Which Car???!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Car???!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

First off I have 2 Pro Match Racing packs 1.18's. Let me tell you, they are awesome. I havn't driven them for a while i'd say maybe 2 months but. They run good and are super fast. Plus they assemble batteries very very well and are clean. I also have 2 SMC packs which are awesome being that i've had them in stick packs for almost 2 years and they are still running fast! That is after i took em out and put em side by side and solder/dean. As far as the car goes, maybe you should try the new TA05. It looks like a winner its cheap, and you can hop up as you go up in the r/c way of life. Three stores that i know of you can buy it from. www.towerhobbies.com www.speedtechrc.com and ultimatehobbies.com (I called them in today about it, they said they will be getting it) and Ultimate always has the lowest prices on R/C cars!
Old 06-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Second Hand

Or You could go second hand. Alot of people are selling their cars all the time coz newer cars are coming out even though their current cars are just as competetive. If you have a look im sure you will find something cheap. And chargers can be cheap second hand to.

My $.02
Old 06-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the reply guys.my car's selection is now down to just two:the mr4tc-sd or the mr4tc-bd.basically,is there any difference in performance between the two???i think i will go with pro-match batteries.and for chargers,between the lrp pulsar competition 2 or ko propo charger.in esc,i think i will go for the lrp runner.it is cheap.and i won't be doing any modified racing yet.i will upgrade later on.and for motors,i will go with epic stock motor.or do u guys want to suggest any better stock motor???keep the ideas coming
Old 06-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntc3freak
...in esc,i think i will go for the lrp runner.it is cheap.and i won't be doing any modified racing yet.
If you are going with an LRP speedo, you might be better off looking at the quantum sport speedo...You'll get much better performance then you will get with the runner - unless you aren't planning on racing....

the quantum sport should only be a couple (like 5 or 10) more than the runner...its smaller so it will fit better on the 2 yokomo chassis you mentioned...Remember, spacing is tight on both the SD and the BD, so a bigger speedo might not work too well
Old 06-24-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default BD

although i prefer Xray, i would go with the BD, in my own opinion belt drives are much better cars again thats my opinion. as for the esc i reccoment you spend the extra money and get yourself a GTX, they are a great speedy and you can run it in almost anyclass and they are freakin small. Im sure someone has mention they are 150 at speedtechrc.com.