R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Budget parking lot racer, need opinions

Hi all,

Which do you feel is a better choice for local club racing. I recently picked up a Losi xxx-s G+ and even found the belts for it!!! (WooHoo!!!) but I also can pick up a Sakura zero s for cheap.

I've read the threads about the Losi and know how great it could be with the right setup. But with the parts becoming scarce should I even throw the effort into working with that car? Or should I go with the Sakura because its newer and parts are plenty. I'm kind of torn on this and not sure how to proceed, any and all opinions are appreciated.
sarron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

if you get a sakura sport get the new one to ensure parts support. in that price range i can also suggest the spec-r. iv'e done quite well with the car competing against some very expensive cars so far.

bumping up to $250 will get you into almost any 2011/2012 vintage professional touring car. tc6.1, s411,xray t3'12 and even tamiya. id go with one of those if your budget allows. saw a s411 listed for $175 i very nearly picked up.
id run what you have until the parts supply drys up. though you might be able to source other branded parts to fit certain things.. the belts are nothing special, bando sells custom belts you could make work.

really just depends how much money is comfortable for you to spend and how competitive you want to be. one usually influences the other lol... so be careful!
My stuff
Sanwa M12 - Xray T4/16 - Xray Nt1/16 - CRC XTI-WC - ProAMPS - Hobbywing - ReVTECH - ORCA
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
Tech Rookie
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the input I really appreciate it. I also picked up an ofna jl10e that had some really nice electronic package on it for a deal so I'll run that too.
sarron7 is offline   Reply With Quote