Speedmerchant Rev 8 >

Speedmerchant Rev 8

Like Tree40Likes

Speedmerchant Rev 8

Old 09-06-2016, 04:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank
If you hit something hard enough that the upper arm durability is a factor, you have a whole other list of problems than that part breaking...
I'll second that. I finally broke one. And it only broke because the hinge pin stop was drilled out and the pin worked its way free overloading the back part of the arm and snapping it near the pin. Mine are V1, first ones off the printer and plenty strong.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ricker96
Hi speedmerchant guys! I'm looking at making a comback into 1/12 scale racing. I want to run a local American based company and have heard nothing but good things about speedmerchant, I was wondering if I ordered a kit this coming week if it would be a long wait to receive it? The Web site doesn't show instock items. Thanks for your responses
Hi Guys,

If the part/kit/conversion is listed on the website, then it is in stock. I take stuff off-line that's out of stock.

So...plenty of 8 Pros in stock...order away.

Also, the testing on the 3D printed "Reactive" New School Front Suspension parts couldn't being going better. Lots of happy customers and team drivers. You can order direct from Shapeways, and they'll be at your door in about a week. Here's a link to the SpeedMerchant Shapeways shop...

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/speedmerchant

The parts come printed in white. I've been dyeing them black using RIT liquid fabric dye for the team stuff. Just do a low boil on the stove for about 10 minutes while stirring. As noted above, a Black Sharpie actually works very well too if you're just doing a few for yourself.

Finally, Mike at McFactory is shipping us Rev.8 and RoadKill 10 Aluminum chassis this week. They should be here by the weekend. I will update the website tonight with a link to buy (Check the "News" section). If you want one, grab one quick because they are going to sell out again. Mike is still back logged and catching up with orders on his end, so I'm not 100% sure when we will get our next batch. Just a testament to how good the McFactory chassis are.

Hope everyone had a nice Labor Day weekend.

Take care.-Bruce
Old 09-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

The mcfactory chassis you are soon to be selling, are they the type L chassis or regular chassis design, Want to order one of them with the Rev8 I order
Old 09-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Traditional style
Old 09-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

The website is updated with Aluminum McFactory Rev.8 and RoadKill 10 Chassis.

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/news.html

They probably won't last long.

Take care.-Bruce
Old 09-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ordered my rev8 and aluminum chassis today, can't wait to assemble it and get some laps laid down!
Old 10-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Rev 8 Questions

Hello everyone, looking for some guidance. I'm thinking about picking up a Rev 8 to dabble with. I'm currently running an AE R5.1. My local track just installed the new CRC black carpet but unfortunately we are not allowed to use any traction compound. With this situation, would I be better off purchasing the Rev 8 kit minus the chassis plate and going with the McFactory aluminum chassis or will the standard Rev 8 kit work better for me on this surface being we are not able to use any type of sauce or traction compound? Is anyone here running a Rev 8 under certain conditions? This will be the only track I will be using the car at as I really don't have much time to travel longer distances to get to other tracks this year.

In addition to the chassis plate information, I would also like to know what other parts I should order at the time I buy the kit such as main spring, side spring, shock oil that would help set this car up for my particular track. Also, are there any factory parts I should immediately have in the spare parts kit should I break anything on a race day or practice session?

Thank you for any help that can be sent my way, its greatly appreciated.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by HK500Pilot
Hello everyone, looking for some guidance. I'm thinking about picking up a Rev 8 to dabble with. I'm currently running an AE R5.1. My local track just installed the new CRC black carpet but unfortunately we are not allowed to use any traction compound. With this situation, would I be better off purchasing the Rev 8 kit minus the chassis plate and going with the McFactory aluminum chassis or will the standard Rev 8 kit work better for me on this surface being we are not able to use any type of sauce or traction compound? Is anyone here running a Rev 8 under certain conditions? This will be the only track I will be using the car at as I really don't have much time to travel longer distances to get to other tracks this year.

In addition to the chassis plate information, I would also like to know what other parts I should order at the time I buy the kit such as main spring, side spring, shock oil that would help set this car up for my particular track. Also, are there any factory parts I should immediately have in the spare parts kit should I break anything on a race day or practice session?

Thank you for any help that can be sent my way, its greatly appreciated.
I have no experience on black carpet. As far as parts, get an ae blue center spring, .020 speedmerchant side springs, shims for rear axle, the kit comes with only a few. The kit should come with an assortment of front springs. 3x18mm ti turnbuckles for the upper "camber link". Spares: get a pair of side links just because they're their own size, pair of side tubes (same reason), extra front axles and you should be good to good. Oh and look up irs214, it's the screw to clamp the lr hub on, they'll wear out eventually.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

With no sauce allowed I would say carbon.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have never ran my cars without tire sauce so I can not comment but I would call BSR and ask John for tire recommendation for that situation.

I ran the Black Carpet for the first time at IIC this past week and here's my setup.

Front springs: .020
Tweak springs: .022
Center shock: 50wt., gold spring
4 degree caster
1 degree chamber
Damper tubes: blue spooge
McFactory chassis

For spare and necessary parts:
Side links
Upper and lower arms
All of the SM front and tweak springs: .018,.020,.022,.024
SM green, red and blue spooge
Center spring set:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCKS9&P=FR&gclid=CjwKEAjwm_K_BRDx5o-sxq6ouXASJAC7TsFLqCi-IFaSTV1lwvr3d3i4pMaBrZ3b0z4pzS-o7eM7YBoCYkjw_wcB

Lunsford Ti 18mm for the upper arm
http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LUNS&Product_C ode=1318&Category_Code=3ML

Lunsford Ti 1.25" steering rods
http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LUNS&Product_C ode=1063&Category_Code=3SL

Lunsford Ti front axles 8043
http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LUNS&Product_C ode=8043&Category_Code=AXEL
Old 10-16-2016, 08:02 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I had a great run at iic. Chassis was excellent from the time we arrived through the end. We had a great showing of Rev 8's in the A main all with some wildly different setups but all fast and contenders.

here is my setup from Vegas
Carbon Chassis, inline
Front .20 asc spring, 2mm droop (lift up on front end)
Camber 0, toe 0, caster 3 deg, 3d printed upper arms, 5 deg reactive block.

center spring asc blue, 30et shock oil (prime shock) 2mm center pivot droop

.20 rear side springs. touch chassis at ride ht adjust tweak. orange tube lube.

tires cut to 40.25, front sidewall CA'd,

Andrew Mowery
Old 10-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TOADYY
I have never ran my cars without tire sauce so I can not comment but I would call BSR and ask John for tire recommendation for that situation.

I ran the Black Carpet for the first time at IIC this past week and here's my setup.

Front springs: .020
Tweak springs: .022
Center shock: 50wt., gold spring
4 degree caster
1 degree chamber
Damper tubes: blue spooge
McFactory chassis

For spare and necessary parts:
Side links
Upper and lower arms
All of the SM front and tweak springs: .018,.020,.022,.024
SM green, red and blue spooge
Center spring set:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...M7YBoCYkjw_wcB

Lunsford Ti 18mm for the upper arm
http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...egory_Code=3ML

Lunsford Ti 1.25" steering rods
http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...egory_Code=3SL

Lunsford Ti front axles 8043
http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...gory_Code=AXEL

Thank you for the replies. I'm still considering ordering one of these kits, just still doing my homework.

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding should I stick with the chassis that comes with the kit or should I pick up the Mcfactory aluminum chassis?

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2016, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

A big thanks to Bruce at speedmerchant, and Martin Lecuyer for all the help with setup.
The Rev8 pro is such a great handling and durable 1/12 car!
My first real race weekend with my rev8 pro and I landed myself in the A- main, only half a lap behind the the leader.
Car felt planted all day, and carried big speed in all the corners.
Definitely glad I decided on speedmerchant!
Old 10-24-2016, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ricker96
A big thanks to Bruce at speedmerchant, and Martin Lecuyer for all the help with setup.
The Rev8 pro is such a great handling and durable 1/12 car!
My first real race weekend with my rev8 pro and I landed myself in the A- main, only half a lap behind the the leader.
Car felt planted all day, and carried big speed in all the corners.
Definitely glad I decided on speedmerchant!
My pleasure... You did great Ricky... Glad you like your car
Old 10-27-2016, 08:27 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Rev 8's TQ and Go 1st and 3rd at The Bone Crusher

https://youtu.be/t3Z2Hi3437Y

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.