Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Question regarding replacing antenna wire. >

Question regarding replacing antenna wire.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question regarding replacing antenna wire.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Question regarding replacing antenna wire.

I recently replaced my antenna wire because it was all worn out.Problem is the new wire is very long - mga 2 feet+. How long should the wire be for 27mhz receivers?

I read the tutorials and they say 27 inches daw. When I tried measure 27 inches, it was still very long. Not like the previous wire that was only long enough to protrude at least 1cm from the antenna pole of the car.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

When you replace your antenna wire you should make it the exact same length as the previous one.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pyrosian
When you replace your antenna wire you should make it the exact same length as the previous one.
Oh my! I am not sure about that one. This was a 2nd hand receiver. It was all cut up and spliced together. I can not be sure how long it originally was. I have a a JR Racing receiver R133.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by ch4dwick
Oh my! I am not sure about that one. This was a 2nd hand receiver. It was all cut up and spliced together. I can not be sure how long it originally was. I have a a JR Racing receiver R133.
Stupid me! it's in the manual! 14.75". I wonder why I didn't look there in the first place! Oops. I just answered that in the first sentence of this paragraph!