Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Noob Question: Difference between VTA & USVTA classes? >

Noob Question: Difference between VTA & USVTA classes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Noob Question: Difference between VTA & USVTA classes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Thumbs up Noob Question: Difference between VTA & USVTA classes?

Sorry for the noob question but what is the difference in the classes? I just moved to college a few weeks ago and they have an on-road track here and thought I'd try it out! Before this ive been strictly offroad bcz that's the only kind of tracks they had around my town I lived in b4 college....Any HELP would be much appreciated!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSTTHEMOJO
Sorry for the noob question but what is the difference in the classes? I just moved to college a few weeks ago and they have an on-road track here and thought I'd try it out! Before this ive been strictly offroad bcz that's the only kind of tracks they had around my town I lived in b4 college....Any HELP would be much appreciated!
http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/. Check this page out. It explains the different rules for the two classes. Basically, VTA is a class where the bodies are replicating the only 70's trans-am class. They run 25.5 Novak motors with and non-timing esc from an approved list. They also run specific tires that look like trans-am tires.

USGT is similar in the fact that they have similar rules as far as electronics. This class runs 21.5 motors with a roar approved esc in blinky mode. You must use a threaded tire like the hpi xpatterns with a spoked wheel. The bodies are supposed to replicate the 2door GT class racing. Like the corvettes, vipers, BMW M3 or Audi R8. No sedan or wedge type bodies. VTA is a tad slower the USGT, but still a very fun class. And killer muscle car bodies. USGT is more of your exotic super car type. Check out the site and it will tell you all about it.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There are a lot of tracks that use the US VTA Rules platform, and ROAR has changed their rules recently to line up with the US VTA on most concerns (other than only one legal brand of motor I believe) - then there are other places that call their local class VTA or something similar but the rules can be all over the place.

Where I am (in CALIF) there are some tracks using either the US VTA or ROAR VTA Rules, but others use what they call "OUTLAW VTA" which uses the 21.5 motor (any brand) instead of the 25.5 wind motor. It's a tad faster, but it's usually run on bigger tracks.

However they run it - it CAN be a super fun class to run...and they look so cool