Old 12-20-2016, 04:27 AM   #691
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's my current setup sheet.

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/vbc...Arena20161219/
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:16 AM   #692
Tech Adept

Anybody having issue with too much up down slope in the center pivot assembly?

Also, my center shock damper leaks like crazy. I've tried blue, clear and white o rings and all green slimed.

The optional ti coated king pins are gritty too, I haven't even run the kit on the track yet.

I'm a big VBC fan. I have bought 2 D06, 2 D07 and 1 D08. I love them, but I'm having second thoughts on the 12m. Maybe I'm just unlucky. I may just assemble it and put it on the shelf and keep racing my crc...What a shame, this chassis is a beauty as all other VBCs.
Ted Su(TW) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:45 AM   #693
Tech Master

Default Vbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Su(TW) View Post

Yes, I've experienced the same. I switched it out for an Associated center pivot. But, VBC came out with the PEEK aftermarket upper pivot cap which removes this completely. That said, I've gone back to the VBC original center pivot.

Also, my center shock damper leaks like crazy. I've tried blue, clear and white o rings and all green slimed.

I've skipped the green slime for Axon grease and no leakes have occurred.

The optional ti coated king pins are gritty too, I haven't even run the kit on the track yet.

Yeah, I agree. Switch them out for Associated polished kingpins and plastic balls. You can also use Xenon kingpin and balls

I'm a big VBC fan. I have bought 2 D06, 2 D07 and 1 D08. I love them, but I'm having second thoughts on the 12m. Maybe I'm just unlucky. I may just assemble it and put it on the shelf and keep racing my crc...What a shame, this chassis is a beauty as all other VBCs.
Hope this helps
Ted Su(TW) likes this.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:51 PM   #694
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Selling my 12L version 2

For Sale VBC 12 Lightning V2

Thanks to everyone on this thread that offered so much help and great information
tekin112000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #695
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have thrown the vbx shock in the bin!! put a yokomo one on instead, works very well and doesnt leak. just needed to to trim some thread, and shorten a ball cup a little to get the desired ride height and droop. just waiting for the parts to arrive to try edwards F1 rear pod idea. my first run with the car, it just wouldn't turn on the tight stuff. didn't really get to try any changes as i got hit and broke a turnbuckle and hub.
goldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #696
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy View Post
I have thrown the vbx shock in the bin!! put a yokomo one on instead, works very well and doesnt leak. just needed to to trim some thread, and shorten a ball cup a little to get the desired ride height and droop. just waiting for the parts to arrive to try edwards F1 rear pod idea. my first run with the car, it just wouldn't turn on the tight stuff. didn't really get to try any changes as i got hit and broke a turnbuckle and hub.
Get use to that last bit. I've lost track of how many arms, turnbuckles and steering blocks I have gone through. I'm very disappointed with the 12M... and I haven't gotten worse as a driver, I hit more stuff back when I got back into RC racing about a year ago and was running a 12R5.1 & 12R5.2. I've tried and tried to make this thing more durable, but everyone at my track (which is closing at the end of the month anyway) refers to my VBC FX and 12M as Very Broken Cars.

I really like my VBC cars, they just aren't durable - if you can run them on a forgiving track or with people where you won't get hit they're ok. I'll hang on to them as they are very nice to look at. Actually itching to get the new FF car that just came out a few days ago...
Old 01-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #697
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy View Post
Mail it to me! I'll take a look at it and get it working for ya.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #698
Tech Master

Long shock modification
Attached Thumbnails
VBC Lightning 12-img_1261.jpg  
Old 01-20-2017, 08:00 PM   #699
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Run the 12R5.2 one. It's cheap and better. <--- period

Quote:
I have found that just rebuilding it a few times is the trick - I know, sounds stupid. I spent 3 hours one Saturday trying to get it to stop leaking. Switched out to my Lighting 10 one, and rebuilt the 12M stock one probably 10 different ways (different lube or o-rings, etc.) and finally went back to stock and it didn't leak. Popped it back on the Lightning 10. Oi !!

Quote:
Gonna have to admit, I upgraded to the Ti coated kingpins, shock shaft, and upper arm pins - and they were butter. You must've got a bad batch or something.

Quote:
Feel your pain, I've pretty much reached the same point. I ordered the FX (F1 car) upgrade graphite rear axle and broke it. IN HALF!! I was running by myself and hadn't hit anything. We were between 1/12 scale heats and threw the F1 down to play a little (made a few susp changes) and next thing I know the wheel goes rolling down the track. My buddy and I just bust out laughing. Then he says, "dude, you didn't even hit anything"!

I have spent (before any electrics for either) over $400 on the FX, and Well over $600 (probably over $800) on the 12M (2 chassis', floating steering servos, 1 with full aluminum chassis and rear pod and upgraded pins.

But,

there's a sucker born every minute and I'll probably order the new FF 2017 fwd VBC car next week when I get paid.
Ted Su(TW) likes this.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #700
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
Long shock modification
yes edward, , you can do that with everything that comes with the yokomo shock too

Last edited by goldy; 01-21-2017 at 12:08 AM.
goldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:22 AM   #701
Tech Master

I've been doing this long before the Yokomo damper.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #702
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if Lucas Urbain was running a 12M at the recent 1/12th euro's? Can't seem to find any chassis info for the top 10. Thanks in advance.
AKRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #703
Tech Adept

I have a newly assembled 12M in the for sale thread. Please have a look if you in the market for one. It's loaded with goodies.

Thank you.
Ted Su(TW) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:41 PM   #704
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Now we are distributing VBC Racing products to US market.

Lightning12M kit is in stock now and the more VBC Racing kits and parts are coming !!

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...?s_maker_id=87
http://www.tqrcracing.com
tq@tqrcracing.com
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote