Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice! >

Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by evochick
I have the Streetjam diffuser in my hand and it will be interesting to see how it holds up, I should be able to mount it to the plate area below the axle again not effecting ride height. Ill know more when I get to that part of the build

Heres the Streetjam one mounted....yeah being lexan I am not sure how long it will last but looks cool.
Attached Thumbnails Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!-20141218_133643.jpg   Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!-20141218_133700_7.jpg  
Old 12-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah I might cut mine down and move it back
Old 12-19-2014, 10:46 AM
fmm
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JayL
it is on top of the pod/chassis plate. The bulkhead ends before it's attachment position. So no ride height change.

It may be a bit much for carpet but it is great for asphalt, makes my car much more consistent
Thanks for the info, I will try it out on carpet and share my impressions.

One more question... Is there any "one-piece" lexan body with the front of the PF13 but a narrower rear end?

Thanks
Old 12-20-2014, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Tamiya F60 maybe ?
Old 12-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Someone was naughty and opened her Christmas present early and may have finished it !!

Build was good, no issues,
I had no problems building the V1 shocks, they went together smoothly.
I did a few things that I thought were really obvious like putting grub screws in the back of the steering axles to hold the king pins in that little extra...

now to wait the week to drive it

Beth.
Attached Thumbnails Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!-dsc03943sm.jpg  
Old 12-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Someone was naughty and opened her Christmas present early and may have finished it !!

Build was good, no issues,
I had no problems building the V1 shocks, they went together smoothly.
I did a few things that I thought were really obvious like putting grub screws in the back of the steering axles to hold the king pins in that little extra...

now to wait the week to drive it

Beth.
Looks good and be interesting to see how it goes with the direct steering set up and in 180 width..we can run 200 here so set mine up like that.
Thought I could run mine today but the rain had other ideas..blue sky out there now
Old 12-21-2014, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Still waiting fot Santa..............

Has anyone tried bump steering?

One of my F1 competitors has a large amount of negative bump
steering on his F104.
The side that is pressed down steers outward.
He drives no toe out!
And has the best straight line handling.

By choosing the ball connectors on top
or bottom of the steering hub you an create this.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

has anyone tried this car 0n carpet, mine will be 190mm wide running foam tires 21.5 boosted on a 80x45 medium grip carpet track. any help or advice dialing this car up would be great. that of course when santa show up.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Some more observations,

So I tried installing the Speed passion carbon rear axle, Fail...
After I installed I noticed that the metal part wasn't true to the carbon shaft causing the wheel to wobble, also the diff action was not smooth like it was binding, no issues with the STJ carbon shaft and housing, diff is smooth and tight,

I also tried the new Tamiya 84380 carbon Shaft and housing set, but is 3 mm wider then the STJ diff, so it is possible to use if you want a little extra width. The Clamp hub 54240 will also work to a point. The Carbon axle doesn't extend as far into it as when installed on a Tamiya and does clamp fine but doesn't extend to the grub screw. You will also need about 6mm spacer.

I think ill just stick with the STJ diff and axle for the minute.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Some more observations,

So I tried installing the Speed passion carbon rear axle, Fail...
After I installed I noticed that the metal part wasn't true to the carbon shaft causing the wheel to wobble, also the diff action was not smooth like it was binding, no issues with the STJ carbon shaft and housing, diff is smooth and tight,

I also tried the new Tamiya 84380 carbon Shaft and housing set, but is 3 mm wider then the STJ diff, so it is possible to use if you want a little extra width. The Clamp hub 54240 will also work to a point. The Carbon axle doesn't extend as far into it as when installed on a Tamiya and does clamp fine but doesn't extend to the grub screw. You will also need about 6mm spacer.

I think ill just stick with the STJ diff and axle for the minute.
I installed the steel speed passion axle with no issues (dont mind a bit of weight over back axle) but was looking at the carbon axle due to some steel ones bending so cheers for the advice and might just get the STJ one.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

SP carbon axle works perfect my and my buddies SJ...yours must be defective, the axle. Mine is super true, much more true than the stock setup.
I have seen three cars total with the sp carbon axle, all where fine
Old 12-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

It took less than a week for my SJF01 to arrive from Japan to Hawaii...also picked up some of the extra bits you guys recommended. I wouldn't hesitate to order from RC-Art.

I'm planning on running a Vintage F1 body on this car so I hope that rear end generates lots of grip (without a wing).

Last edited by Manny; 12-23-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayL
SP carbon axle works perfect my and my buddies SJ...yours must be defective, the axle. Mine is super true, much more true than the stock setup.
I have seen three cars total with the sp carbon axle, all where fine
I have no doubt, I am not a fan a speed passion quality,

Did you guys also realize the speed passion carbon axle sits in a few mm compared to the STJ axle and needs to be spaced out ??
Old 12-24-2014, 10:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have no doubt, I am not a fan a speed passion quality,

Did you guys also realize the speed passion carbon axle sits in a few mm compared to the STJ axle and needs to be spaced out ??
yes, .4 shims between diff and side pod and the axle measures equal from the center balance dot in the pod to the end of each side of the axle
Old 12-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi all,

Am thinking of getting a Street Jam car, and have been reading through this forum thread about it.
Was also considering an Xray X1 & a VBC LightningF, but the price of the Xray is obscenely too high, and the VBC has snapping king pins, & front wheel compatibility issues.

From what I have been reading it seems there is nothing but praise about the car, and folks here are willing to share information, experience & knowledge which is always a good thing for both the car & drivers.
Another plus is that I am also a short drive away from a Speed Passion retailer, thus some spare parts can be sourced quickly if needed, including some of the hop ups mentioned.

Got the car and some of the upgrades that are in stock in my shopping cart, and finger is hovering over the buy button, but waiting to see how evochick's car goes on the weekend as we both race at the same club.

One question I do have is, does the Street Jam have a similar motor mount to the Speed Passion SP-1? and would the "540 motor mount" Speed Passion option part fit?
I ask this because we race F1 with 21.5 motors, and getting the right gearing with some brands of motors is not achievable without going to 64 pitch, which is something I don't want to do if I can avoid it.

Cheers
Rob.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.