 x 40 foot track.. it takes a while to scale down to the micros but they are a blast to run... with that hot trinity motor geared down low with atomic gears I can make my car top out at around 35 feet.. It breaks all four tires loose the whole way so it is wayyy squirly.. the track doesn't allow traction compound.. but still, way fun..