R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-24-2005, 05:27 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default Classics...

I was wondering what sort of old kit everyone has lying around? whos got he oldest working car?
Spitfire_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:21 AM   #2
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

original gold tubbed RC10, pre-stealth tranny

Tamiya Hornet
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've just picked up a Hornet (2004 Eddition) but my oldest car would be a Hotshot.
ACT EP10 & EP12 ONR Titles, February 26th to 29thth 2016.

www.teamxray.com -- www.hudy.net -- www.hobbyexpress.com.au
nerdling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 06:11 PM   #4
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

here is the kick it should be one orginial owner also

like my tamyia 956 porsche from 1985 that I have

RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #5
Tech Master
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

i have a kyosho sideways sprint car original... it is a work in progress.. it is brand new.. I have replaced almost every part on it with hop ups, from the era it came out... this is the same car as the original kyosho ultima... just a diff body.... its almost done.. man i love ebay... it has allowed me to build the car i wanted over 15 years ago when i first started...
HERE IS MY TRADER FEEDBACK ON HOBBYTALK. http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/itrader.php?u=8257
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 08:33 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

How about a Associated 12E non diff, a few Igarashis, some stock, some Reedys. 3 Delta Super Phasers 1 buildable with the IFS, 1 Delta P12, A TRC Pro12, a Tamiya Grasshopper a ton of spares and some new bodies from the same era. And as a finally, a Kyosho Yamaha YZR 500 motorcycle, the Eddie Lawson one. I still have all of these, along with period correct type equipment and batteries. Ironically though not as advanced, a good driver could probably still run the Deltas, especially the P12 and be competitive, not on a national level but at least locally. Especially with the newer tire compounds and bodies.

I also had the hornet, it was my first RC car, I also had a Tamiya Rothmans 956. Locally had the first RC10 Gold Tub (circa 1983/84) around, neat car but never cared for it. These are long gone. There were others but don't rate as high in my book.

I know others will have older stuff like Jerobees, MRP's, rough riders and sand scorchers, scorpions etc.

Last edited by PMK; 06-26-2005 at 05:23 AM.
PMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 08:56 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to GTIRACER

actually the only old thing i had left was the 1st RC10T with a bent chassis..But my 1st car ever was a Tamiya Hornet, followed but a Tamiya Falcon which i raced dirt oval agains RC10's.. then i got a Blackfoot and a Kyosho Ultima. I hated associated. The the Losi Jrx came out and i got one of those. Then converted that to a JRXt. Then to a JRX pro, Upgraded to a ProSe and then Finally Conceded to try a RC10 Team car which I traded my Losi for. Then I drove that for a while until I went back to a Losi buggy , Converted that to a Losi Truck with Lots of RPM parts and tranny before losi has their own 3 gear tranny (which i still have by the way) and then Got the RC10T that I still have. The I got A traxxas LS11 truck.. THen i got out of racing, then the TCS started I got a civic FF car which I went to the Tamiya races with. The I got a TA02 and raced the HobbyShack races. I got out of racing but I got an Express Sedan, but i never got back in to racing. I traded that for a XXT. I later got a RS4, converted it to a pro witht ebelt conversion...then got a another pro that i never raced and got out of the hobby for about 9-10yrs. Last year a friend got me back into the hobby, I got an HPI pro3..but I could tell it wasnt going to do after going to socal so i got a Yokomo MR4tc pro. The I got enlighten to ASSociated again so it was a used TC3FT..and now JRXS..whew.. well thats my story..Im back oh yea..Losi MF2..just for the fun of it
GTIRACER is offline   Reply With Quote