R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #601
Tech Master

Here's the pics I said I would post...
Attached Thumbnails
Speedmerchant Rev 8-12th_mod-1.jpg   Speedmerchant Rev 8-12th_mod-2.jpg   Speedmerchant Rev 8-12th_mod-3.jpg   Speedmerchant Rev 8-wgt-2.jpg   Speedmerchant Rev 8-wgt-3.jpg  

Old 12-05-2014, 06:39 AM   #602
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did the front axle is a SpeedMerchant specific part or it can be found somewhere?

Thanks
Mart42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #603
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart42 View Post
Did the front axle is a SpeedMerchant specific part or it can be found somewhere?

Thanks
part #1289

They are press fit with raised edges so they don't spin and come off from vibration.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #604
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
part #1289

They are press fit with raised edges so they don't spin and come off from vibration.
Lundsford also makes a Ti version that is threaded but will work on the Rev. 8 just fine. They are a bit lighter and much stronger.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #605
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave View Post
Lundsford also makes a Ti version that is threaded but will work on the Rev. 8 just fine. They are a bit lighter and much stronger.
Kave,

You talking about those ? :

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...gory_Code=AXEL

Thanks
Mart42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #606
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thank you josh, that answered most of my questions. Will be getting some practice with mod at the end of the month. Been using your mhic set up with minor tweaks and it always works great. It's the mod car I need some help with.
Chris
Scirocco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #607
Tech Master

Quote:
Kave,

Thanks
Yup, they are not the easiest thing to instal simply because they are threaded and the hub is not but if you take a little extra time they go on just fine even without pre-threading the hub.

I have them on all my cars and have had no issue what so ever with breaking or bending.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #608
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Quote:
Kave,

Thanks
Nice find and great instructions.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #609
Tech Master

I actually have those Lunsford axles in all my cars now. Spin the axle up in a dremel and you can use a file or piece of sandpaper to knock the top off the threads. Then they thread or press into the aluminum blocks pretty well. Don't think they are bullet proof though, I actually did bend one on the Mod car after a good bank shot off the chicane in front of the stand at the Champs. lol...
Old 12-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #610
Tech Champion

What is the left hand thread for the Lunsford axles? I picked up a few sets for my cars.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #611
Tech Regular

There is no tap that will work. I e-mailed Lunsford with that same question. The said it was a custom 6-40 thread. Just prep the axles like Josh instructed, I did the same with mine last year
Old 12-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #612
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza View Post
There is no tap that will work. I e-mailed Lunsford with that same question. The said it was a custom 6-40 thread. Just prep the axles like Josh instructed, I did the same with mine last year
Thanks, trying too hard and over thinking are my 2 favorite things to do. I suppose once I bend one I could cut flutes in it and use it as a tap...
Old 12-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #613
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Thanks, trying too hard and over thinking are my 2 favorite things to do. I suppose once I bend one I could cut flutes in it and use it as a tap...
They really are not as difficult to thread in as you think even if you don't do anything to prep them.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #614
Tech Champion

Quote:
They really are not as difficult to thread in as you think even if you don't do anything to prep them.
Let's see. Who said line them up and just screw them in carefully?

Thanks, worked perfectly.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #615
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I got my Rev 8. I absolutely love it!

Bruce's customer service is outstanding. I find if I send him an email, he gets back to me within 24 hours, usually within a couple hours. Give the guy a break, he's only 1 guy and can only do so much. I was patient and waited for my kit to show up. It took about 3 weeks, but in the meantime, I sold my other cars and got ready for the REV 8.

I had it in my hands at the time he promised it. I'm positive that he doesn't say screw them they can wait. I'm sure he's doing all he can to get kits out the door. I've found him to be one of the nicest guys in R/C. He's been very responsive and helpful. Let's face it guys, it's a boutique car, if you wanted an assembly line car, you'd have bought an Associated. The car is well worth waiting for and if you politely email him, he can give you a pretty good idea when you're going to see it on your doorstep. He also buys parts from other manufacturers that also have slow-downs in production that hold him up. If you're buying a REV 8, you obviously had something that you were running before and it was good enough to run. Stick with what you've got until he can catch up. I am awaiting a Speedmerchant WGT, but will run my On-Point until it shows up.

NORCAR R/C Racing at The Gate
www.norcarracing.com
kingbee9 is offline   Reply With Quote