R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Drifting in reverse?

I have this Serpent S240 that has been on the shelf for at least a yr. I don't have a place to drive it, the garage is really the only place I feel safe driving it with the low profile. Still looking for a smooth tennis court or something.

Anyway, the motor I have on it is huge, 130 and weighs too much. Putting a smaller one is not easy as because the shaft legnth, motor mount and other reasons.

I've tried putting weght up front to help but the rear spins out and with small space to drive it I can't really control it. Carpet would be a blast though, just dont have the place. Even thinking of selling. But last night I ran in reverse, it was a blast. Was able to "drift" i guess you'd call it. Was able to obtain much higher speeds and control in 2 car garage.

My question is, does anyone do this? I dont race, i dont run with other cars so I know its just my own preference, I just want to know how common or uncommon it is.

I will try and come up with an alternative motor option but in meantime, its fun to drive.

Thanks, here are few pics

etb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Tech Adept

I drift in reverse sometimes with my HPI Sprint 2 Flux when Im just screwing around. I don't race or drift competitively, but do a lot of drifting and "auto x" type stuff in my driveway.
When I do drift in reverse, I have my drift tires on because its when Im working on my drifting, so it's not that hard or much different than drifting normally because of tr lack of grip, the only thing really different is steering/control.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Last edited by wareagle84; 09-03-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: double post :(
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Interesting. Maybe try different tires.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote