Search

2005 Reedy Race of Champions Europe

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

ANDY MOORE!! represent HPI/HB
Old 06-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Spashett with his new Tamiya from marc then Andy moore and jilles.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:43 PM
ml
Tech Apprentice

Barry,
I'm rooting for you.
-ML
Old 06-17-2005, 05:25 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
First of all....NICOLAS....dont put a post on there when you have no idea what you are talking about....dont hate cuz a car you own didnt win....Craig won fair and square...the rules were stated at the drivers meeting and again before the 7th round of invite because the organizers saw the tie comming...so before you say something on the internet, think about it before you post it....thank you...

OK now on with the race........today it was raining most of the day...we did get about 4 hours of drying practice in....due to some family appointment Craig could not make the race...but we all wish him and his family the best....

when practice started it seemed that Jilles was right on form where he left off at the Reedy Race of America...he was fast right off the bat...

At the end of practice it seems there are afew drivers that are faster then the rest...The WC Reinhard,Jilles,Spashy,Kaeurp,and Pelle martin....these drivers are racing the Reedy part of the race...there is also the Noric Champs going on here...which I beleive if I was a betting man(which sometimes I am)..I would put my money on Teemu Leino...seems to be up to speed with the rest of them....Myberg Bros. are goin well also....

On the point of my car, it is a couple tenths off right now but it could be ME..trying to get used to this style of track with grass and more flowing corners then we see in the U.S.....I do feel that my car is a very good race car...maybe not the fastest but very cosistant and very easy to drive....

so I guess after this post I will have to pick ME or one of my teammates driving the TC4 to win

I will update after tomorrow to let you know how my predictions are goin....lol

Barry
Great report...keep it coming!

DON'T DRINK the FISHERMAN"S VODKA......NO MATTER WHAT Jonas tells you!
Old 06-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

Nothing wrong with the fishermans vodka, just you americans who cant handle it their advertising slogan is: If its to strong, your to weak
Old 06-18-2005, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default LIVE RESULTS

Look here for live race action from the tase software.
Courtesy of bbkRC and team Orion.
Click the red links to navigate
Old 06-18-2005, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by big_G
Look here for live race action from the tase software.
Courtesy of bbkRC and team Orion.
Click the red links to navigate
George, are you there with Rob ?
Old 06-18-2005, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

I wish

No but have been speaking with Rob prior to him flying over.
Hopefully - it looks as though they have a good link so the results should start dispaying.
The practice results are there.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
OK now on with the race........today it was raining most of the day...we did get about 4 hours of drying practice in....due to some family appointment Craig could not make the race...but we all wish him and his family the best....Barry
Barry im sure everyone on the forum would like to pass on there best wishes to craig and the family....
Old 06-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Antonio Sabato
Please tell me you’re joking.
He has beaten them befor and he will beat them again!
Antonio i was only joking... I didn't mean to get peoples backs up and i have edited it.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats a huge track. Do the drivers get issued binoculars when they go up on the stand?

looks very sweet
Old 06-18-2005, 08:22 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Nothing wrong with the fishermans vodka, just you americans who cant handle it their advertising slogan is: If its to strong, your to weak

Oh I can handle it.....Barry can't.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NVisible
Thats a huge track. Do the drivers get issued binoculars when they go up on the stand?

looks very sweet
Actually, it's not as huge as it looks. Only 165 meters long. I've driven on it and it's great fun to drive. Nice flowing corners to built a good rythm on.
Has good grip when dry, but terrible in the wet
There's quite a lot of off-camber turns so it's a challenging track
Old 06-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok here we go with todays action......

started off with 2 practices....it was the same people as yesterday that were fast.....

The weather was Beautiful today very sunny but alittle windy but very comfortable.....

the first heat of the Reedy race was going to be a thing to watch as it was myself,reinhard,spashy,and jilles in there....well it was good to watchthe first 2 racing and then myself 5 seconds back in 3rd...lol

Marc won with Jilles 2nd and myself 3rd...so already I have matched my best finish at this years U.S reedy race....wooooooo hooooooo

as the day went on it seemed that most of the fast guys in practice raced each other alot while some others had the wide open heats...and Simo took well advantage of that situation as he posted 3 wins and 1 3rd on the day to have the Overall lead after day 1....with no thowouts yet it is Simo with 6 points.....Myself in second with 9 points and Reinhard and Moore tied with 10 points(marc had some bad racing luck but laid it down in the last heat today wher he posted the only 20 lap run in reedy race format....besting everyone esle by a good 5 seconds)man is he fast when he is mad...lol

My highlight of the day was a blast from the past when I used to get great starts at the Reedy races...it was the 3rd round I look down the stand and its Reinhard,spashy,Moore and grainger along with myself...I started on the 3rd row and guess what.....I lead every lap of the race...what a hole shot(and I didnt even hit anyone...LOL)..well enough about my day...its time for dinner now...so I will check in later tonight and answer any questions....

Barry
Old 06-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Barry, it sounds like the track has low grip this weekend. About a month ago, a national race was held there and the fastest 17T guy (me) pole'd with 19 laps in 5.07. The mod guys where able to do 21 laps in the 5.highs. And from what I read from your post, only one above 20 is Marc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.