Search
Like Tree12Likes

Team c tc10

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JD Skyline
Well you got yourself a great xmas present hahaha!!! and a cool project too!!
In an earlier reply you mentioned "My local track owner was shocked at how close it was to an Xray T4."

Did you mean the looks of the TC10 compared to the T4 or the performance of the TC10!!
I brought the NIB kit to the track and the owner looked over the parts and manual. He gave me some tips on diff oil and shocks. The car will be better than the driver, so I am trying to set it up as best as possible.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

I fail to understand how someone would pay 350usd for a Team C when the CSO v2 is available for less than 300 shipped and is essentially an updated Team C. Plus it's blue.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mooby64
I brought the NIB kit to the track and the owner looked over the parts and manual. He gave me some tips on diff oil and shocks. The car will be better than the driver, so I am trying to set it up as best as possible.
Kee
Good luck with the car... hope you will win a lot of races haha...:sneak and keep the posts on this car rollin'
Old 12-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by heretic
I fail to understand how someone would pay 350usd for a Team C when the CSO v2 is available for less than 300 shipped and is essentially an updated Team C. Plus it's blue.
I just finished setting up my chassis, for the usgt class. After installing the motor, electronics...etc. and found I needed to add approx. 170 grams of weight.

I did look at the CSO-One and most of the parts are the exact same. But with the "Swiss Cheese" chassis it has, how much more weight would be needed???

p.s. I didn't buy the car to look at. I bought it to race. I don't care what color the aluminum parts are.....I care how cool my paint job is.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:46 AM
Tech Addict

People have to stop knocking on TeamC products. I think they're actually doing good for the hobby.

Bear with me, my experience with Team C is mostly off-road, I have not driven the on-road, but since people are debating the brand and not the actual car itself, I will give my two cents.

I had a Team C T8 buggy and T8T truggy. I run them alongside my MP9 TKI3 and all three cars are really comparable despite the TeamC badge and price tag.

The Team C never broke but the plastic wore out quickly and they developed quite a bit of play. But you will finish your race every single time. The MP9 plastics were better and did not wear much but a bad landing would usually result in a broken arm and DNF tag.

Im not saying the TeamC is better or faster. Just saying that there are tracks and conditions that I will prefer to be driving the TeamC than the Kyosho.

I've read here people commenting why buy a TeamC when u can get an Xray, Yokomo, etc. For me the answer is this, the TeamCs are winning in the region. Not the Xrays or Yokomos or HBs or Serpents. Back to the driver vs car debate

And it's priced competitively (the T8 was about $150usd cheaper than most of the other cars at the time) so it's a really attractive car to get. A winner that costs cheaper than the mainstream brands.

I don't own a Team C car anymore. Am no longer into the off-road scene and I drive a T4'14 and a BD5WX for on-road. But that doesn't mean the Team Cs are bad cars. I've owned a lot of brands and I think they're doing alright.

In fact, the 1/8 buggy champion - crowned earlier this month - in Borneo won his title with the T8 v2. He was racing against Mp9s, MBX6s and 7s, Serpent Cobras, Sworks, and Xrays XB8s. I'm not a "fanboy", I just think they deserve recognition for helping bridge the RC scene in Asia.

http://www.racereadyrcs.blogspot.com/
Old 12-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Word.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tak4
People have to stop knocking on TeamC products. I think they're actually doing good for the hobby.

Bear with me, my experience with Team C is mostly off-road, I have not driven the on-road, but since people are debating the brand and not the actual car itself, I will give my two cents.

I had a Team C T8 buggy and T8T truggy. I run them alongside my MP9 TKI3 and all three cars are really comparable despite the TeamC badge and price tag.

The Team C never broke but the plastic wore out quickly and they developed quite a bit of play. But you will finish your race every single time. The MP9 plastics were better and did not wear much but a bad landing would usually result in a broken arm and DNF tag.

Im not saying the TeamC is better or faster. Just saying that there are tracks and conditions that I will prefer to be driving the TeamC than the Kyosho.

I've read here people commenting why buy a TeamC when u can get an Xray, Yokomo, etc. For me the answer is this, the TeamCs are winning in the region. Not the Xrays or Yokomos or HBs or Serpents. Back to the driver vs car debate

And it's priced competitively (the T8 was about $150usd cheaper than most of the other cars at the time) so it's a really attractive car to get. A winner that costs cheaper than the mainstream brands.

I don't own a Team C car anymore. Am no longer into the off-road scene and I drive a T4'14 and a BD5WX for on-road. But that doesn't mean the Team Cs are bad cars. I've owned a lot of brands and I think they're doing alright.

In fact, the 1/8 buggy champion - crowned earlier this month - in Borneo won his title with the T8 v2. He was racing against Mp9s, MBX6s and 7s, Serpent Cobras, Sworks, and Xrays XB8s. I'm not a "fanboy", I just think they deserve recognition for helping bridge the RC scene in Asia.

http://www.racereadyrcs.blogspot.com/
Well put.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Car is available on rcmart and listed on tcmodels.net so it should be hitting shelves soon.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Gave the TC10 a shake-down today. Drove very well and has room for fine tuning. Unfortunately the parts aren't all bulletproof. Broke the servo arm ( use a servo saver) and also broke the drive cup on the front spool. An Xray drive cup fit EXACTLY PERFECT. I will also install a stiffer foam bumper.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mooby64
Gave the TC10 a shake-down today. Drove very well and has room for fine tuning. Unfortunately the parts aren't all bulletproof. Broke the servo arm ( use a servo saver) and also broke the drive cup on the front spool. An Xray drive cup fit EXACTLY PERFECT. I will also install a stiffer foam bumper.
Sorry to hear you broke... But glad you liked the car. I'm going to start trying new setups next week :-)
Old 12-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Sorry to hear you broke... But glad you liked the car. I'm going to start trying new setups next week :-)
No real problems, just ordered a bunch of Xray and Spec R spare parts. It seems that a lot of parts carry over from each kit. I am also going to try the Integy SSK dual jointed axles.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys! I raced With the car today. It felt awesome so I didn't do any changes, apart from lowering the body. I recently changed transmitter and went back to sticks so I am focusing on getting used to it...
Car is incredibly easy to drive, fast and resistant to hard impacts!
Old 01-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Hey Joe....Are we the only 2 people with this chassis?????
Old 01-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

FYI...the Team CSO rear toe mounts fit perfectly. I picked up 2.5 and 3.5 mounts from Middle River Hobbies. Online shop is hotlapracingusa.com
Old 01-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Hi! I think some people are running it but not coming in this thread.
Thanks for the tip, I might try a 2.5 to loosen the rear up in high speed corners...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.