R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree9Likes

Old 03-01-2015, 01:27 AM   #706
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kineteks View Post
I ordered a Rev-8 11 days ago and just received confirmation of shipping. Maybe Bruce is getting a little caught up. I'm stoked!

Wow lucky you!!

Placed my order on the 17th Feb, patiently waiting for shipping notification and extra charges for international postage

I've then gotta wait for it to arrive in the UK :-(

All I can say is the kit is truly worth the wait, we have a couple of Jedi 12th drivers at my local club and its smashing records!!!

Fingers crossed my order is progressing nicely
008-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:29 AM   #707
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Is it just me, or are all the god cars made by people who aren't the easiest to deal with to get a continued supply?

CEFX with Josh, Speedmerchant with Bruce and BMI with Breiner - great cars that were difficult to get hold of and get support to race with. Speedmerchant have outlast the other two, both of which I used to race here in the UK.

Two guys over here have got hold of Speedmerchant cars... eventually! It's a shame because there's quite a few people who would like to get hold to them but need to get hold of Bruce first!

I have met Bruce twice on my journeys Stateside and a nicer guy is hard to meet. Nonetheless, if someone like Bob Stormer can't get enough in store to make it one of his lines, you gotta wonder of it is Bruce's business or his hobby.

Keep up the good work Bruce, only more of it!
Why should he make more? He might have Speedmerchant positioned exactly where he wants it. Just because everyone wants one or Stormer is bent because Speedmerchact apparently doesn't care about doing business with them doesn't change the business plan if things are already working to Bruce's satisfaction. Maybe he has a family and refuses to work 80 hour weeks, another job, whatever. Either way anyone who has done a minutes research should have some idea things will work differently than if the bought a car from a large manufacturer. Communication may be a bit lax although that was never my experience. Would people be happier if he was on the boards spinning a million bullshit stories about how he had the flu or his wife forgot to go to the post office? It is a great car, I get everyone wanting more but maybe we all need to temper our expectations a bit. JMO
Old 03-01-2015, 09:02 AM   #708
Tech Fanatic

Correct - and I have tempered my expectations to "not getting one." It's Bruce's company and he can run it as he sees fit.

What bugs those of us who would like to use the car is there is no consistency to any contact or delivery date. Too many of my fellow racers in the UK have experienced this inconsistency for me to even start trying!

Bruce can run his company any way he chooses. All the rest of us are saying is that his choice isn't ours and we think that's a great shame as it is a good car and we'd like to run it. Bruce doesn't have to make more, or work 80 hours a week or work the same as a major manufacturer.

What would be nice is if people who ordered their cars got them when promised, and not the apparently random situation where cars ordered a few weeks ago get delivered before cars ordered months ago!

No one is dissing Bruce, we all love him! We are just pointing out that getting one of his cars is a lottery and that isn't the right way to run any business, period.
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #709
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Correct - and I have tempered my expectations to "not getting one." It's Bruce's company and he can run it as he sees fit.

What bugs those of us who would like to use the car is there is no consistency to any contact or delivery date. Too many of my fellow racers in the UK have experienced this inconsistency for me to even start trying!

Bruce can run his company any way he chooses. All the rest of us are saying is that his choice isn't ours and we think that's a great shame as it is a good car and we'd like to run it. Bruce doesn't have to make more, or work 80 hours a week or work the same as a major manufacturer.

What would be nice is if people who ordered their cars got them when promised, and not the apparently random situation where cars ordered a few weeks ago get delivered before cars ordered months ago!

No one is dissing Bruce, we all love him! We are just pointing out that getting one of his cars is a lottery and that isn't the right way to run any business, period.
No argument here. If he promised a specific delivery date then you should have goods on that date or be informed of the delay.

Last edited by Chaz955i; 03-01-2015 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Clarity
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #710
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 008-Racer View Post
Wow lucky you!!
...well don't feel too bad, I live about an hour and a half away from SM and it hasn't arrived yet. Patiently waiting

FWIW I've waited ages for Kyosho, Tamiya & XRay stuff as well as 1+ year waits for more boutique-y parts only to have my money refunded when the parts never got made. To paraphrase Mick Jagger, you can't always get what you want (when you want it).....
kineteks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #711
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kineteks View Post
...well don't feel too bad, I live about an hour and a half away from SM and it hasn't arrived yet. Patiently waiting

FWIW I've waited ages for Kyosho, Tamiya & XRay stuff as well as 1+ year waits for more boutique-y parts only to have my money refunded when the parts never got made. To paraphrase Mick Jagger, you can't always get what you want (when you want it).....
But if you try sometimes, well, you might find, you get what you need

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #712
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

too funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
But if you try sometimes, well, you might find, you get what you need
Old 03-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #713
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tone to tone win for the Rev. 8 in 13.5 at the warm-up race for the Carpet Nats at the host track this past weekend. Car drove like a Caddilac all day, easy to hammer out the lap times with plenty in reserve. Looking like a few more National Champ titles for Speedmerchant in a couple weeks
Old 03-04-2015, 09:21 PM   #714
Tech Elite

Anyone tried the optional soft front arms? If so with what effect?
Old 03-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #715
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Anyone tried the optional soft front arms? If so with what effect?
Not much difference on low to Med Grip

Nice for high grip, and have more give in hard hits
I pretty much run them all the time now

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #716
Tech Elite

Cool beans. thanks bruddah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Not much difference on low to Med Grip

Nice for high grip, and have more give in hard hits
I pretty much run them all the time now
Old 03-05-2015, 04:20 AM   #717
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is the setup I ran this past weekend for the Carpet Nats warmup at the host track. Car was perfect all day
Attached Thumbnails
Speedmerchant Rev 8-image.jpg  
Old 03-05-2015, 06:45 AM   #718
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza View Post
Here is the setup I ran this past weekend for the Carpet Nats warmup at the host track. Car was perfect all day
Nice work Driva

Old 03-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #719
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Cool beans. thanks bruddah.
Did you give up on Top? No more love! So when is the rev8 coming?
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:48 AM   #720
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Did you give up on Top? No more love! So when is the rev8 coming?
Nope. I love my Rebel. I just want to compare notes. I have ALWAYS run speedmerchant cars in the past. If a buck like you can go fast with it,that is saying something.