Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Bittydesign Striker SR 2.0 190mm body >

Bittydesign Striker SR 2.0 190mm body

Bittydesign Striker SR 2.0 190mm body

Old 09-16-2013, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default Bittydesign Striker SR 2.0 190mm body

Good day to you all, I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with the Bitty bodies for 1/10 touring. There site doesnt give much away and I was wondering how it compares to the likes of Proto LTC-R and Mazdaspeed 6 shells...it says its made to work on asphalt with 13.5T spec motors, perfect for me as far as that reads but I dont know if its suited to what is 'proven' locally by our record books...
Old 09-16-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Ive used mine indoors and out on 17.5t blinky and 13.5t boosted

i like the shell personally, very good at holding corner speed however less rear endy than a speed6, if the rear end goes, it goes and will spin out unlike the speed6 where you can correct it. but on the same merit its harder to make the rear end spin out.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just finished painting up my Striker 2.0 last Friday and used it for a few runs this weekend. I run 17.5 on an indoor carpet track, for reference. On the infield part of the course, it rotated a bit slower than the LTC-R, but quicker than the Mazdaspeed6. At the end of the sweeper, I found it to be very predictable. It didn't seem to allow as much top-end on the straightaway. I was comparing it to the LTC-R, the P-37 and the Mazdaspeed6. In the end, it produced the slowest lap times of all four for me. I will not be using it for my next race on Tuesday night, but I'll be back to testing it next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Bittydesign Striker SR 2.0 190mm body-striker3.jpg  
Old 10-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

BittyDesign Nardo and MC10 (190mm bodies)

Here is the official word from BittyDesign:

"Both the Narḍ and the MC10 are designed to meet the Global Body Spec rules and give a different on-track feeling to match with the requirements of both club racers and pro-level drivers.

In store mid November, stay tuned for official presentation in next weeks."

Image link: http://www.amainhobbies.com/images/p...touringcar.jpg
Old 12-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Tech Adept

I have one of the Striker sr 2.0 shells to try and I was wondering how people have been mounting the shell, be it central, 2mm forward etc.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I run mine centrally mounted. I like it better than the ltc-r. It is a little freer in the rear. It has a lot more room in the wheel wells so less cutting of the poly which is nice to me.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Hello guys, the Striker-SR 2.0 bodyshell has been our 1st model that we developed in 2012 to enter then in march 2013 the 1/10 TC body market. We confirm that the body is particularly indicated for 13.5 stock class and we recommend to use it when grip on the surface is real high (carpet and asphalt).

The Striker-SR 2.0 body have real aggressive front steering, with modified class the set-up of your model need to be refined in function of this body, expert drivers with good technical knowledge will have no problem doing this.

With both classes we suggest to use 3/4 tyre additive on the front when racing on asphalt and 2/4 additive when using the Striker on the carpet. This will give to the car a better balance and driving feeling during the whole 5 minutes of your head.

With Stock 13.5 class neutral placement (in the centre) of the body is suggested, with Modified class a 2mm backward placement is recommend to make the car easier to drive.

The brand new Narḍ body we released the past week is our 2nd body, all his features are explained here on the forum (see the dedicated post) and on our website. Coming soon a new 3rd body will be released and will complete our line for the 190mm class.

For any question about our bodies feel free to ask, we're at complete service.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I know a little more now than I did when I mounted my Striker a few months ago. Even though I only run 17.5, if I could do it all again, I would run the body another 1 or 2 mm further back. Unfortunately, I can't get the rear of the body to sit low enough on my Xray T3 even though it's on the lowest possible body post hole. The center of gravity is all off and the car is really tipsy even when I've only sauced the front tires at the recommended 1/2. I can get it to sit low enough on my Associated TC3, but since that's not my race car I haven't had a chance to really test the body in a true battle. I'm hoping that I won't have the same mounting height issue once the Nardo becomes available. Too bad no one else at my local track seems interested in experimenting with Bittydesigns bodies or I could inspect the Nardo before making the $$$ commitment.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I like the looks of the striker body but seeing it up close I find it to be a little heavy like a regular weight LTCR. Guys that are using it at my track say that its brittle and after a hit or two the front wheel well openings start cracking. Still its a cool looking body.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
I like the looks of the striker body but seeing it up close I find it to be a little heavy like a regular weight LTCR. Guys that are using it at my track say that its brittle and after a hit or two the front wheel well openings start cracking. Still its a cool looking body.
We spent a lot of time during the latest months to improve the thermoforming process. We reached a new level of quality and the bodies are not MUCH BETTER balanced in term of homogeneity of the lexan and strength when crashing.

The new batch (under production the next week) of 190mm TC bodies that will hit our Worldwide Distributors soon will be interested from this recent big quality improvement.