R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #421
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

made those changes to the mod car and tweaked my stock one a little bit for saturday. honestly the mod car was pretty easy to handle all stock it was the stock one i was having difficulty with.
ill have to buy a few more sets of soft springs. 45s i the back 55s up front but ill prob run 50s. i have 45s for front too if those compare to .18/19.
are there any aftermarket center springs, or just the vbc ones?

not gonna lie, i was kinda down before racing on saturday due to my previous performances but this last weekend fired me back up! third place finish, even beating someone from up island who routinely kicks my ass lol.
prob a few more years before close to par with blake and craig though. I was in it for more than half the race, maybe a second behind blake in second but something happened mid race and the two of them just took off.
__________________
My stuff
Sanwa M12 - Xray T4/16 - Xray Nt1/16 - CRC XTI-WC - ProAMPS - Hobbywing - ReVTECH - ORCA
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #422
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 701
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
made those changes to the mod car and tweaked my stock one a little bit for saturday. honestly the mod car was pretty easy to handle all stock it was the stock one i was having difficulty with.
ill have to buy a few more sets of soft springs. 45s i the back 55s up front but ill prob run 50s. i have 45s for front too if those compare to .18/19.
are there any aftermarket center springs, or just the vbc ones?

not gonna lie, i was kinda down before racing on saturday due to my previous performances but this last weekend fired me back up! third place finish, even beating someone from up island who routinely kicks my ass lol.
prob a few more years before close to par with blake and craig though. I was in it for more than half the race, maybe a second behind blake in second but something happened mid race and the two of them just took off.
Glad I could help! Does your car need anything else?
__________________
RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Trinity - ORCA - Sanwa - ULTI - PROTOform - MaxFX - Slapmaster Tools - ApexRC - SXT
Max K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #423
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,448
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Proper mount for a rollover antenna?
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #424
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 701
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr View Post
Proper mount for a rollover antenna?
its coming
__________________
RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Trinity - ORCA - Sanwa - ULTI - PROTOform - MaxFX - Slapmaster Tools - ApexRC - SXT
Max K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #425
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

A center shock that doesn't leak lol. It doesbt feel bubbly yet buy definitely some oil getting past the o ring in the cap.
How much adjustment on upper arm width do I have before I need to change crossbrace? I went down to 0.5 in front and didn't even consider this lol.
We don't run mod that much at club racing so focus is on 13.5 mostly. Car seemed to drive nicely I just fail at finding the sweet spot in motors ha
__________________
My stuff
Sanwa M12 - Xray T4/16 - Xray Nt1/16 - CRC XTI-WC - ProAMPS - Hobbywing - ReVTECH - ORCA
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #426
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 701
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
A center shock that doesn't leak lol. It doesbt feel bubbly yet buy definitely some oil getting past the o ring in the cap.
How much adjustment on upper arm width do I have before I need to change crossbrace? I went down to 0.5 in front and didn't even consider this lol.
We don't run mod that much at club racing so focus is on 13.5 mostly. Car seemed to drive nicely I just fail at finding the sweet spot in motors ha
As soon as you change the upper arm length to longer or shorter you cant run the brace. There is a different brace that VBC sells that you can run when the upper arm is shorter than stock. I made my own brace by screwing standoffs together. But for any low bite tracks I would not run the brace up front.

As for the shock use a lot of green slime on the o-ring.
__________________
RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Trinity - ORCA - Sanwa - ULTI - PROTOform - MaxFX - Slapmaster Tools - ApexRC - SXT
Max K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:29 AM   #427
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Somerville, Alabama
Posts: 192
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Transverse setup almost done!
bama racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #428
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

My supplier didn't have blue fronts. Told me they dint exist. But I tried blue rears magenta fronts in 13.5 definitely freer and more lively than magenta green but a little less predictable. Car had tooons of steering and tons of traction and I was probably loaing corner speed being so planted. Or hitting the apex as it was just so responsive lol.

Mod I didn't get a chance to try blues.

Gonna go back to.just one class I think for remainder of season. I keep switching back and forth between my hobbywing and tekin rs and am.always chasing horsepower.
__________________
My stuff
Sanwa M12 - Xray T4/16 - Xray Nt1/16 - CRC XTI-WC - ProAMPS - Hobbywing - ReVTECH - ORCA
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #429
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Somerville, Alabama
Posts: 192
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

1
Attached Thumbnails
VBC Lightning 12-145.jpg  
bama racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #430
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,748
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
My supplier didn't have blue fronts. Told me they dint exist. But I tried blue rears magenta fronts in 13.5 definitely freer and more lively than magenta green but a little less predictable. Car had tooons of steering and tons of traction and I was probably loaing corner speed being so planted. Or hitting the apex as it was just so responsive lol.

Mod I didn't get a chance to try blues.

Gonna go back to.just one class I think for remainder of season. I keep switching back and forth between my hobbywing and tekin rs and am.always chasing horsepower.
Yep, don't worry about blue fronts for now. Hopefully here in a little bit your supplier will know more

Your experience with magenta/blue is different than what I would expect. Green rears are a little softer than Blue rears, but have less side bite and should give the car more steering. Blue rears will lock the rear end of the car in and make it have a little less steering. Magentas will definitely give you more steering than a Team Purple, but will actually be a little easier to drive since they come in quickly and (I think) fade more over the run. Just my experiences though, other opinions might vary.

If the Magentas feel too edgy for your liking, try Pink fronts. They will fade more with a mod car if you drive it hard in the first couple of minutes, but the car should be easier to drive.

Blues are the de-facto choice for mod now. You can try Greens, but I personally think they don't have enough side bite for when you get on it out of the corner late in the run.
__________________
Chris Hillier | 5280 Raceway | www.5280raceway.com | Racing. Elevated.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #431
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

I did find the mod car more skidish this time out. But I set it up closer to max's setup with differebt tires so who knows. Box stock, magenta green worked great in mod.

Stock car was quite good. I mm just fighting blinky. Maybe the greens will stay on that as I was faster there with otherwise the same setup. Switching escs and moving all over the map with timing and rollout is definitely killing me.
Of course I am losing a lot of corner speed trying to keep tight lines. Prob just inexperience.

Driving wise I can hange with the top three but I still make.mistakes and suck at setup lol
Ill have a fast run in round one and won't really get a lot faster but stay fairly consistant barring any catastrophies. Thise guys however will gain a lap or.more.
__________________
My stuff
Sanwa M12 - Xray T4/16 - Xray Nt1/16 - CRC XTI-WC - ProAMPS - Hobbywing - ReVTECH - ORCA
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #432
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 701
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
My supplier didn't have blue fronts. Told me they dint exist. But I tried blue rears magenta fronts in 13.5 definitely freer and more lively than magenta green but a little less predictable. Car had tooons of steering and tons of traction and I was probably loaing corner speed being so planted. Or hitting the apex as it was just so responsive lol.

Mod I didn't get a chance to try blues.

Gonna go back to.just one class I think for remainder of season. I keep switching back and forth between my hobbywing and tekin rs and am.always chasing horsepower.
I always end up going back to pink front and blue rear. Seems to work everywhere and doesn't make the car do stupid things like double steer or hike.
__________________
RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Trinity - ORCA - Sanwa - ULTI - PROTOform - MaxFX - Slapmaster Tools - ApexRC - SXT
Max K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #433
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,448
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

The stock springs for the Lightning, where would those fall with respect to the Associated springs?
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #434
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 701
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Max K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr View Post
The stock springs for the Lightning, where would those fall with respect to the Associated springs?
Not quite sure, I think the stock springs feel a little bit stiffer than an AE silver... I just use AE springs because thats what I have the most of.
__________________
RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Trinity - ORCA - Sanwa - ULTI - PROTOform - MaxFX - Slapmaster Tools - ApexRC - SXT
Max K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:45 AM   #435
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Somerville, Alabama
Posts: 192
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I see a few VBC in the 12th scale mod A main at the nats. Good luck guys
bama racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:35 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net